You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UC Davis
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
So negative, the dean I had told me losing my two dads and that making me want to improve rural healthcare isnt what he wants to talk about basically lolWhat was the dean session like? not asking for specific Q's obviously but was were the vibes?
Ziriyab
Full Member
WTF, that's so rude. Is he homophobic? That actually makes me look at this institution differently.So negative, the dean I had told me losing my two dads and that making me want to improve rural healthcare isnt what he wants to talk about basically lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
To add context, I have a mom lol My biological dad died when I was 10 and my stepdad at 17. Regardless It left a very sour taste in my mouth. However, my poor experience I don't believe is a reflection of the university. We all have bad days, and I think he may have just wanted to avoid the "dying relative" cliche. He could have done it much better thoughWTF, that's so rude. Is he homophobic? That actually makes me look at this institution differently.
purple3081
Full Member
I would definitely make note of it in the post interview surveyTo add context, I have a mom lol My biological dad died when I was 10 and my stepdad at 17. Regardless It left a very sour taste in my mouth. However, my poor experience I don't believe is a reflection of the university. We all have bad days, and I think he may have just wanted to avoid the "dying relative" cliche. He could have done it much better though
Ziriyab
Full Member
Nevertheless, that's still horrible. It must be infuriating to have your passion for medicine reduced to a cliche topic. Maybe he had a bad day, but personally, I would hold him to a higher standard.To add context, I have a mom lol My biological dad died when I was 10 and my stepdad at 17. Regardless It left a very sour taste in my mouth. However, my poor experience I don't believe is a reflection of the university. We all have bad days, and I think he may have just wanted to avoid the "dying relative" cliche. He could have done it much better though
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
I agree. However, my passion did get me into schools better suited for my goals.Nevertheless, that's still horrible. It must be infuriating to have your passion for medicine reduced to a cliche topic. Maybe he had a bad day, but personally, I would hold him to a higher standard.
D
deleted1193601
i have heard suchhh mixed opinions on the dean session lol both here and from friends who have interviewed. seems to be either really lovely or really awful. anyway thanks for feeding my curiosity! no II yet but rlly hoping since I'm an alum and loooove davis :')
I emailed the update letter - but got a response that they cant forward it to the Adcoms. so fingers crossed - hoping to get an IIDid you email them your update letter and did they accept it?
purple3081
Full Member
Do you think there’s any specific reason why the WL’d you? I’m super nervous that I might get WL’dI had an overall good conversation with my dean... still ended up on WL
tardigrademedstudent
New Member
For anyone who got an A, what do you guys recommend?! I'm so nervous for this interview 😭😭
Remember that there are multiple chances and one bad station won’t break you!For anyone who got an A, what do you guys recommend?! I'm so nervous for this interview 😭😭
I wish I would have concluded my answers to tie in back to medicine in a more meaningful way (i.e. why this is important for x population). Definitely think out loud
Mentally prepare for potential technical difficulties. If something goes wrong, don't panic! Know it is not your fault and just keep going 🙂For anyone who got an A, what do you guys recommend?! I'm so nervous for this interview 😭😭
I would say similar, don't stress too much if you think you bomb a station. The questions are meant to confuse you and I left many of them thinking that my answer wasn't super great. You got this!For anyone who got an A, what do you guys recommend?! I'm so nervous for this interview 😭😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just finished my interview here today! everyone was so nice! praying for an A
Received invite for TEACH-MS on Friday 🙂Did anyone receive interview invite for the scholarly pathway programs?
Last edited:
Thanks! When did you had your regular MD interview?Received invited for TEACH-MS on Friday 🙂
Congrats! When did you had your regular MD interview?Received invited for TEACH-MS on Friday 🙂
Jan 10th 🙂Congrats! When did you had your regular MD interview?
does anyone know how late they interview, and whether they reject in waves or at the end of the cycle?
D
deleted1193601
idk about the second part of your question but I know current students who interviewed as late as mid-april. they tend to be slower than most schools!does anyone know how late they interview, and whether they reject in waves or at the end of the cycle?
upriiising
New Member
II earlier today! IS heavy ties to the area
Everyone who interviews gets the financial aid email.did anyone else get that financial aid email post interview, but no A yet?
purple3081
Full Member
Does anyone know is UCD has good WL movement?
I believe it has decent movement. Def not 100% bur maybe 25-50% get off.Does anyone know is UCD has good WL movement?
I heard that its decent from current students. But I'm wondering if cuts with federal funding will somehow indirectly affect admissions 😱Does anyone know is UCD has good WL movement?
purple3081
Full Member
I always wonder this but with like every school. I wonder if there will be less need based aidI heard that its decent from current students. But I'm wondering if cuts with federal funding will somehow indirectly affect admissions 😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tardigrademedstudent
New Member
Not sure for people who have been accepted (still waiting 🤞🏼) but they said 3 to 4 weeks.how long after the interview did they let you know of a decision? Also did you guys get a call first?
I believe that if you are accepted, you receive a call and if not, an email
ugh the wait is so long! When did you interview?Not sure for people who have been accepted (still waiting 🤞🏼) but they said 3 to 4 weeks.
I believe that if you are accepted, you receive a call and if not, an email
purple3081
Full Member
what time pacific standard time do they release acceptances
tardigrademedstudent
New Member
03/14 😭 wbu?ugh the wait is so long! When did you interview?
MDWANT2BEE
New Member
Does anyone know if accepting CHS offers via the applicant portal are binding or not?
thepremedprincess
New Member
can anyone provide insight on what the teach-ms interview will entail?
anyone who got the R or WL, do you feel like your interview didn't go well?
For those who got the A, did you feel really good about ur interview? did you have a gut feeling?
Felt like I had a good interview all around, got WL.anyone who got the R or WL, do you feel like your interview didn't go well?
purple3081
Full Member
Do you have close ties to the school or area?Felt like I had a good interview all around, got WL.
I’ve lived in NorCal for 20 years.Do you have close ties to the school or area?
Thought I may have bombed it (didn’t feel confident in more than 50% of the stations) but got accepted 😭For those who got the A, did you feel really good about ur interview? did you have a gut feeling?
Ziriyab
Full Member
I've had interviews where I bombed it and got an acceptance or waitlist. Then, I had a 9/10 interview and got rejected (thanks Charles Drew). I still think a good interview drastically increases your chances, but maybe we're not the best evaluators of our interview performance.Thought I may have bombed it (didn’t feel confident in more than 50% of the stations) but got accepted 😭
I am also a victim of Charles Drew. 🥸 but you’re so right, we may not be the best evaluatorsI've had interviews where I bombed it and got an acceptance or waitlist. Then, I had a 9/10 interview and got rejected (thanks Charles Drew). I still think a good interview drastically increases your chances, but maybe we're not the best evaluators of our interview performance.
purple3081
Full Member
Me too as a 2/28 interviewerThe wait is killlling me ugh, I am just praying for a call after my 3/14 interview 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 IS Pre-II R
pre II R
alhazenmanawi
Full Member
+1 IS pre-II R