UC Davis Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KatieJune

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the UC Davis secondary and can tell me how many recommendations they require? I have to wait 48 hrs to access the online secondary. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

here's what they say:

Letters of Recommendation: Letters from your college Pre-medical Advisory Committee or a college letter service are preferred. You may disregard the waiver forms if a committee or letter service is available. If your college does not have such a committee, appropriate letter writers include science/non-science instructors, employers, community service agency directors/coordinators, and faculty members supervising undergraduate/graduate research experience. No more than THREE letters of recommendation will be accepted. Please indicate in this application which letters we can expect.

Hi,
I still haven't received a secondary from UC Davis. :(
When and how did you get your request and since when did they have your AMCAS & UC apps?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Application Status:

Application received from Amcas on 8/14/2002

Secondary material requested on 9/3/2002 (one month deadline) via email

They say they only want three letters, but if your school has a letter service, you can send them your entire file.

did you access it yet? the essay ?s are on my webpage (specifically: http://home.attbi.com/~deborah022/2ary/UCDavis.html )
there is also more to the 2ary like filling out hours of ECs and specific stuff. it'll take a couple of minutes. not too bad. congrats on getting the 2ary

thanks everyone! yes, now I can access it - I was just impatient!

My AMCAS was received on 8/29/02 and they sent my secondary on 10/10/02

help! i'm trying to do my secondary and am wondering about the hours of involvement you have to check for this section. are they talking about hours involved in up until now? or do they want you to project future hours into your estimate? they say they are comparing it w/ amcas which let you put future activities. hmmm.... i started putting the hours until now, but i'm confused...

Hi Lola.

When I filled mine out, I put the hours up until now. Hope that helps... :)

thanks. i think i'll do the same :)

i have a question, too.
There is a part that asks whether you are employed in each academic year. If i started working on a job around the end of my freshman year and worked through sophomore year and eventually ended working there at the beginning of my junior year, should i still say that I was working there in my freshman and/or junior year? or should i just say that i worked there in my sophomore year?

the thing is that it's hard to decide what to say when employment status changes DURING one academic year....

plz advise. Thank you.

I don't think its that important...I would just say that I worked all of sophomore year and some of junior year. You can explain any discrepancies in the interview. Just be honest. :)