UC Consortium 2018-2019 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just to let everyone know, the application is back online! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who has gone to an interview care to share your experience?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone confirm or deny about needing to send SAT scores?

The UCSF website says that SAT scores are necessary for first-time applicants.. I'm confused.

The UCSF website says that SAT scores are necessary for first-time applicants.. I'm confused.
They ask to submit the scores, not an official copy as they do for the MCATs. It says on the same site that the required materials include LORs and college transcript....no mention of the official copy. My application was marked complete without it

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have a different email than "ucdsommail.ucdsom.ucdavis.edu" to email for questions? I've receiving an error message when I try to send an email to this link.

They ask to submit the scores, not an official copy as they do for the MCATs. It says on the same site that the required materials include LORs and college transcript....no mention of the official copy. My application was marked complete without it

When did you submit all your supplemental materials and app? And when were they marked complete?

Anyone who has gone to an interview care to share your experience?
Hi all, I just finished my interview at UCI. I interviewed with two people, questions were very straightforward and pretty much similar to what they ask in the essay questions. It lasted ~40-45 mints. I don't personally think I did well, as I was incredibly, overly nervous but I did it nonetheless. It was definitely not as intense as I thought it would be. If you have any other questions, feel free to message me directly or on here.

Hi all, I just finished my interview at UCI. I interviewed with two people, questions were very straightforward and pretty much similar to what they ask in the essay questions. It lasted ~40-45 mints. I don't personally think I did well, as I was incredibly, overly nervous but I did it nonetheless. It was definitely not as intense as I thought it would be. If you have any other questions, feel free to message me directly or on here.

I wouldn't let it get in your head. We tend to be "OUR" own harshest critics. Did they mention anything about when we would be finding out about their final decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
Was it mainly one sided question and answer and they took notes? Or did they go back and forth with you based on your responses to their initial questions? Like a conversation. Who interviewed you?

I wouldn't let it get in your head. We tend to be "OUR" own harshest critics. Did they mention anything about when we would be finding out about their final decision?
That is very true. I guess only time will tell. Glad to hear yours went well though! I was actually going to ask you the same thing, I forgot to ask when they would be making a decision or when we could expect to hear back. If anyone else knows, please let me know!

Was it mainly one sided question and answer and they took notes? Or did they go back and forth with you based on your responses to their initial questions? Like a conversation. Who interviewed you?
They definitely took notes but it was very much conversation like for some questions, especially if they were interested and wanted to know more.

My recommender submitted the last supplemental material on March 4. It's been about 2 weeks and it hasn't been uploaded. I'm not sure if I should be concerned, but I'm pretty worried.

Silly question: Do we really have to manually upload every coursework completed in college? Also, do we have to send official transcripts in addition to manually uploading it onto the app? Sorry y'all, I just started the app so late and the extended deadline coincided with the hardest midterm season yet

Silly question: Do we really have to manually upload every coursework completed in college? Also, do we have to send official transcripts in addition to manually uploading it onto the app? Sorry y'all, I just started the app so late and the extended deadline coincided with the hardest midterm season yet

No worries. Definitely you are very close to the deadline so try to push everything as fast as you can.
Yes! You have to manually input every single course work you took in college. I know this is tedious but please be extremely careful with them. I suggest that you have the unofficial transcript next to you and carefully put everything in order.
Yes! You have to send in ALL official transcript to the consortium. Since today is already the 19th, you might need to use "rush option" and "priority 1 day mail" to send them in. As long they are arrived at the Consortium by 11:59pm March 23th, you're good.
Good luck to you!

My recommender submitted the last supplemental material on March 4. It's been about 2 weeks and it hasn't been uploaded. I'm not sure if I should be concerned, but I'm pretty worried.
I'm in the same boat as you! It took them 16 days to upload my transcript when I sent it in though, and I sent my last LOR on March 5th, so I'm crossing my fingers that it will show as complete tomorrow, if not I'll be sending them an email to make sure.

You can try to call the Consortium and see if they received your material. They sort everything based on the day the package was received so if you can have the specific day your letter was delivered, it's easier for them and you can have the answer right there on the phone. I think they are very behind in uploading documents, considering they just extend the deadline and all.

Anyone have any luck at all with email responses from the consortium, since phone calls aren't really working out for any of us since the website went down?

Hi All!
been following the thread and just decided to be a part of the conversation!
I also had an interview with UCI, good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have any luck at all with email responses from the consortium, since phone calls aren't really working out for any of us since the website went down?
Nope. Haven't heard back and I called/emailed. I guess we're just gonna have to sit tight and hope it works out. Good luck everyone!

Has anyone tried to electronically send their official transcripts? My school takes 2 days just to process the request!!

Has anyone tried to electronically send their official transcripts? My school takes 2 days just to process the request!!
I'm thinking of just driving to Davis and dropping off the transcript at their office.

I'm in the same boat as you! It took them 16 days to upload my transcript when I sent it in though, and I sent my last LOR on March 5th, so I'm crossing my fingers that it will show as complete tomorrow, if not I'll be sending them an email to make sure.

You can try to call the Consortium and see if they received your material. They sort everything based on the day the package was received so if you can have the specific day your letter was delivered, it's easier for them and you can have the answer right there on the phone. I think they are very behind in uploading documents, considering they just extend the deadline and all.

They just uploaded them! Guess it really was just time. :)

I'm thinking of just driving to Davis and dropping off the transcript at their office.
I'm not sure if that is actually accepted. I would call and ask first because on their FAQ page, it says "Transcripts are accepted only via mail delivery to the central office, address given in the instructions." I just called and they said they do accept via email from the school.

I'm not sure if that is actually accepted. I would call and ask first because on their FAQ page, it says "Transcripts are accepted only via mail delivery to the central office, address given in the instructions." I just called and they said they do accept via email from the school.
I've tried calling, but Mary didn't pick up and would have left a message, but her mailbox was full :(

My application just got marked complete.

I sent in my final LOR and transcript on March 5th with next day mail and tracking and I got a notification that they received it on the 6th. It was filed today March 21st.

Does anyone know if Irvine has be active with sending out interview invites? Seems like everything was on hold due to the maintenance issue.

I don't think you can do that since official transcript must be sent directly from the school. Just ask for the confirmation from you school stating that your transcript was delivered.

Submitted my application today and everything got marked complete! I had to call the office because I sent in my transcript since 2/22 and the LORs was delivered on 3/16. All they ask for was my name and they said they would look for it. So I guess calling the office does help speed things up. Good luck everybody!!

Reactions: 2 users
I don't think you can do that since official transcript must be sent directly from the school. Just ask for the confirmation from you school stating that your transcript was delivered.
I just ended up overnighting the stuff and they said it should be there before noon tomorrow.

Done with the interview now here come the most anxious two weeks of my life !!

Just an FYI for those who interviewed at UCI, they said we can expect to hear back in 2-4 weeks after our interview date.

Does anyone know if UCR/UCD/UCSF started sending out invitations to interview? This waiting game is killing me!!

I submitted my letter of recs about a month ago through interfolio and they still haven't been uploaded yet. With the application deadline just now passing does that mean they won't look at my application or due to the server downtime are they still scrambling to upload material?

I submitted my letter of recs about a month ago through interfolio and they still haven't been uploaded yet. With the application deadline just now passing does that mean they won't look at my application or due to the server downtime are they still scrambling to upload material?
I would call UC Davis Consortium.

My letters were not uploaded after a month so I spoke to Mary and she told me to reupload. As of yesterday she said that they had completed going through anything that had been postmarked up to March 15, 2018, so it's possible they got lost in the mail like mine. Also she said the deadline is Midnight tonight (I know the FAQ says noon). But your best bet would be to call the Consortium and get it worked out!

My application was marked complete today. Woo!! ** Fingers crossed for ucsf!!!**

I would call UC Davis Consortium.

My letters were not uploaded after a month so I spoke to Mary and she told me to reupload. As of yesterday she said that they had completed going through anything that had been postmarked up to March 15, 2018, so it's possible they got lost in the mail like mine. Also she said the deadline is Midnight tonight (I know the FAQ says noon). But your best bet would be to call the Consortium and get it worked out!
Guess I just needed to wait a little bit. Everything was marked as received and application is complete. Now just hoping for the best. Best of luck to everyone else, let's rock this **** and get into med school in a year's time!

I sent in all my supporting material last November but just completed my application 2 days ago. I hope that doesn't create a problem as far as connecting the two together

Anyone know of any interview notifications aside from the first round from UC Irvine?

I sent in all my supporting material last November but just completed my application 2 days ago. I hope that doesn't create a problem as far as connecting the two together
I sent in all my stuff late Feb and submitted my application on the deadline date. A few hours after submission I was marked complete with a receipt date of 3/23/18 on all my materials. Seems like they hold onto them and then assign once they actually get your app.

Bottom line... If you have submitted and do not see any dates for your LORs, transcripts, etc then I would definitely contact the Consortium via telephone or e-mail them. It means they haven't received the materials or haven't linked them to your application likely because of the discrepancy between when you sent them and when you turned in the app. Good luck!

anyone having trouble logging onto their application? I keep getting "error in email text" even though it's the same email that I've been using these past few months of applying :(

anyone having trouble logging onto their application? I keep getting "error in email text" even though it's the same email that I've been using these past few months of applying :(

I just logged in without an issue. They did just change password criteria, but that shouldn't go into effect until the 29th and shouldn't mess with your e-mail account. You may want to try re-setting your PW just to ensure the e-mail comes through to the right account or contacting the office.

Has anyone heard back from any schools yet on interviews or admission?