You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCD Dublin Graduate Entry 2027
Started by ali9280
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi! When do
Hey! When does UCD start inviting students for interviews? I have not heard from them in so long!Didn't see a thread for UCD for class of 2027 so I decided to make one. I am originally from Dublin but now live in the US! 🙂
So it looks like interview invites came out from late November to mid-December last year. And some people were also automatically accepted into the program without an interview. The admission offers came out around February. Right now my application portal says that my application and documents have been reviewed. It's also my first time applying so fingers crossed!Hi! When do
Hey! When does UCD start inviting students for interviews? I have not heard from them in so long!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Priya Ranjan
Full Member
I also applied to Dublin! I'm from Canada. My application currently says "submitted" so I guess they haven't reviewed it yet. I've asked around and I heard some people get acceptances around December without an interview.
How has your first year been at UCD? And any tips for the interview?They do things very slowly and release things little by little. I think that I got my interview invite last year in November and offer in the end of February. I am now a first year grad entry.
First year has overall been good so far. There are a lot of cultural differences between the North American and Irish academic systems that can be a bit frustrating. But overall, I am happy with my choice. In terms of the interview, it was very laid back. I only applied to 2 schools (and had 2 interviews), so I do not have a huge point of comparison. However, it really was a lot like a friendly conversation where they really wanted to learn about me and be sure that I knew what I was going to be getting into.How has your first year been at UCD? And any tips for the interview?
Priya Ranjan
Full Member
I was also offered an interview! Mine is January 9th in New YorkI was just offered an interview January 5th in New York! Anyone else??
Same!! Congratulations 🙂I was just offered an interview January 5th in New York! Anyone else??
Futurevet77
Full Member
My ucd supplemental application still says submitted and complete. Anyone else still have it like that?
Yeah mine says the sameMy ucd supplemental application still says submitted and complete. Anyone else still have it like that?
Courtney.n
New Member
Me too!I was also offered an interview! Mine is January 9th in New York
Did you receive an email or you check your application portal?Me too!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine said that and now it says “further review”My application status now says “application complete & documents reviewed”. Anyone else???
Congratulations! I am assuming you live on the west coast? I am still anxiously waiting for any updates from them!😖Just got an interview invite in San Francisco😊
Thanks! Yes I live in CaliforniaCongratulations! I am assuming you live on the west coast? I am still anxiously waiting for any updates from them!😖
Just got an interview invite for 5th of January in NYC. Anyone else got the same?
Courtney.n
New Member
It was an email!Did you receive an email or you check your application portal?
Yes! I am from Canada. Mine says "reviewed" thoughMy ucd supplemental application still says submitted and complete. Anyone else still have it like that?
Futurevet77
Full Member
I just checked and my application now says aplication complete and documents reviewed. Anyone know how long after it changed to that that they heard about an interview?
Hi everyone! I just found this thread. I received my interview invite on Monday in NYC for January 10th!
It can be anywhere from a week or two to over a month. They do it piecemeal.I just checked and my application now says aplication complete and documents reviewed. Anyone know how long after it changed to that that they heard about an interview?
Just checked my portal it says 'Further Review' Fingers crossed.
Just checked mine and says the same 🤞Just checked my portal it says 'Further Review' Fingers crossed.
Hi everyone! I am from Canada. I applied directly on the website. My application status says "Further Review."
My understanding is that they review the VMCAS ones first.Hi everyone! I am from Canada. I applied directly on the website. My application status says "Further Review."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
daniella.diaz2020
Full Member
I just received an interview for January in New York.
Futurevet77
Full Member
Mine still says application submitted and documents reviewed 🙁
daniella.diaz2020
Full Member
My application status was like that for about 2 weeks and half. It turned about a week ago to “further review” and they reached out today. Give them a couple more weeks I’m sure they’ll reach out soon!Mine still says application submitted and documents reviewed 🙁
DVMHopeful2027
Full Member
Hey all, I was given a conditional offer on 12/9 but just got around to creating an SDN account today. Are there any good resources for gaining more information about UCD Dublin or the area in general? Thanks!
I am a 1st year and am happy to help if you have questions.Hey all, I was given a conditional offer on 12/9 but just got around to creating an SDN account today. Are there any good resources for gaining more information about UCD Dublin or the area in general? Thanks!
I received an emailDid you receive an email or you check your application portal?
Futurevet77
Full Member
Does anyone know if UCD stopped sending out interview invites?
I sent them an email yesterday asking about their timeline for interviews, acceptances, waitlists and any updates on my application status. My application still says completed so hopefully they can give me an update because I haven’t heard anything from them yet.Does anyone know if UCD stopped sending out interview invites?
Same with me. I had a problem with sending my VMCAS though, but I emailed probably 2 weeks ago and havent heard back 🙁I sent them an email yesterday asking about their timeline for interviews, acceptances, waitlists and any updates on my application status. My application still says completed so hopefully they can give me an update because I haven’t heard anything from them yet.
Futurevet77
Full Member
Mine says complete too :/ im hoping they maybe look at them in waves. If you hear anything back let me know!!I sent them an email yesterday asking about their timeline for interviews, acceptances, waitlists and any updates on my application status. My application still says completed so hopefully they can give me an update because I haven’t heard anything from them yet.
Hi everyone! I have an update from the email I sent UCD, hopefully this will calm some nerves about the silence from them 😆 They told me “UCD will contact short-listed applicants in January to schedule an interview with the School of Veterinary Medicine. If you are short-listed, you will receive an email by the end of January with possible interview slots. If your application was unsuccessful, you will receive a "No Offer" decision around that time.”
So looks like all decisions have not been sent out yet. Their timeline is a bit weird but don’t lose hope yet!!
So looks like all decisions have not been sent out yet. Their timeline is a bit weird but don’t lose hope yet!!
Futurevet77
Full Member
That’s definitely a relief, thanks for the update!Hi everyone! I have an update from the email I sent UCD, hopefully this will calm some nerves about the silence from them 😆 They told me “UCD will contact short-listed applicants in January to schedule an interview with the School of Veterinary Medicine. If you are short-listed, you will receive an email by the end of January with possible interview slots. If your application was unsuccessful, you will receive a "No Offer" decision around that time.”
So looks like all decisions have not been sent out yet. Their timeline is a bit weird but don’t lose hope yet!!
Has anyone stilll not heard from UCD? My application status still stays further review.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Courtney.n
New Member
For anyone who interviews today, good luck and let us know how it goes!!!
vahidehr
New Member
Didn't see a thread for UCD for class of 2027 so I decided to make one. I am originally from Dublin but now live in the US! 🙂
Hi, I am a veterinarian graduated from a non-EU and non-American university. I would like to apply for license accreditation program in UCD. Does anyone know about it? I want to know how many exams are included in the program? How often are the exams? I couldn’t find any information at university website.Didn't see a thread for UCD for class of 2027 so I decided to make one. I am originally from Dublin but now live in the US! 🙂
Is there any last-year vet student here who could help me please?
I emailed them this morning. It's been radio silence for me....no rejection, no invitation.
The school was closed until 4 January. It is now very slow until we return to school on 23 January.I emailed them this morning. It's been radio silence for me....no rejection, no invitation.