UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know this doesn't relate to the UC consortium but I wanted to share that the UC Riverside postbacc has been extended to May 15! Just in case someone wanted to apply to it, you have a bit more time now and it wouldn't hurt to apply :) Good luck to everyone with their postbacc stuff rn and I hope the best for all of us!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 11.17.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 11.17.31 PM.png
    427.6 KB · Views: 134
I am new to SDN and this forum, but just wanted to share that I also received a rejection from UCI this morning :(
Still remaining hopeful to any news from UCD and UCSF!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my rejection email from UC Irvine today (same email that everyone received yesterday saying thanks for applying).

But I received my secondary today from Davis. No word from UCSF still.

Reactions: 1 users
I am new to SDN and this forum, but just wanted to share that I also received a rejection from UCI this morning :(
Still remaining hopeful to any news from UCD and UCSF!
When did you apply? I sent my app later (end of March) so I wonder if they're still interviewing at all :(

When did you apply? I sent my app later (end of March) so I wonder if they're still interviewing at all :(
My application was submitted and completed on the original deadline 3/11. I was waiting on a letter of recommendation and had a lot going on with school. TBH I am not sure if they are still interviewing, but you never know. Let's remain positive!

UCD and UCSF are still currently interviewing! UCSF started on Monday!

Also joining the UCI rejection list XD

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Rejected from UCI yesterday too :)

Hello everyone!

First off, I want to thank everyone here for sharing their experiences. I had been lurking this thread during my application/interview process and it was very helpful. I want to return the favor for everyone's help!

App submitted: 3/13/2020 (very late)
Marked complete: 3/23/2020 (the most stressful 10 days waiting for transcripts)

UCI invite: 3/31/2020
Interview complete: 4/16/2020
Notes on interview process:
-panel interview (director & program coordinator)
-questions were good (self-intro, underserved work, why medicine, why UCI post bacc, etc.)
-about 40mins total interview time
-Overall very positive experience. Interviewers were warm and inviting and really wanted to know how I was handling shelter-in-place orders in my personal life and how it was affecting my current work.

UCSF invite: 4/7/2020
Interview complete: 4/23/2020
-questions more challenging (I agree with previous post mentioning how UCSF spun it differently, but in essence, it's what you would expect for interview questions -- my biggest tip: be prepared to share all your ECs, why you did them, and what you learned/skills obtained)
-10mins intro about program overview from director
-about 45mins total interview time
-5 minutes Q/A
-Again, a very positive experience. I was a bit more nervous for this than my other interview, but tried to hold it in! Director took a great deal of time to describe the program in detail.
-When asked what they look for in a competitive applicant -- Someone who is ready to commit to the program, trust the process, and is motivated to put all their effort into the post bacc.

UCLA invite: 4/14/2020
Interview complete: 4/21/2020
-interviewed by current RAP student (program coordinator in the back taking notes)
-very short interview (~4 questions total: self-intro, MCAT experience, why UCLA, what do you want to accomplish)
-15mins total interview time
-Unfortunately, my interview began 15mins late. Once started, felt a bit rush by my interviewer, at times stopping me to let me know much time I had left. I didn't feel the best coming out of the interview since I wanted to tell them more about myself, but I am happy with what was presented.

I received my official invite from UCI yesterday and accepted today! I am still waiting to hear back from UCLA and UCSF, but UCI is high-priority for me since my partner will be starting medical school there in the fall. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to spend my future with her after doing long-distance on & off for the better part of 5 years.

These last two weeks for me have been a whirlwind, and I am glad that the dust is finally settling. I want to thank everyone here again for their input. Please let me know how I can help out!

Wishing everyone good health, safety, and the best of luck in this process! <3

Reactions: 7 users
Hi! Thanks for sharing your experience! I had my UCLA invite and interview the same days as you did, and also felt a bit rushed, as I didn't get to ask all my questions. Do you happen to know if there is going to be a second round of interviews or when we would hear back? Thanks! And congrats to your UCI acceptance!! That's wonderful!

Hello everyone!

First off, I want to thank everyone here for sharing their experiences. I had been lurking this thread during my application/interview process and it was very helpful. I want to return the favor for everyone's help!

-questions were good (self-intro, underserved work, why medicine, why UCI post bacc, etc.)
-Overall very positive experience. Interviewers were warm and inviting and really wanted to know how I was handling shelter-in-place orders in my personal life and how it was affecting my current work.

-questions more challenging (I agree with previous post mentioning how UCSF spun it differently, but in essence, it's what you would expect for interview questions -- my biggest tip: be prepared to share all your ECs, why you did them, and what you learned/skills obtained)
-5 minutes Q/A
-Again, a very positive experience. I was a bit more nervous for this than my other interview, but tried to hold it in! Director took a great deal of time to describe the program in detail.
-When asked what they look for in a competitive applicant -- Someone who is ready to commit to the program, trust the process, and is motivated to put all their effort into the post bacc.

-interviewed by current RAP student (program coordinator in the back taking notes)
-very short interview (~4 questions total: self-intro, MCAT experience, why UCLA, what do you want to accomplish)
-Unfortunately, my interview began 15mins late. Once started, felt a bit rush by my interviewer, at times stopping me to let me know much time I had left. I didn't feel the best coming out of the interview since I wanted to tell them more about myself, but I am happy with what was presented.

I received my official invite from UCI yesterday and accepted today! I am still waiting to hear back from UCLA and UCSF, but UCI is high-priority for me since my partner will be starting medical school there in the fall. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to spend my future with her after doing long-distance on & off for the better part of 5 years.

These last two weeks for me have been a whirlwind, and I am glad that the dust is finally settling. I want to thank everyone here again for their input. Please let me know how I can help out!

Hello everyone!

-5 minutes Q/A

Wow congrats that's awesome! Good luck to you with your journey to medicine

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Thanks for sharing your experience! I had my UCLA invite and interview the same days as you did, and also felt a bit rushed, as I didn't get to ask all my questions. Do you happen to know if there is going to be a second round of interviews or when we would hear back? Thanks! And congrats to your UCI acceptance!! That's wonderful!

Hey synapsefire,

When asked about timeline for response, my interviewer told me that "the program coordinator will reach out to you soon." And then my interview shortly ended after that. I did not receive a definitive answer.

Not entirely certain about 2nd round interviews either. But I will update everyone as I get answers!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Wow congrats that's awesome! Good luck to you with your journey to medicine
Thanks so much speakerknockerz! All the best to you.

Update re: UCI post bacc -- Summer Session courses are online d/t COVID-19.

Hello everyone!

-5 minutes Q/A

Congrats! Do you mind if I DM you about your stats?
Also, your pic and username are just fantastic

Congrats! Do you mind if I DM you about your stats?
Also, your pic and username are just fantastic
Thank you! And sure, happy to help! FYI -- I am free after work around 5PM PST so apologies in advance if I am not replying quickly.

Hello everyone!

I received UCD acceptance letter!

If anyone needs help/tips for the secondary interview at UCD pls message! Anything I can do to help.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone!

If anyone needs help/tips for the secondary interview at UCD pls message! Anything I can do to help.
Congrtaulations!! I'm excited for you! What was the date time frame between your primary and secondary interview?

Hello everyone!

Congratulations! I did too! HMU so we can get a group going

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 2 users
Congrtaulations!! I'm excited for you! What was the date time frame between your primary and secondary interview?
Thank you :). This was my second time applying. My primary interview: 3/10
Invitation for secondary interview: 4/3
Secondary interview: 4/8

Hello!

I have committed to the UCI postbacc program. This was my second time applying to the UC Consortium cycle and I would also love to help if anyone wants insight on what changes I made between cycles/feedback I received/ anything helpful :)

Reactions: 8 users
Hello!

I have committed to the UCI postbacc program. This was my second time applying to the UC Consortium cycle and I would also love to help if anyone wants insight on what changes I made between cycles/feedback I received/ anything helpful :)
Hello I would like some insight on those changes! This is my first cycle applying and will want to apply again next year.

Hello!

Hi, I would also love to hear your insight! Thank you :)

Hello!

Can you share what feedback you received or what changes you made that led to an acceptance this round?

I know this doesn't relate to the UC consortium but I wanted to share that the UC Riverside postbacc has been extended to May 15! Just in case someone wanted to apply to it, you have a bit more time now and it wouldn't hurt to apply :) Good luck to everyone with their postbacc stuff rn and I hope the best for all of us!

I currently go to UCD, and am from Norcal. I remember reading that they prioritize students from the LA area. Do you think it would be worth to apply still? Thank you for sharing!

Hello!

Would love some insight as well!!! Please and thank you. No rush!

I currently go to UCD, and am from Norcal. I remember reading that they prioritize students from the LA area. Do you think it would be worth to apply still? Thank you for sharing!
Hi, to be clear, they prioritize students from the Inland Empire/San Bernardino Area. This includes San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. They don't prioritize LA/LA area.

Hello everyone!

People that have accepted UCD do you guys know if there’s a Facebook group with this years cohort? I’d love to join.

Hi, to be clear, they prioritize students from the Inland Empire/San Bernardino Area. This includes San Bernardino and Riverside Counties. They don't prioritize LA/LA area.
Sorry about that! Clearly I'm not from the area haha. Thank you for the correction.

Heyooo,

Would love to hear peoples thoughts between UCSF and UCD. Which one would you choose and what are the reasons?

Are people still receiving interview invites? At this point I have only received a rejection from UCI and haven't heard from anywhere else. Should I jsut assume I won't be getting one? Thanks, and congrats to everyone who has received acceptances!

Are people still receiving interview invites? At this point I have only received a rejection from UCI and haven't heard from anywhere else. Should I jsut assume I won't be getting one? Thanks, and congrats to everyone who has received acceptances!
I am also in the same situation as you :(

Judging from last year's forum, UCSF has two waves of interviews after re-applicants submit and UCD usually interviews until June. Today was the day last year the UCSF program sent out some acceptances and rejections! So keep the faith!

Last edited:
I love this thread because I feel less alone! I interviewed with UCSF on Monday and they told me we'd hear back today or next Friday. I was rejected from UCI, and I haven't heard anything from UCD.

I love this thread because I feel less alone! I interviewed with UCSF on Monday and they told me we'd hear back today or next Friday. I was rejected from UCI, and I haven't heard anything from UCD.

Congrats on the interview with UCSF! Good luck to you!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the exact same boat! The nerves are getting to me!

I have an interview with UCSF this Thursday and I am incredibly nervous. Got rejected from UCI on April 22nd. Still haven't heard back from UCD- (I am lowkey expecting a rejection at this point... it is May)

Hello!

Hello, I would also love to hear what changes you made between the two cycles. This is my first year applying :)

I have an interview with UCSF this Thursday and I am incredibly nervous. Got rejected from UCI on April 22nd. Still haven't heard back from UCD- (I am lowkey expecting a rejection at this point... it is May)
When were you emailed about an interview?

Did anyone who applied to UCSF just get an email from the coordinators about MCAT registration?

Also UCSF will be announcing decisions next Friday, 5/15 or early the following week.

Last edited:
Did anyone who applied to UCSF just get an email from the coordinators about MCAT registration?

Also UCSF will be announcing decisions next Friday, 5/15 or early the following week.
I got the e-mail! I'm not sure if I am able to sign up for it.. do you think this hinders acceptance to the program?