UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It depends. It seems from last year that it just depended on which schools did reviews first.

They do send out rejections according to their website. Latest for all news or notification is June 3rd. However the case or date might be different since they postponed due date by 3 weeks.
In the secondary application for UCSF I received, it had a statement saying that UCSF will have all decisions out by June 1st.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! Unfortunately, they did not send out information on the format. Just the date, time, and that it is through zoom

Good luck Pioleen, thanks for keeping us updated on your invites too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received a primary interview recently? I turned my application in early March but still no luck :(

Has anyone received a primary interview recently? I turned my application in early March but still no luck :(
My friend submitted late February and on March 21st, she received a primary interview for Davis.

UCSD postbac invite(s) were given out yesterday. Someone in one of my pre-med FB groups screenshotted their invite. Meanwhile I haven't received any word from them

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say that I am committing to UCSD for my post bacc! I will be dropping out of my interviews for UCD and UCI so anyone that is waitlisted can have their opportunity. Good luck to you guys!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say that I am committing to UCSD for my post bacc! I will be dropping out of my interviews for UCD and UCI so anyone that is waitlisted can have their opportunity. Good luck to you guys!

good luck with the journey ahead of you future doctor

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone!
I got UCD invitation for 2nd interview round! Does anyone remember the kind of questions they asked for this interview. It used to be in person but it is now via zoom.

Hello everyone!
I got UCD invitation for 2nd interview round! Does anyone remember the kind of questions they asked for this interview. It used to be in person but it is now via zoom.

Congrats, was it this morning you just got invited? Still waiting on mine, hoping for one this week :/

Hello everyone!
Congratulations and best of luck! From what I have heard and read, they ask the standard interview questions and really just want to gauge your participation in your activities/if you are a good fit for the cohort!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations and best of luck! From what I have heard and read, they ask the standard interview questions and really just want to gauge your participation in your activities/if you are a good fit for the cohort!
Thank
Thank you for the insight!!! I appreciate it

Hi everyone,
based on your experience what are my chances of being invited for an interview at this point if I submitted my app in early Feb.? Are they sending out rejections or is their way of rejecting not following up? I am referring to all of the UCs.

No I received the email last week. When did you do your first round interview?

Roughly a few weeks ago, they mentioned that they would get back to me "within a few weeks". All this waiting got me anxious LOL. You will do great, can you tell me the dates for the 2nd interviews if possible?

Hi everyone,
based on your experience what are my chances of being invited for an interview at this point if I submitted my app in early Feb.? Are they sending out rejections or is their way of rejecting not following up? I am referring to all of the UCs.

Honestly, it's been kind of unpredictable. The UC PB 2020 thread was able to rely on 2019's UC PB thread and their interview dates were very similar (if you look back on the threads and compare interview and rejection/acceptance dates, they are more or less at released at the same time) . This year, it's been all over the place. But the common theme within the threads was the earlier you submitted/completed, the faster you got an interview. Also, there was an extension on the application due date this year, so that could had played a role (obviously along with corona)

Hello everyone! I got notification of acceptance to UCSD's Postbacc on April 3rd! I just made the $500 deposit to hold my spot to for this cycle. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted. If you were placed in the wait list and don't get in, apply again next year if this is your number one choice. I applied last year and made the wait list, but the spots were filled at the end. To be fair, I don't think my interview went too well last year, but I turned it around this year. Anyway, Is anyone looking for a roommate(s)? I'm aiming to move to SD by mid-June. Let me know if you want to link up.

-Hector

Last edited:
officially rejected from UCSD PB, and their reason was because my application was not verified in a timely manner (verified by February). Only disappointed because my application wasn't even given a chance to be reviewed or looked at, so I have no idea if my application was good or not. And I gave them $150 for my application too, which they were still accepting after their due date. Yikes, lesson learned.

officially rejected from UCSD PB, and their reason was because my application was not verified in a timely manner (verified by February). Only disappointed because my application wasn't even given a chance to be reviewed or looked at, so I have no idea if my application was good or not. And I gave them $150 for my application too, which they were still accepting after their due date. Yikes, lesson learned.

That's horrible, if they're not going to consider applications after the deadline, they shouldn't accept the money. SMH

That's horrible, if they're not going to consider applications after the deadline, they shouldn't accept the money. SMH

Yeah, I was emailing the coordinator as well during that time. But oh well, it is what it is :). No one to blame but myself for not reading the dates clearly.

Has anyone heard back from Davis with an acceptance?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Hey All!

I was wondering if anyone has gotten an official rejection letter?
I'm just trying to gauge my chances.

Congrats to those who have had an invitation/acceptance!

Did you complete your secondary yet? Still waiting for one

I did complete my secondary and got an acceptance the next day. Stay hopeful! They are still pushing out secondary interviews. I got lucky because someone pulled out their secondary interview. They needed someone to fill that slot so they asked me last min if I could make it. she did say that they were gonna email me for a secondary interview next month but since someone pulled out they asked if I can do one sooner. I’m assuming you’ll get yours next month. If anyone else got an acceptance from Davis, fee free to DM me

I did complete my secondary and got an acceptance the next day. Stay hopeful! They are still pushing out secondary interviews. I got lucky because someone pulled out their secondary interview. They needed someone to fill that slot so they asked me last min if I could make it. she did say that they were gonna email me for a secondary interview next month but since someone pulled out they asked if I can do one sooner. I’m assuming you’ll get yours next month. If anyone else got an acceptance from Davis, fee free to DM me

It was probably Pioleen that dropped! But that's awesome, Im hoping to get one soon. The "few weeks" response is killing me, I can't help but get anxious lol

That was me that dropped lol. Glad to see it helped someone!

what was the format like! was it a group interview via zoom or a panel?

Wishing you good luck :)

Anyone hear back from UCLA? Anyone have an idea what their interview questions are? Do all the UCs have the same interview questions?

Anyone hear back from UCLA? Anyone have an idea what their interview questions are? Do all the UCs have the same interview questions?

I received an interview invite from UCLA yesterday, though I do not for sure what their interview questions will be. From the interview invite email the questions seem to be tailored towards just getting to know the applicants as a person. I interviewed at UCSF last year so if the questions are similar then I expect to be asked questions such as "Why do you want to go to medical school," "Why do you want to do a postbac," and "What will you offer to the program." I don't expect to be asked any MMI type of questions.

I got a rejection letter from UCI today as of 10:30 am PST :( it reads as follows:
Dear AppleGeekz,

On behalf of the Postbaccalaureate Program Admissions Committee at the UC Irvine School of Medicine, we would like to thank you for applying to the 2020-2021 Postbaccalaureate Program.

Your application has been carefully reviewed by the committee, and unfortunately, we must inform you that you were not selected for an interview with the UC Irvine School of Medicine Postbaccalaureate Program. This year we received a record number of qualified applicants but only a limited number of seats are available. Consequently, we cannot accommodate all the applicants who have applied to this program. It is our sincere wish that you will be successful in achieving your goals.

Sincerely,

Postbaccalaureate Program
UC Irvine School of Medicine

I got a rejection letter from UCI today as of 10:30 am PST :( it reads as follows:
Dear AppleGeekz,

On behalf of the Postbaccalaureate Program Admissions Committee at the UC Irvine School of Medicine, we would like to thank you for applying to the 2020-2021 Postbaccalaureate Program.

Your application has been carefully reviewed by the committee, and unfortunately, we must inform you that you were not selected for an interview with the UC Irvine School of Medicine Postbaccalaureate Program. This year we received a record number of qualified applicants but only a limited number of seats are available. Consequently, we cannot accommodate all the applicants who have applied to this program. It is our sincere wish that you will be successful in achieving your goals.

Sincerely,

Got mine too :(

Dear AppleGeekz,

Sincerely,

I wish you the best! I believe that just by trying and being a part of a forum shows you really care.

I have a questions for the others. Is anyone else in any part of the process?
I had done an online interview but no heard back for a couple of weeks.
Anyone else have not done the interview but not gotten a rejection? My friend in the process has gotten no invitations or rejections

Makes me really scared and worried about their decisions.

• Love
I wish you the best! I believe that just by trying and being a part of a forum shows you really care.

Anyone else have not done the interview but not gotten a rejection? My friend in the process has gotten no invitations or rejections

I completed my application early March and haven't received an interview or a rejection from UCD or UCI

Same here, did a primary with Davis a month ago and was told that I should expect a secondary in a few weeks. Haven't heard anything since. I didnt hear anything from UCI or UCSF though. The wait is killing me haha

Same here, did a primary with Davis a month ago and was told that I should expect a secondary in a few weeks. Haven't heard anything since. I didnt hear anything from UCI or UCSF though. The wait is killing me haha
Last year, did you get a notification roughly the same time as everyone else?

I agree, it is definitely in batches. It's clear that the earlier you submitted, the faster you would receive an interview. But if we compare the release/acceptance dates compared to last year's cohorts, the timing is not similar.

The application being extended and Corona virus definitely played a role in this unfortunately. But stay positive

For everyone that is getting their rejection letters from UCI don’t be discouraged.

I got waitlisted at UCSD, I have an interview with UCLA, acceptances at UCD and just received a rejection letter from UCI.

I’m glad I got a rejection from UCI. Though I heard the program has a lot to offer I’ve heard their interview style is unwelcoming from friends that have done an interview with them and that speaks a lot about the program.

So stay hopeful and don’t give up! And recognize your strengths and achievements! You have made it this far with your hard work and determination! your story and path matters!

Hi everyone, I was also rejected from UCI today but I have a primary interview with Davis on Wednesday. Any tips on how to prepare.

I also haven't heard anything from UCSF and UCR extended their due date to May 15.

For everyone that is getting their rejection letters from UCI don’t be discouraged.

I got waitlisted at UCSD, I have an interview with UCLA, acceptances at UCD and just received a rejection letter from UCI.

I’m glad I got a rejection from UCI. Though I heard the program has a lot to offer I’ve heard their interview style is unwelcoming from friends that have done an interview with them and that speaks a lot about the program.

So stay hopeful and don’t give up! And recognize your strengths and achievements! You have made it this far with your hard work and determination! your story and path matters!

I also heard that UCI's interview style is very unwelcoming from a friend who got an interview from them. Which makes me somewhat glad that they didn't accept me lol

App submitted & marked complete: 2/27
Interview Invitation: 3/24
Interview Date: 4/20

Hi everyone! Just finished up my interview with UCSF! I had some Zoom technical difficulties so I was 20 minutes late. BIG SUGGESTION: charge your phone before your interview. If you run into a problem like mine, message through the portal. I got a response immediately through there v. an email.

My laptop couldn't get access so I ended up having to interview through my phone! My interview was about 35 minutes with the director and one of the program coordinators.

Last edited:
Some insight on UCSF: they are only interviewing 30 people this year out of 325 applicants. I asked for one of my end-of-interview questions "what does UCSF want in a competitive applicant." Here was the director's response: applicant shows they are very committed to getting into medical school, already has volunteer experience with under-served communities, motivated to succeed, wants to work with under-served communities in the future.

Questions asked:
A few point blank ones (did you take class A, class B, do research, want to work in ___ communities)
Standard interview questions overall, but they definitely put a spin on their questions. Greatest strength, weakness, what you can contribute to the cohort, why medicine, and expect to explain everything on your app!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Some insight on UCSF: they are only interviewing 30 people this year out of 325 applicants. I asked for one of my end-of-interview questions "what does UCSF want in a competitive applicant." Here was the director's response: applicant shows they are very committed to getting into medical school, already has volunteer experience with under-served communities, motivated to succeed, wants to work with under-served communities in the future.

Questions asked:
A few point blank ones (did you take class A, class B, do research, want to work in ___ communities)
Standard interview questions overall, but they definitely put a spin on their questions. Greatest strength, weakness, what you can contribute to the cohort, why medicine, and expect to explain everything on your app!
Thanks for sharing! I wonder how many people they will interview.