UC Davis - "Ties to California is preferred for out-of-state and international applicants."

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yokiguz

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Canadian applying to schools next cycle and stumbled upon this on the MSAR from UC Davis.

How close does the ties need to be? I'd love to study and eventually work in California, I have lot's of family there and even did a summer volunteer internship at a lab at USC (Keck).

Would this be considered 'close ties' and how would I demonstrate that to the school?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a Canadian applying to schools next cycle and stumbled upon this on the MSAR from UC Davis.

How close does the ties need to be? I'd love to study and eventually work in California, I have lot's of family there and even did a summer volunteer internship at a lab at USC (Keck).

Would this be considered 'close ties' and how would I demonstrate that to the school?

Thank you.
The (rare) person who matriculates as OOS went to high school in CA.
For example there was only one OOS person who matriculated last year (out of 2200 OOS applicants).
Years go by without an international matriculant (though there was one last year, out of 362).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
The (rare) person who matriculates as OOS went to high school in CA.

Ah, I see. That is unfortunate for me. I have lots of family there and visit often. But I understand.

Thank you for the reply, will remove from my list, seems like a real long shot.

Reactions: 1 user