UC Application Help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paisley

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
With all of the problems that we've been having with AMCAS, let's at least give them credit for improving the Post-Secondary Experiences part of the application. I realize this after trying to fill out the UC application. How did you guys fill it out? I am having trouble distinguishing between the extra-curriculars section and the post-secondary section. Also, how exactely did you list the activities (Ex. 08/99-05/00 Hospital Volunteer, General Hospital)? I realize that there is no one right way to do this but I am completely befuddled as to how to approach this and I would really appreciate some input. Have a great day!

Members don't see this ad.

hey paisley. if i remember correctly, i used the extracurricular section to list only activites and employment during the college years and summers. b/c i am a non-traditional applicant and have been out for 3 years, i listed the remainder in the post-sec section. B/c i figured they would be scanning these quickly and only glancing over, i listed the title of my position (eg. Volunteer) followed by the institution and location, and then with the date at the end of the line. I would not worry about it too much. It depends on your unique situation. My post-sec experiences happen to all be medically-related, so it was easy for me to categorize. Try not to drive yourself crazy over the form, it will probably be looked at for no longer than 5 minutes. Just get it there soon. Good luck.

Thanks mdhopeful! That's what I'll do. Best of luck to you...