UCLA ---> Happy Whenever They Feel Like it (a.k.a Jan 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~ Part 2)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
QM, I have to agree. It's really difficult to think that anything good might possibly be in this group of bad news - especially with UCLA's history of sending out mostly homogenous batches.

I'm really OK with this. While I would love to go to UCLA, I have some great options, and I'm really looking forward to some closure. It will be nice to be able to get excited about where we'll be next fall!!! :D

:luck: but I'm still going to wish everyone the best of luck!!! :luck:

I still got nothing to report even though I am certain it will be waitlist at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
no status change here. interviewed jan 26th. what do u think this means?

I am in Ca so I thought I would have something by now. Oh well

ditto. ;) My mailing address is San Jose. It's never taken so long for mail to go from lower CA to middle CA. Arg!

ditto. ;) My mailing address is San Jose. It's never taken so long for mail to go from lower CA to middle CA. Arg!

I still have a slight hope that among the 3/21 status changes there were some acceptances that were mailed later than normal for some reason. But as of right now I am expecting the unranked waitlist.

3/22 status change. Hold. NY.

Withdrawing but GL to everyone else!

My very nice mail-guy called to tell me that a letter arrived from UCLA... talk about true torment! I won't know til I get home from work today....

3/22 Status Change

Hold, unranked waitlist.

SoCal.

Last edited:
3/22 Status Change
Hold, unranked waitlist.

Wait.... I thought there was an "unranked waitlsit" category and a "hold" category, where the unranked waitlist would be used first & the hold list would not hear anything until July - is this not right?

yeah, i thought so too.....

is it also possible to get an outright rejection post-interview?

I still have a slight hope that among the 3/21 status changes there were some acceptances that were mailed later than normal for some reason. But as of right now I am expecting the unranked waitlist.

I know, deep down I keep hoping that the letter won't come so that I can hold on to that dream a little longer. Haha!

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe Allie86 (?) says she received a letter on 3/24 (from the 3/22 batch) in NY that was a post-interview rejection....

3/22 Status Change. Rejection.

Ah well, I guess I won't be returning home, at least not for another 4 yrs.

3/22 Status Change. Rejection.

Ah well, I guess I won't be returning home, at least not for another 4 yrs.

I'm sorry, pirata!! :( Feeling like I'll be getting the same fate when I get home to my mailbox.... :scared:

CURRENT COUNT:
3/21: 28 SDNrs reported changes, 18/18 Unranked Waitlist
3/22: 15 SDNrs reported changes, 6/8 Hold 2/8 Rejection

2nd tier unranked waitlist. won't be considered again until july after waitlist movement. its a rejection as well

2nd tier unranked waitlist. won't be considered again until july after waitlist movement. its a rejection as well

thanks for the expl... oh well, guess that settles that... so this afternoon when I get home I just get to see if I'm in the Hold or Reject pile... Whoopdeedoo! :cool:

according to my year when I applied (2005), priority waitlist is unranked and some movement will happen in Mayish - Aug. ( not so much movement my year though). Secondary waitlist or aka HOLD...i'm sorry to say that HOLD just means it takes longer to receive your rejection letter. They need to exhaust the priority waitlist before the HOLD category could be touched. It's been a while that the priority waitlist get exhausted ...sorry to say it..but the TRUTH is the TRUTH. However, you still could hold your hope up and wait for a miracle to happen. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting

according to my year when I applied (2005), priority waitlist is unranked and some movement will happen in Mayish - Aug. ( not so much movement my year though). Secondary waitlist or aka HOLD...i'm sorry to say that HOLD just means it takes longer to receive your rejection letter. They need to exhaust the priority waitlist before the HOLD category could be touched. It's been a while that the priority waitlist get exhausted ...sorry to say it..but the TRUTH is the TRUTH. However, you still could hold your hope up and wait for a miracle to happen. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting

miracles don't happen in med school admissions...just broken dreams and bitterness towards fickle adcoms.

3/21 status change. Unranked waitlist. Damn!

miracles don't happen in med school admissions...just broken dreams and bitterness towards fickle adcoms.

hey quantum, your HOLD letter at UCLA sucks, but at least the full-ride to UT-Memphis is wonderful. You will be a great doctor any where you go!! congratulation!

hey quantum, your HOLD letter at UCLA sucks, but at least the full-ride to UT-Memphis is wonderful. You will be a great doctor any where you go!! congratulation!

yeah I should start a thread: Memphis vs. LA

Pros of Memphis: Cheap housing and no traffic
Cons of Memphis: everything else in life

Last edited:
yeah I should start a thread: Memphis vs. LA

Pros of Memphis: Cheap housing and no traffic
Cons of Memphis: everything else in life

i visited memphis few years ago...loved it there..quite and peaceful..not like the busy life in LA. but hey, if i get to choose, i still love CA to death :D

hey did anyone keep track of how many people reported 2/23 status changes and how many of those reported back with acceptances?

I just want to get a rough guage of how many people TOTAL have had status change- at least on SDN.

i visited memphis few years ago...loved it there..quite and peaceful..not like the busy life in LA. but hey, if i get to choose, i still love CA to death :D

peaceful, until your car gets broken into for the three pennies you left on top of the console.

hey did anyone keep track of how many people reported 2/23 status changes and how many of those reported back with acceptances?

19 SDNrs reported status changes, 14 came back to say they'd been accepted.....

19+28+15 = 62 status changes on SDN reported

seriously...

this thread has become such a tear jerker... what happened to the good news...?

funny - when going through the old thread, someone in early March got the following info:

"called a few days ago and they said that the next batch would go out on the 15th of march, adn that it would include acceptances/waitlists/rejections"

Uh... where are the acceptances?!?!

def jerked some tears out of me with that hold.

im from LA too.

Last edited:
After seeing the stats of the people getting rejected and waitlisted I cannot make sense of this anymore, not that it made sense in the first place. Perhaps Miss Future Hollywood Star in the admissions office mixed some things up ;)

I would have to agree with you here. I cannot believe the caliber of people they are turning down. it makes me wonder if I am at some crazy advantage because I don't have insane stats.

Last edited:
I just dropped by admissions to turn in my -I accept my wait list spot- letter, I asked the staff when UCLA expects to be done with interviewing. She said middle of April and that "things are slowing down".

I think last year someone interviewed in beginning of May. So I would expect a similar time frame when it comes to waitlist movement (June). When is second look? Just curious, not that us waitlisters are invited or anything..haha.

I just dropped by admissions to turn in my -I accept my wait list spot- letter, I asked the staff when UCLA expects to be done with interviewing. She said middle of April and that "things are slowing down".

I think last year someone interviewed in beginning of May. So I would expect a similar time frame when it comes to waitlist movement (June). When is second look? Just curious, not that us waitlisters are invited or anything..haha.

April 21st. Good luck with waitlist movement :luck: :luck: :luck:

Nadda for today. Maybe tomorrow it will come?

Nadda for today. Maybe tomorrow it will come?

Narc, I am seriously hoping that you haven't received anything yet cuz it's good news that they mailed later!

I got the 3/21 status change and still haven't received the letter either...

Alright, folks, I officially received my mail: HOLD. And a rejection pre-interview from Yale (gee, didn't see that one coming seeing as how it's only end-of-March and no interview!? haha).

I'm going to do a little checking into this hold business, but most likely I'll be settling into my decision to go elsewhere. Thanks for all your support guys and BEST OF LUCK to those with no news yet (and, of course, to those who haven't received their letters yet).... Keep everyone posted, congrats on your current and future successes! :)

Alright, folks, I officially received my mail: HOLD. And a rejection pre-interview from Yale (gee, didn't see that one coming seeing as how it's only end-of-March and no interview!? haha).

I'm going to do a little checking into this hold business, but most likely I'll be settling into my decision to go elsewhere. Thanks for all your support guys and BEST OF LUCK to those with no news yet (and, of course, to those who haven't received their letters yet).... Keep everyone posted, congrats on your current and future successes! :)

swtiepie711- you have been an amazing source of inspiration and support. I know that you will be a fantastic doctor, anywhere you go. Your classmates will be lucky to have you.

Good Luck with everything....you have some great options and one of the brightest outlooks on life. :)

Say it AINT SO...so sorry to hear that Swtiepie711..you have basically kept this thread alive and have been really great in answering questions...I hope that the future brings u nothing but joy and success...

No news really is good news right now. = [ But i want to know so bad. when do you guys think is the next status change?

No news really is good news right now. = [ But i want to know so bad. when do you guys think is the next status change?

I'd say soon, that they'd send out at least another round of acceptances before second look (but then again, what do I know?) :) GOOD LUCK!

I'd say soon, that they'd send out at least another round of acceptances before second look (but then again, what do I know?) :) GOOD LUCK!

your the best swtiepie711, did you pick the #711 since that was the year the Arabs started running Spain?

after my favorite comfort foods, a beer and pizza, i'm feeling much better now. :) i suppose i can handle miami for four years!

so sorry swtiepie to hear about the hold, i've really enjoyed your posts and hope you end up where you and your hubby will thrive!