UCD Dublin Graduate Entry 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied for the 4 year and had an interview in San Francisco on the 11th of January and my application status still says interview. I am getting a little nervous as today would be the 7-week mark! Is anyone else in the same boat??
Same boat here! I interviewed in NY on Jan 6 and still no word. I emailed asking them and they advised the same thing. We will know in a few weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I can only imagine I have been rejected :(. I haven't been invited for an interview and my status has been in "further review" for months.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can only imagine I have been rejected :(. I haven't been invited for an interview and my status has been in "further review" for months.
I’m sorry. Similar here. I interviewed and never heard anything. I’m preparing for next round assuming that I didn’t make it this time. 😭 Don’t give up! Keep trying!

Reactions: 1 users
I just sent an email this morning for an update and expected date to hear back. I’ll post when I hear back!

Reactions: 2 users
I just heard back. They stated they are doing 1 more round of interviews and after that, we should have an update which will be in a couple of weeks. 😩 so we just have to wait it out a little longer guys!!

Reactions: 2 users
I just heard back. They stated they are doing 1 more round of interviews and after that, we should have an update which will be in a couple of weeks. 😩 so we just have to wait it out a little longer guys!!
Thanks for the update! Im assuming for the last round of interviews they still need to send invites out for them?

Thanks for the update! Im assuming for the last round of interviews they still need to send invites out for them?
I’m not sure, I’ll attach email with exact wording down below.

Attachments

• FD3A7324-595A-4089-9DA2-CA9FFF70FE21.jpeg
    FD3A7324-595A-4089-9DA2-CA9FFF70FE21.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 124
Do you think they might mean they’re doing interviews for domestic applicants right now? And then based on the number of people they accept from that pool, they might send out international students more offers?

Do you think they might mean they’re doing interviews for domestic applicants right now? And then based on the number of people they accept from that pool, they might send out international students more offers?
They do not interview Irish students. They accept a fixed number based on their leaving certs (high school exit exam).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything back yet? 🤔😐
I never got anything. My status still says interview. I think it’s safe to assume it’s a no. I am planning my next round of applications.

Hey everyone! I got an offer letter back end of December! It was my first response from any school and I was over the moon. I just need to finish two classes by July, graduate, and then I'm official.
Weirdly, I never got an interview, even though I was interviewed by all the veterinary schools in London, Edinburgh, and Glasgow. I got a few acceptances in the US, but Ireland is way cheaper, so right now UCD is my top choice. I do admit I've only been in Ireland once as a child, so this is going to be quite a change for me.
My biggest concern is living situation, I was warned its hard to find pet friendly apartments near Dublin. I am bringing 15yr old 10kg mini husky and my cat. Since I'm in the US, its hard for me to visit to examine apartment options, so going to try and visit around mid august to start looking. Any current students have any pointers I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey everyone! I got an offer letter back end of December! It was my first response from any school and I was over the moon. I just need to finish two classes by July, graduate, and then I'm official.
Weirdly, I never got an interview, even though I was interviewed by all the veterinary schools in London, Edinburgh, and Glasgow. I got a few acceptances in the US, but Ireland is way cheaper, so right now UCD is my top choice. I do admit I've only been in Ireland once as a child, so this is going to be quite a change for me.
My biggest concern is living situation, I was warned its hard to find pet friendly apartments near Dublin. I am bringing 15yr old 10kg mini husky and my cat. Since I'm in the US, its hard for me to visit to examine apartment options, so going to try and visit around mid august to start looking. Any current students have any pointers I would greatly appreciate it.
Try Daft.ie. With the insane rental market, it is best to write up a statement promoting yourself to send when you inquire about an apartment. Typically, when someone posts a rental, they get at least a hundred responses the first day. You need to set yourself apart. Definitely start looking early.

Hey another question for current UCDublin students, I was given an offer because I'm 2 classes shy of graduation. They told me to be done by July, which I will be, but my undergraduate school is stating they refuse to release my official "graduated" record until end of summer semester which could be early august. Does anyone know if they still were allowed to attend if they showed proof of final transcript, but don't have diploma in hand yet?

I just received an email saying I have reserve status! Does anyone know more about what this means/ the process?

Hey another question for current UCDublin students, I was given an offer because I'm 2 classes shy of graduation. They told me to be done by July, which I will be, but my undergraduate school is stating they refuse to release my official "graduated" record until end of summer semester which could be early august. Does anyone know if they still were allowed to attend if they showed proof of final transcript, but don't have diploma in hand yet?
I would definitely email Trish about that. However, they are super laid back (sometimes a bit too much so). I would be surprised if it was a problem, but definitely check. You would not start until September (1st or 2nd week), so you would have it before then.

Has anyone applying to the undergrad program heard anything? I interviewed over a month ago.:cryi::cryi:

Has anyone applying to the undergrad program heard anything? I interviewed over a month ago.:cryi::cryi:
I did. I interviewed January 10th and heard back on Monday, it says my application is getting put on reserve. It is unlikely that it will move from that position before the April 15th deadline. They are reviewing all the “reserve” candidates next week and then will need to see how many are accepting their offer before making any new offers.

I did. I interviewed January 10th and heard back on Monday, it says my application is getting put on reserve. It is unlikely that it will move from that position before the April 15th deadline. They are reviewing all the “reserve” candidates next week and then will need to see how many are accepting their offer before making any new offers.
thank you so much for letting me know! Did you apply to the VTS1 ? How did you get the information about the deadline?

thank you so much for letting me know! Did you apply to the VTS1 ? How did you get the information about the deadline?
I got an email when my application status was changed and if that’s the 4 year then yes.

I got an email when my application status was changed and if that’s the 4 year then yes.
VTS1 is the 5 year undergrad program. I think the 4 year is called VTS3. But regardless thank you for letting me know that gives me hope that they are still considering the VTS1 applicants.

Hi everyone I just got put on "reserve" for the undergraduate program. Does anyone know anything about this? Do many reserve-status people get accepted in the end?

Just declined my offer as I will be going to my IS school. Good luck to everyone on the reserve list!

I would definitely email Trish about that. However, they are super laid back (sometimes a bit too much so). I would be surprised if it was a problem, but definitely check. You would not start until September (1st or 2nd week), so you would have it before then.
What do you mean by sometimes a bit too much so?

Hi everyone I just got put on "reserve" for the undergraduate program. Does anyone know anything about this? Do many reserve-status people get accepted in the end?
I just stopped into the office and asked Trish about this for you today. She said that she will write up an email explaining the specifics of the reserve list and what to expect (including when you will be made aware of your ranking on the list). She should have sent that out today (it is evening here).

What do you mean by sometimes a bit too much so?
In the US, we tend to like to know what to predict (when exams will be, what classes we are having when...). Here, it is just a little more "go with the flow". Next week is the last week of classes for the semester, and we got our final exam schedule about 3 weeks ago. Many people waited for the schedule before booking flights home for the summer, so there was a bit of scrambling involved. It is not that one way of being is better than the other, it is just having to learn to shut down the Type-A personality and go with the flow (which is probably better for me in the long run).

Last edited:
I just stopped into the office and asked Trish about this for you today. She said that she will write up an email explaining the specifics of the reserve list and what to expect (including when you will be made aware of your ranking on the list). She should have sent that out today (it is evening here).
Thank you so much!! I really appreciate you asking, them, I sent them an email on Friday asking about what reserve status means but got no response. I haven't gotten any update emails but I'll keep my eyes open. Do you think she will send the email out soon?

In the US, we tend to like to know what to predict (when exams will be, what classes we are having when...). Here, it is just a little more "go with the flow". Next week is the last week of classes for the semester, and we got our final exam schedule about 3 weeks ago. Many people waited for the schedule before booking flights home for the summer, so there was a bit of scrambling involved. It is not that one way of being is better than the other, it is just having to learn to shut down the Type-A personality and go with the flow (which is probably better for me in the long run).
Ahh I see. Thanks for clarifying. How long do you go home for in the summers?

Ahh I see. Thanks for clarifying. How long do you go home for in the summers?
I will be home for a little over 3 months. We finish May 18 and start again in the second week of September. However, most of us will be doing 4 or more weeks of our animal handling requirements over the summer. I will be doing 6 weeks of those requirements in California.

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate you asking, them, I sent them an email on Friday asking about what reserve status means but got no response. I haven't gotten any update emails but I'll keep my eyes open. Do you think she will send the email out soon?
She told me that she was planning on sending it today. I am sure that something came up and she will get it out tomorrow.

I've decided not to attend UCD so I hope someone gets pulled from the waitlist/reserve!! Good luck everyone!!!

Has anyone on the reserve list gotten an offer yet?
No Im on the VST1 reserve list and I haven't been offered. Have you emailed to ask where you rank on the reserve list? I asked and they said they will be coming out with more stuff soon about offers.

No Im on the VST1 reserve list and I haven't been offered. Have you emailed to ask where you rank on the reserve list? I asked and they said they will be coming out with more stuff soon about offers.
No I haven’t. I’m on the VST3 list but haven’t heard anything since was but on the reserve list over 2 weeks ago.

I also withdrew my application as I’ve accepted elsewhere. I would email them as they seem pretty responsive to emails to see your ranking

I also withdrew my application as I’ve accepted elsewhere. I would email them as they seem pretty responsive to emails to see your ranking
Did you withdraw from the undergraduate 5 yr program or the 4yr graduate program?

Has anyone received an email yet about how the reserve list works or their place? I still haven’t received any info on the process.

Has anyone received an email yet about how the reserve list works or their place? I still haven’t received any info on the process.
I may be in a little bit of a different situation because I'm on the reserve for the 5-year undergrad program but I emailed and asked how the reserve worked and they gave me my approximate place on the reserve list but no time frame.

this is what I got this morning

"The veterinary programme in University College Dublin has experienced exceptional demand this year and has unfortunately reached capacity. However, It is possible that a small number of places may open up between now and September. You are currently on the reserve list and the Admissions Committee will meet shortly to rank this list and will let you know your category (high, medium or low) by end of May so you know where you stand. We understand that this is not the news you were hoping for and we appreciate your interest in studying Veterinary Medicine at University College Dublin"

(4-yr program)
I’m confused on the meaning. I thought they were ranking the list a couple weeks ago, so are the declined spots still open or were they filled and it’s just a ranking for if anyone else happens to drop before September?

Last edited:
Has anyone on the undergrad reserve list heard anything? For anyone who got into the undergrad program when was your deadline to accept/decline the offer?

Has anyone on the undergrad reserve list heard anything? For anyone who got into the undergrad program when was your deadline to accept/decline the offer?
I haven’t heard anything, I sent an email asking for ranking of my reserve status, still awaiting a reply