2023-2024 UC Irvine

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just had my interview here! It went well I think. My interviews were both around 40 minutes long, but that was because I asked a lot of questions and talked A LOT. My med student interviewer only had 2 questions for me and my faculty interviewer had like 3 or 4. Everyone was nice though!
 
does anyone know how uci feels about getting a letter of interest or letter of intent post II? do they view it in a positive way or is it just a waste of time
 
does anyone know how uci feels about getting a letter of interest or letter of intent post II? do they view it in a positive way or is it just a waste of time
negatively perhaps, the UCs say that LOIs confer an unfair advantage because there are people out there who don’t know about them. stupid logic imo, but I asked that question directly during a q&a with ALL the UC med school deans
 
Hi everyone!
Just doing a call-to-action to fill out the Recorded Video Interview survey to help future applicants. Since you have taken a Kira Talent interview (live or recorded), your input is especially desired.

 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has no one heard anything in a minute? I interviewed early Jan and expected to hear back by now (at least if it was an A) but perhaps i’m mistaken
 
Has no one heard anything in a minute? I interviewed early Jan and expected to hear back by now (at least if it was an A) but perhaps i’m mistaken
I interviewed in December and was told not to expect to hear back before the new year. still haven't heard any news from them yet.
 
I interviewed 2/15 and was told 1-3 months til a response. But 3 months would be 5/15 past the day to commit. I hope they send out some responses soon
 
I really hope UCI releases decision soon... I interviewed 1/18 and they said the earliest I can expect to hear back is 2 months.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do we know when their second look days are? It seems like they haven't sent out a lot of A's, so I'm confused about the timing
I think UCISOM has several 2nd look or Med Admit days as they call it. I’m pretty sure one of them already happened since I work on the school’s campus and saw it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same. They told us in the interview that they wouldn't hold decisions. So, considering that other people from later interview dates have already heard back (WL, R, A(?)), I'm not sure where I stand...
I'm not sure if anyone has gotten an A who interviewed recently (as in Jan onward)? Could also just not be reported though
 
plz pray for me. This is the last school that I interviewed at that I have yet to hear from. Everywhere else is a WL. Submitting a letter of intent. Interviewed 02/22. Good luck to everyone 🙂
🙏🏼 All the best. Someone mentioned sending LOI is worth if something significant like a publication or conference presentation happened since last communication. But no harm in sending one anyway - Go for it !