UC Irvine interview (PRIME-LC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ygiron

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just interviewed at UC Irvine on Feb 5th!!! Does anyone know how oftern the ADCOM meets??? Also if anyone has questions about the interview, ask me!!! I interviewed for the PRIME-LC Program as well!!! its friggin awesome program!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I just interviewed at UC Irvine on Feb 5th!!! Does anyone know how oftern the ADCOM meets??? Also if anyone has questions about the interview, ask me!!! I interviewed for the PRIME-LC Program as well!!! its friggin awesome program!!!

HEY me too!!! And I think I sat at your table! This is Cristina Cuevas... er... I was wearing an all-black skirt suit and I had my hair in a bun... during the icebreaker I said I liked to sew and I just learned how to snowboard... were you the guy who had like the best interview of his life and who talked about poetry with his interviewer and stuff? haha

YES THAT WAS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course I remember you!!!! I'm dying to find out how often the ADCOM meets..

Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome to SDN... I'm glad you just joined it now (after basically completing the interview stage) because these boards just reek anxiety and tension and it rubs off on everyone who reads them... lol. :> (Don't get me wrong, I'm just as addicted to this website as everyone else!! SDN: My anti-drug - a tiny bit more healthy to be addicted to. ;o)

Wasn't the UCI Liver Transplant Program shut down for unethical practices? Didn't UCI also have an incident about 10 years ago where a couple of doctors were removing oocytes from patients, without their knowledge, and using it for research. If I recall correctly, one of the physicians was out on bail, skipped to Argentina and is still a wanted fugitive :laugh:

Wasn't the UCI Liver Transplant Program shut down for unethical practices? Didn't UCI also have an incident about 10 years ago where a couple of doctors were removing oocytes from patients, without their knowledge, and using it for research. If I recall correctly, one of the physicians was out on bail, skipped to Argentina and is still a wanted fugitive :laugh:

you forgot to mention the incident with cadavers

True, there are a lot of problems here AND IN MANY OTHER MEDICAL SCHOOLS! This problem is not just at problem at UC Irvine or Charler R. Drew Univeristy of Medicine & Science (which has gotten a lot of attention lately), but a systemic problem in the United States medical system. According to the Institutes of Medicine and JAMA research study about 100,000 people die evrery year b/c of medical mistakes. Therefore its pretty narrow to make an argument against particular programs without seeing the overall systemic problem in the US. In Irvine's defense, they have many prorgrams and FREE clinics (Clinic Carino) in a medical underserved community (approx 2 million uninsured/underinsured residents) that is SAVING lives that otherwise would not be saved!!!! Their main Family Medicine clinic is located in one of these communities. I dont even want to get into what this school is doing internationally, you can look it up yourselves. Anyhow, I dont want to turn this thread into a debate, i just had a question about freq of ADCOM mettings. However, i will not shy away from honest debate....remember, 100,000 thousands deaths a year! Obviously not all of them at UC Irvine. Im sure a % of those are at the school of YOUR first choice!!!!!!!! LoL!:D