UCD Dublin Graduate Entry 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone on the undergrad reserve list heard anything? For anyone who got into the undergrad program when was your deadline to accept/decline the offer?
I emailed and they were able to tell me my position on the list for the 4 yr program.

Members don't see this ad.

I am one of the class reps from the UCD Grad Entry Vet Med Class of '26. I want to invite anyone who has accepted their seat in the UCD Grad Entry Vet Med Class of '27, or any international (non-Irish) members of the MVB (5 year) Vet Med Class of '28, to join the official Facebook Group for your class! You should be getting an email from Trish in the next day or so inviting you to the group, but I figured that I would put it here as well. I look forward to meeting you! UCD Grad Entry Vet Med '27 | Facebook

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone !

I am from France and I applied as a Graduate Entry for the five year program. Has anyone (EU) heard back from UCD ? From what I saw from this forum, Non-EUs already have received an answer from UCD, am I right ?

Many thanks for your answers !

Hi everyone !

I am from France and I applied as a Graduate Entry for the five year program. Has anyone (EU) heard back from UCD ? From what I saw from this forum, Non-EUs already have received an answer from UCD, am I right ?

Many thanks for your answers !
I was emailing with Trish about something else and threw in your question. I will let you know what she says.

Hi everyone !

Many thanks for your answers
I heard from Trish. She said that all EU non-Irish students applying to the 5 year program will hear at the same time as the Irish students. That comes from the Central Application Office (CAO) after leaving cert results are back for the Irish students. This year the CAO will extend offers on August 30. Regardless of your prior education, if you are from the EU and are applying to the 5 year program, you will hear on August 30.

She gave me this link with details Central Applications Office

I hope that it goes well for you!

I heard from Trish. She said that all EU non-Irish students applying to the 5 year program will hear at the same time as the Irish students. That comes from the Central Application Office (CAO) after leaving cert results are back for the Irish students. This year the CAO will extend offers on August 30. Regardless of your prior education, if you are from the EU and are applying to the 5 year program, you will hear on August 30.

She gave me this link with details Central Applications Office

I hope that it goes well for you!

Thanks a lot for the update. That's very late ! When I came in September and March to visit UCD and sit the Gamsat someone told me from administrations that Graduate Entry students would hear back late June for the DN300 graduate entry program.

Thanks a lot for the update. That's very late ! When I came in September and March to visit UCD and sit the Gamsat someone told me from administrations that Graduate Entry students would hear back late June for the DN300 graduate entry program.
It is very late. The issue is that they have to wait for the Leaving Cert results to be released. Graduate Entry is the 4 year program. They hear back Feb-June. There is no 5 year Graduate Entry Program.

It is very late. The issue is that they have to wait for the Leaving Cert results to be released. Graduate Entry is the 4 year program. They hear back Feb-June. There is no 5 year Graduate Entry Program.
I hope there is a Five Year Graduate Entry program, because it is the one I have applied for :giggle:. I have called the department this afternoon. I should hear back from them tomorrow or on friday, to have a timeline and to know when to expect an answer from UCD. Will let you know.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond.

Capture d’écran 2023-06-08 à 00.10.36.png

I hope there is a Five Year Graduate Entry program, because it is the one I have applied for :giggle:. I have called the department this afternoon. I should hear back from them tomorrow or on friday, to have a timeline and to know when to expect an answer from UCD. Will let you know.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond.

View attachment 372731
I stand corrected. I am so sorry!! I have never heard of it. Trish did not break that out when she answered me. She just referred to the 4 year program and the 5 year program. Therefore, please ignore my response. I am not sure. Sorry.

I stand corrected. I am so sorry!! I have never heard of it. Trish did not break that out when she answered me. She just referred to the 4 year program and the 5 year program. Therefore, please ignore my response. I am not sure. Sorry.
That's okay :)! It has been a challenge to apply for the 5 year program as most graduate entries apply for the 4 year one. It's nice to be in touch with someone from UCD. Felt a bit lonely during the whole process, there's not many french students applying for the graduate entry programs.

Hi ! I have been invited for an interview next week. What are the questions asked during the interview ? Would greatly appreciate to have your feedback to help me prepare it the best way I can. Thanks a lot everyone for your help :)

I interviewed for the 4-year graduate entry as an Irish applicant, 6 years ago now so a while ago! I can’t tell you specifics, but it was a very relaxed interview, just a get to know you chat and see you are prepared for the stresses of vet school. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi ! I have been invited for an interview next week. What are the questions asked during the interview ? Would greatly appreciate to have your feedback to help me prepare it the best way I can. Thanks a lot everyone for your help :)
I agree with @dubvet . Mine was very relaxed as well. I was asked what I knew about the program, why I was interested in UCD and where else I applied/interviewed. I would recommend taking a good look at their website and strategic plan (if you have not already). It will just give you something to draw from if they ask what you know about the program, or why you are interested in UCD.

Thanks a lot for your feedback everyone ! Greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone ! Eventhough I still don't have an answer concerning my application, I am preparing myself for the possibility to be accepted. I am going to contract a student loan , and in that purpose do you know if during placement and internship are we getting paid ? If yes, what is the salary range ? Many thanks for your help !

It is rare to be paid during placements. As far as internship, do you mean after graduating if you decide to do an internship?

It is rare to be paid during placements. As far as internship, do you mean after graduating if you decide to do an internship?

Thanks for the feedback ! No I meant placement by internship (sorry in French both are the same).

Hi everyone,

Just received and accepted my offer for DN300 ! So excited to join UCD in September. Would be happy to join your Facebook group but I will be on the 5 year program so not sure it would be accurate for me. But would be happy to chat with graduate entry especially about housing, etc ...

Thanks a lot,

Cap

Hi everyone,

Just received and accepted my offer for DN300 ! So excited to join UCD in September. Would be happy to join your Facebook group but I will be on the 5 year program so not sure it would be accurate for me. But would be happy to chat with graduate entry especially about housing, etc ...

Thanks a lot,

Cap
Go ahead and request to join the Facebook group and I will add you. There are 5 years in there. I can also connect you with an international big sib. Message me with your email and we can connect.