Apr 16, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I'm torn between going to UC Davis (with regents and honors) or UCLA for premed. I think I've pretty much set my sights on Davis because of the perks they've given me, and I hear the undergrad school prestige doesn't really matter as much as MCAT, EC's, and GPA? I'm just torn because UCLA is my dream school, but ultimately I want to go to UCLA/UCSF med school and if I need to hold off on that for now I am willing to do that. Davis is giving me smaller classes (easier to get rec letters), priority registration, money, and more research opportunities, and I think if I go there I am much more likely to get a better GPA (not saying it is easy, but no doubt I think it will be easier). However, I was wondering if anyone could speak for UCLA premed competition or if they have any strong opinion on why I should pick UCLA instead. That, or reassurance that I am making the right decision is appreciated as well!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.