U of A c/o 2026 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MMI waitlisted 12/15. I finished my supplemental 10/10 and it went into review 12/07. Now we just wait............No big deal........I'm fine. lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I’m officially on supplemental review! Fingers crossed

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Supplemental 10/14
Supplemental review 12/8
Interview Hold 12/15

Reactions: 1 user
As a side note, lol not to sound pessimistic for the rest of us but to be realistic I guess, since they're now scheduling interviews for the very end of February, I guess this means that they've almost sent out all of their interview invites then right? Since almost every single vet school finishes interviews by early to mid March usually?

Reactions: 1 users
As a side note, lol not to sound pessimistic for the rest of us but to be realistic I guess, since they're now scheduling interviews for the very end of February, I guess this means that they've almost sent out all of their interview invites then right? Since almost every single vet school finishes interviews by early to mid March usually?
Yeah, there's probably not many more chances since they said that the interview cycle runs until March 17, 2023

Yeah, there's probably not many more chances since they said that the interview cycle runs until March 17, 2023
There's a post on here from Oct 25 that said U of A will be sending out invites every Thursday for the next 13 weeks. If that is still admission's plan, then I believe Jan 19th (or that week) will be the last time they send out interview invites 🥲

I’ve been on hold since October so I’m just gonna assume I’m on a list to get rejected. I just wish they would let me know now instead of waiting another month. Regardless, best of luck to everyone and congrats to those who already got accepted!!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I saw the last interview date that i could choose was march 3rd aside from feb 24th? Idk if it was just an option for the group that got offered interviews, but that was the last one to show up on the calendar for me.

I’ve been on hold since October so I’m just gonna assume I’m on a list to get rejected. I just wish they would let me know now instead of waiting another month. Regardless, best of luck to everyone and congrats to those who already got accepted!!
In the same boat and also assuming I won't be offered an interview/am rejected at this point

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year I applied, was placed on the waitlist, and got rejected in February. Not feeling very hopeful. Last year they told me I didn’t get in because I didn’t write an optional covid essay. But this year I’ve seen people get interviews with less GPAs than me, not sure what their experience is though! I’m expecting a rejection at this point!

• Sad
  • Wow
Last year I applied, was placed on the waitlist, and got rejected in February. Not feeling very hopeful. Last year they told me I didn’t get in because I didn’t write an optional covid essay. But this year I’ve seen people get interviews with less GPAs than me, not sure what their experience is though! I’m expecting a rejection at this point!
they told you it was because you didn’t complete the OPTIONAL essay?!? that doesn’t sit right with me

yes, I was really upset 😢 I was so mad at myself. But really, I didn’t have much to put in that essay and it was optional!
That doesn't really sit right with me either...I hope that you didn't beat yourself too much over it! IMO I don't think you were in the wrong at all, especially since they were the ones who had stated that it was optional...

That doesn't really sit right with me either...I hope that you didn't beat yourself too much over it! IMO I don't think you were in the wrong at all, especially since they were the ones who had stated that it was optional...
yes! I did beat myself up for a few months, but I applied stronger this year and still haven’t heard anything back. that was the only reason they could give me for not getting offered an interview. They even said my other essays were amazing 😂

Been on the waitlist for a while and feeling hopeless now :( I just really thought I had a strong application with a variety of experiences and strong supplemental essay :( maybe it’s just my grades. I really thought Arizona would be the one :((((

• Care
I didn’t write one last year either, so maybe that was my problem too. However, if a school is going to trick applicants by making an essay optional but using that to decide who gets an interview, maybe that’s not a school I want to attend 🤔

Been on the waitlist for a while and feeling hopeless now :( I just really thought I had a strong application with a variety of experiences and strong supplemental essay :( maybe it’s just my grades. I really thought Arizona would be the one :((((
Same. I’ve been on the waitlist since 10/22 and seeing people get accepted already made me lose hope. I got an interview for another school so I’m gonna take my focus off UofA. We’ll have better luck elsewhere!!

I always think applying to vet school (or any other professional school really) as a super similar experience to applying to undergrad. You never really know what the admissions is looking for and what "niches" they're trying to fill (i.e. are they looking for more people interested in research? Large animal? etc). All I can say is that there's always more room for improvement and discovery no matter who you are. Your time will come just as all of ours will, and I'm sure you'll be a great vet! Don't give up!!

I read that they got over 2000 applications this cycle for only 110 seats with around 300 interviews. Unfortunately that means that lots of very well qualified people aren't going to get in. Hang in there and hold on to your dreams.

kinda in the same boat here. Ive been on MMI invite hold since 11/7 and still haven't heard anything

Hi y’all, I just saw on the APVMA facebook that 12/22 is the last day of interview invites for 2022, and there’s one last round on 01/05 after winter break. I’m definitely getting rejected so best of luck and hope y’all get some good news!!

• Care
Hi y’all, I just saw on the APVMA facebook that 12/22 is the last day of interview invites for 2022, and there’s one last round on 01/05 after winter break. I’m definitely getting rejected so best of luck and hope y’all get some good news!!

I haven’t seen this post? Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the post?

I haven’t seen this post? Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the post?
B8AC87EB-AE40-4401-BDA4-C36D352FDEAB.png

I got put on hold and offered an invite today (12/20)!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
This is disheartening but I’m still praying I’ll at least get a chance to interview. Praying for all the best for us all! We will survive if we don’t get in, right? Lol

Reactions: 10 users
My heart dropped with that email now it’s time to just wait til January!

My portal updated to a denial today. Best of luck with the rest of interviews to those invited!

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
So my school uses clearinghouse for transcripts, where should I send my fall transcripts to? Registrars office of admissions?

When are we supposed to send in our fall transcripts?

As soon as you can but they're due on Jan 20th
Would anyone happen to know the address for the admissions building? Also where did you see they were due the 20th cause i feel like I looked all over their website.

OMG nevermind! I'm in the wrong thread lol. Did we need to send our fall transcripts for U of A?

Pls ignore what I said about them being due on the 20th (that is for Iowa)

OMG nevermind! I'm in the wrong thread lol. Did we need to send our fall transcripts for U of A?

Pls ignore what I said about them being due on the 20th (that is for Iowa)
Following, do they require transcript for admitted students only or everyone?

For those accepted, where do we send the fall transcripts (if we have to)?

For those accepted, where do we send the fall transcripts (if we have to)?
I was told in an email they would let us know when and where to send the transcripts to. I'm assuming they will send an email again in a couple months.

Does anyone know any more information about if we should send fall transcripts now?

Hello everyone! We hope you had a nice winter break. We wanted to address some reoccurring questions and comments.

1. Where should I send my Fall transcripts?
    • We do not need transcripts sent to us. We will only need updated transcripts sent to us if you are admitted to the program.
  2. Can I send updates on my application?
    • We do not accept updates to applications.
  3. COVID statement concerns.
    • The COVID statement was OPTIONAL. It was not required and does not determine if you are invited to an MMI.
  4. Status of my application.
    • If you are on MMI invite hold, you will have a decision on if you are sent an MMI invite by mid-January. We are starting to send more MMI invites this week as well as some denial emails.
  5. Check your portal!
    • An email will be sent to you inviting you to schedule your MMI. The portal will update asking you to register for an MMI before you will get the email.
As always, we are here to answer your questions. You can email us at [email protected]. We do not have a rank list for the MMI interview hold as well as we cannot tell you what your chances are on getting an MMI invite.

Reactions: 13 users
Hello everyone! We hope you had a nice winter break. We wanted to address some reoccurring questions and comments.

1. Where should I send my Fall transcripts?
    • We do not need transcripts sent to us. We will only need updated transcripts sent to us if you are admitted to the program.
  2. Can I send updates on my application?
    • We do not accept updates to applications.
  3. COVID statement concerns.
    • The COVID statement was OPTIONAL. It was not required and does not determine if you are invited to an MMI.
  4. Status of my application.
    • If you are on MMI invite hold, you will have a decision on if you are sent an MMI invite by mid-January. We are starting to send more MMI invites this week as well as some denial emails.
  5. Check your portal!
    • An email will be sent to you inviting you to schedule your MMI. The portal will update asking you to register for an MMI before you will get the email.
As always, we are here to answer your questions. You can email us at [email protected]. We do not have a rank list for the MMI interview hold as well as we cannot tell you what your chances are on getting an MMI invite.

Thank you for the update!