UC Davis Regents or UCLA

alwaysconflicted

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm torn between going to UC Davis (with regents and honors) or UCLA for premed. I think I've pretty much set my sights on Davis because of the perks they've given me, and I hear the undergrad school prestige doesn't really matter as much as MCAT, EC's, and GPA? I'm just torn because UCLA is my dream school, but ultimately I want to go to UCLA/UCSF med school and if I need to hold off on that for now I am willing to do that. Davis is giving me smaller classes (easier to get rec letters), priority registration, money, and more research opportunities, and I think if I go there I am much more likely to get a better GPA (not saying it is easy, but no doubt I think it will be easier). However, I was wondering if anyone could speak for UCLA premed competition or if they have any strong opinion on why I should pick UCLA instead. That, or reassurance that I am making the right decision is appreciated as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Go to UC Davis. Those perks sound like they are worth it. Don't underestimate the value of priority registration; you can more easily dodge bad professors.