UC & CSU MA & MS Psych problems admitting April 1st & later

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OpenPalm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Maybe it's just that my results after interviews haven't been so great so far, but I would like to keep some options open in case I don't get into any PsyD programs. I don't know what the likelihood of that is, but it never hurts to prepare for contingencies. I originally thought that I would get into a program given the amount of interviews I received and so I didn't apply for any masters. My last school gives out acceptances up to April 1st and I hope to at least know something before sending out these apps.

I would like to keep costs down a bit, so I would like to apply to UC & CSU programs that will give me a good chance for a Clinical Psychology PhD or PsyD after graduating from there. I know Cal State Los Angeles has an M.A. program that takes students up to April 10th and while I would like to have the ability to be licensed as an MFT in a worst case scenario and more clinical experience in my program, it will do if no other choices remain. Any other MA & MS programs that meet my needs will be a good help, so I'm hoping you guys will help me out. I have a really good Psychology GPA & GRE score and both research and clinical experience, so I should be able to get into a good amount of programs unless I've just been interviewing that poorly.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so because I like to take things into my own hands, I just did all of the searching. These are my results:

Cal State LA has an application due Apr 10th
Cal State Pomona Apr 1st
Cal State Fresno has a spring option Oct 31st
Sacramento State has a spring option but no date has been released yet

I don't think there are any more places that I can apply for fall 2010 but if anyone knows places that have Spring 2011 admissions, please let me know and post here. Thanks everyone :D

Thanks for posting your findings...I'm currently in the process of trying to find a master's program after being rejected to ph.d. programs this year. I'm finding that almost all of their deadlines have passed, guess I should have planned this better beforehand!