UB Applicants 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Desmoulians, you seem familiar with the area. I would greatly appreciate if you could comment on the availability and breadth of pharmacist intern work in the buffalo area.
Sorry but I think the current students would be able to answer that better. I live in Niagara Falls and I know one of the hospitals there takes UB interns but I am unsure of the city of Buffalo itself.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry but I think the current students would be able to answer that better. I live in Niagara Falls and I know one of the hospitals there takes UB interns but I am unsure of the city of Buffalo itself.
Hi, does anyone know if the school would offer an interview to a student who couldn't complete all the prerequisites by the end of spring? I still need 1 more advance writing class, plan to take it in the summer but I was waitlisted w/o an interview>< Thanks.

Hi, does anyone know if the school would offer an interview to a student who couldn't complete all the prerequisites by the end of spring? I still need 1 more advance writing class, plan to take it in the summer but I was waitlisted w/o an interview>< Thanks.
No they would not...If you are applying for Fall 2010, all prerequisites must be completed by Spring Semester (this semester). I'm 99% certain on this, but for your sake I hope someone can prove me wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted off the wait-list! Very unexpected.
Congrats....I was accepted at Oregon and wow that was a hike across country. Did you apply there at all (Pacific Oregon, 3yr program)? I'll actually go out on a limb and say I belive Buffalo has better weather than Oregon..haha...Congrats again though!

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!!!:love: Has anybody been rejected after the interview?

Congrats....I was accepted at Oregon and wow that was a hike across country. Did you apply there at all (Pacific Oregon, 3yr program)? I'll actually go out on a limb and say I belive Buffalo has better weather than Oregon..haha...Congrats again though!

I would have applied to osu but I took my a&p at a community college and they won't accept the credits. I have found out recently that you can petition this but its way too late now. Pacific would be convenient but I think I'd rather do a four year program. I'd be really happy to go to buffalo but I just had an interview at the university of washington over the weekend and I'm waiting to hear back before I decide anything.

Hi everyone, does any of you know if we can get financial aids for P2, P3 P4 or only P1 at UB? I know we can get loan for sure, but some pharmacy school like Temple do have financial aids for P2,3,4. Thanks.

I interviewed with UB on March 12 and I thought that my interview went extremely well. I just heard back and I have been waitlisted......
Has anyone from March 12 interview been accepted?

Regarding financial aid, please contact the Office of Admissions and Advisement with specific questions.

I interviewed with UB on March 12 and I thought that my interview went extremely well. I just heard back and I have been waitlisted......
Has anyone from March 12 interview been accepted?
I interviewed on March 12th and I was waitlisted too>.<

Members don't see this ad :)
hey yall,
i just have a question for all the applicants here. For the english composition prequisites required for admittance, would Buffalo accept substitutes like a humanities intensive writing course (which would fulfill upper lvl writing requirement at other colleges)? I called Buff pharm school's office for info and they just told me to took at TAURUS or the course catalog (they do not have the time to fufill these types of requests), which was not helpful. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I was put on the hold list today. Tell me the truth now people, who out of all the people have gotten into UB from the hold list. Should I just forget about it.

I was put on the hold list today. Tell me the truth now people, who out of all the people have gotten into UB from the hold list. Should I just forget about it.
It's sad but as far as I know, only 1 got in from the wait list!

hey yall,
i just have a question for all the applicants here. For the english composition prequisites required for admittance, would Buffalo accept substitutes like a humanities intensive writing course (which would fulfill upper lvl writing requirement at other colleges)? I called Buff pharm school's office for info and they just told me to took at TAURUS or the course catalog (they do not have the time to fufill these types of requests), which was not helpful. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Nygoblue - respectfully, the office receives dozens of calls like this daily. What college are you from and what specific courses are you asking about?

Based on what I was told today by admissions, the incoming class for Fall 2010 is full and March 12th interview was the last interview. They won't be giving out any more interview offers and as seats open up, they will contact the waitlisted candidates who have been interviewed. So basically, there is very little to no chance of being accepted to UB from here on.

There are like 20 people on the waitlist, but not likely anybody would drop out once accepted to UB:(

There are like 20 people on the waitlist, but not likely anybody would drop out once accepted to UB:(
A couple people in this thread said that they were accepted off the wait list so at least there are a few people declining ub

Nygoblue - respectfully, the office receives dozens of calls like this daily. What college are you from and what specific courses are you asking about?
Oh, I completely understand why they choose not to fulfill these type of requests. I was just hoping that one of these applicants were in a
situation similar to mine and could offer some insight. I just want to be as well informed as possible when I register for classes next semester. Compared to other pharmacy schools, SUNY Buffalo's prepharmacy advising has actually been great so far in answering my concerns and especially in a timely manner.

Last edited:
I called and I was told there are 30 people on this list. Only 2 had been accepted from this list.

Oh, I completely understand why they choose not to fulfill these type of requests. I was just hoping that one of these applicants were in a
situation similar to mine and could offer some insight. I just want to be as well informed as possible when I register for classes next semester. Compared to other pharmacy schools, SUNY Buffalo's prepharmacy advising has actually been great so far in answering my concerns and especially in a timely manner.

Okay. Just check here http://taurus.buffalo.edu/ for the articulation. Course articulation is fairly individualized so call again if the office can help advise your for next semester coursework.

I am going to end up giving up my accepted spot sometime in the near future. Hope it goes to one of you guys here on the waitlist!!

Maybe there will be some movement on the waitlist this year

Last edited:
Based on what I was told today by admissions, the incoming class for Fall 2010 is full and March 12th interview was the last interview. They won't be giving out any more interview offers and as seats open up, they will contact the waitlisted candidates who have been interviewed. So basically, there is very little to no chance of being accepted to UB from here on.

does that mean they will accepted everyone in the waitlist who has been interviewed and then those who have not been interviewed if there is movement in the waitlist?

does that mean they will accepted everyone in the waitlist who has been interviewed and then those who have not been interviewed if there is movement in the waitlist?
Yes. They split the wait list into two groups (interviewed or not). They take the people who have been interviewed off the wait list first before they go to the group that has not been interviewed.

checked my email, saw nothing, I must be at the bottom of the waitlist. But thank you so much for telling us guys! Keep hoping^^

So was anybody who was interviewed on the 12th accepted..?

hey guys just trying to keep this thread alive.

anybody have any updates on buffalo?

hey guys just trying to keep this thread alive.

anybody have any updates on buffalo?
I'm pretty sure they are done with their admission cycle by now. Do you think a lot of people interviewed on Mar 12th got waitlisted?

I'm pretty sure they are done with their admission cycle by now. Do you think a lot of people interviewed on Mar 12th got waitlisted?

From the looks of it, yeah. I was also waitlisted after the interview but I thought it was because I didn't do so hot. I guess we can all keep hoping-

From the looks of it, yeah. I was also waitlisted after the interview but I thought it was because I didn't do so hot. I guess we can all keep hoping-
That's funny! Did they interview people to put on the waitlist?

hey yall,

Transfer students must complete two English Composition courses offered by the English department. Humanities is only an option for UB students who are placed in the upper-level English Composition course.

First of all, congrats on all who got accepted to this year:D My friend's looking for a roommate and she's a first year student, going to 2nd year this coming fall. Anyone's interested, please let me know. Thanks!

As of right now, UB is my school of preference, but if I get into UCSF, I might change my mind. Rutgers might come into play also. So there is a chance that I might give up my spot to someone eventually. I'm sure there are many other people in a similar situation.

I don't know the stats on UB, but UCSF (the top pharmacy school) ended up accepting somewhere around 18 people off the waitlist last year. I wouldn't give up hope if you have been interviewed and waitlisted. Many spots might open up as a lot of schools are making their decisions right now. I would definitely call UB and ask them where you rank.

As of right now, UB is my school of preference, but if I get into UCSF, I might change my mind. Rutgers might come into play also. So there is a chance that I might give up my spot to someone eventually. I'm sure there are many other people in a similar situation.

I don't know the stats on UB, but UCSF (the top pharmacy school) ended up accepting somewhere around 18 people off the waitlist last year. I wouldn't give up hope if you have been interviewed and waitlisted. Many spots might open up as a lot of schools are making their decisions right now. I would definitely call UB and ask them where you rank.

Thanks spinin. UB does not rank the wait list but students are welcome to contact us at any time with questions.

Wow I don't know about other schools but among all schools I have applied to, SUNY Buffalo has the best advising admin, even on this thread! Just a quick question: if 30 people are on the waitlist, have they all been interviewed? The wait is killing me but I can't give up hope! It's so sad that this thread is almost dead, not as active as other school's.

Wow I don't know about other schools but among all schools I have applied to, SUNY Buffalo has the best advising admin, even on this thread! Just a quick question: if 30 people are on the waitlist, have they all been interviewed? The wait is killing me but I can't give up hope! It's so sad that this thread is almost dead, not as active as other school's.
I know from last year that UB ha two wait lists - one group has been interviewed and one group that has not been interviewed. They accept applicants from the interviewed list first. Last year I was told that there are about 20-30 applicants per group

if that is the case, i think i am going to give up. i will have to wait for 30 people to drop out before a chance to be interviewed. i was thinking only 30 people on both group haha. going to give ub a goodbye kiss after may....

UB is easily a first-choice school for many applicants. I find myself checking my e-mail everyday hoping to hear back.

What's going on in May?

Last edited:
UB is easily a first-choice school for many applicants. I find myself checking my e-mail everyday hoping to hear back.

What's going on in May?

haha I am graduating and will be somewhere else. Having been waitlisted for two year without an interview, I think I am not going to waste another year to get a third waitlist without an interview......

I called and I was told there are 30 people on this list. Only 2 had been accepted from this list.

Does it mean that there are 28 people on the list right now since 2 have already been accepted off? Do you think 30 is the real number? I have seen a lot of people who are on the waitlist here.

I have no idea. You can call to get more info. Anyway, I don't think I will go to UB even if they pull me off from the list.

Good luck.

Does it mean that there are 28 people on the list right now since 2 have already been accepted off? Do you think 30 is the real number? I have seen a lot of people who are on the waitlist here.

I called yesterday and I was told there are still about 30 people on the waitlist. I asked if that number included both interviewed and non-interviewed candidates but I did not get a clear answer. Whether it's a real number or not I'm not sure. If I was pulled off the waitlist I would definitely attend UB-

any one accepted/going to UB need a housemate? I'm looking at apartments on Thursday. Would prefer to live with another Pharm student :D

Does anybody out there have any good info on where I should be looking for housing? I'm currently working full time in Pittsburgh and it's going to be difficult for me to make it up there. All I want is a one bedroom place. No roommates. Preferably walking distance to campus and with parking.