UCLA ---> Happy Whenever They Feel Like it (a.k.a Jan 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~ Part 2)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swtiepie711

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As someone pointed out, the UCLA thread is rapidly approaching 1000 posts, and, with all the status page changes, it seems it will go over any day now. Here's a feeble attempt to start anew - we'll see if it takes..... :)

GOOD LUCK everyone who had status changes! Hope AWESOME news is coming your way! :D :luck:

STATUS WEBSITE

ADMISSIONS PHONE: 310-825-6081

UCLA FINANCIAL AID SITE

Members don't see this ad.

i just tallied the status page changes posted here... (that is, for THIS round of status. all the first rounders appear to have gotten acceptances)

looks like :

sept : 2
oct : 2
nov : 3
dec : 3
Jan : 3
Feb :2
? : 1

thoughts?

i just tallied the status page changes posted here... (that is, for THIS round of status. all the first rounders appear to have gotten acceptances)

looks like :

sept : 2
oct : 2
nov : 3
dec : 3
Jan : 3
Feb :2
? : 1

thoughts?

So confused is this the thread we are using? I like the title better.

Members don't see this ad :)
So confused is this the thread we are using? I like the title better.

Two were started at nearly the same time, I changed this title per your suggestion in the other thread - I, too, like it better (the title that is).... As to which we're using - who knows? :eek: haha :D

use this one. The title is more fitting. So no status page for you then? I need to hear what happened with Dopa's status page then I can really decide what these letters will be. With no change for you or QM its not looking so good.

it seems to me that this year will more closely follow the 2005 pattern, unless all of the people in the first 2006 batch got scholarships. I suppose it could also be a mixed bag…but I’d rather be optimistic :) *shrug*

How about some of the top places you guys have been accepted. I would feel better hearing people got accepted to top ranked schools and had a status change today :)

I am sorta middle of the pack.
BU
AECOM
UC Irvine

use this one. The title is more fitting. So no status page for you then? I need to hear what happened with Dopa's status page then I can really decide what these letters will be. With no change for you or QM its not looking so good.

Why do you say that? Maybe I'm a rejection and this batch is all acceptances? It's hard to tell. When the first people (So. Cal) start posting then we'll have a much better idea!

Yea, so no status page change for me.... Man, this bites.... I'd really love to get into UCLA, and I'd also really like to know where I stand..... :cool:

Good :luck: narc! And good :luck: all!!!!

I'm in SoCal so I will definitely let you all know as soon as I rip that letter open.

Also, I'm middle of the pack, almost exactly the same list as narc.

Status change! Interviewed early Feb. i HOPEEE its an acceptance....the 2nd batch of acceptances last yr was sent out 3/13 and its already 3/21!!

Status Change as well. Interviewed late November. :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the acceptance envelopes from first batch were kinda thick i.e. had more than one paper in it? Just so I can prepare myself haha

Does anyone know if the acceptance envelopes from first batch were kinda thick i.e. had more than one paper in it? Just so I can prepare myself haha

were THIN. So dont worry about size. Haha.

Interviewed end of January, got the status-change today....

I interviewed Mid September and still no status change.. AHH more waitinggg :(

So many status changes was that for today? Seems like a ton

for the record I also recieved a status change today...I interviewed february 6th...

GOOD LUCK Steve203 on your letter thats in the mail dude...you have been patiently waiting for this for some time so im praying for you bruh..make sure to share all the good news once it comes in...this is the one you really want right??

hell yeah this is the one I really want..good looking out bro...hopefully it happens for both of us

Yea man..then we can be roommates once again like the good ol days..lol..

haha..that would be too dope

hey guys, i also received a status page today. interviewed in november. so good luck guys. i have a good feeling about this. i just hope i get the letter before friday as i'm heading off for spring break. Please come quick!!!!!!

Wow lots of actions today. Who all is So Cal? Think it will come tomorrow for you?
I am in Nor Cal so I hope it makes it by Friday.

im in socal. if i knew they were posted, i would have stopped by to pick it up. but didnt find out until now

Wow lots of actions today. Who all is So Cal? Think it will come tomorrow for you?
I am in Nor Cal so I hope it makes it by Friday.

I just checked the other thread and decisions were mailed on a friday (according to the status page), arriving to a local the following tuesday. So then maybe Saturday for me here in Yorba Linda?

I love this new title for this thread. Good Luck to everyone. Make sure to join the allopathic class thread, when you hear good news :) :luck: :)

narc- good luck I hope you hear good news :)

Status change today! :) Interviewed late December. I'm in Berkeley right now, but it's being mailed to my parents' address in southern California. I'll be there this Friday through Monday. Sure would be great if it arrived sometime then ... It would be nice to open an envelope for myself for once. (Gotta love calls from your mom letting you know you've been rejected from Harvard ... and UCSD ... and UCSF ... and Baylor ... the list goes on)

I really don't understand this whole status page thing. I suppose it is to avoid phone calls, but all it really results in is all of us spending a few days totally freaking out (in contrast to the past several months of mild to moderate freaking out).

Anyway, good luck to you all! :)

The letter was thin. It had only 1 single sheet in it and if you have scholarship, there will be another sheet. Actually, you can tell if you get accepted or not before opening the letter (well, at least in my case, from the way the letter was folded). You could see some words through the clear window on the envelop. Good luck all. I bet it will be all acceptances. UCLA is too busy to decide who they wanna be in their class, they won't have time to send out letters of rejection yet. Plus, you guys are all awesome applicants, they need to look at your files over and over so they can't reject anyone yet. Good luck and dont forget to visit UCLA class of 2011 thread when you hear the good news. AGAIN, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:luck: :luck: :luck:

Do you guys think people in so cal (like me) will receive the letter today, or Friday?

Aerith, I would say either fri. or sat. I know it sucks during this waiting time. It made me feel like having butterfies in my stomach the entire day. Well, I m sure it will be worth the wait when u open the letter with an acceptance. Good luck!!!!!!!

This thread needs a bump. Any SoCal people get their mail yet? :luck:

I have never posted on this thread, but I always read it. Anywho, I interviewed in late Jan and still no status update. I just called the admissions office and the nice lady told me that the dean hasn't signed letters yet. Don't really know what that means. Does the dean also have to sign for rejections or only acceptances?

the nice lady told me that the dean hasn't signed letters yet.

what does that even mean? he must have signed letters that went out yesterday...maybe he' signing more today for another quick batch?!?

I have never posted on this thread, but I always read it. Anywho, I interviewed in late Jan and still no status update. I just called the admissions office and the nice lady told me that the dean hasn't signed letters yet. Don't really know what that means. Does the dean also have to sign for rejections or only acceptances?

My heart just sank... I really hope this doesn't mean they didn't send out acceptances yesterday. :(

Interviewed first week of January, no status change. :(

That hurts:( Oh well. Some of you So Cal people better get something today and it better all be 100% acceptances. If not just dont tell us until we all get em :laugh:
Coffee + this thread is killing my poor heart:thumbdown:

That hurts:( Oh well. Some of you So Cal people better get something today and it better all be 100% acceptances. If not just dont tell us until we all get em :laugh:
Coffee + this thread is killing my poor heart:thumbdown:

Just wanted to say that i think it's highly unlikely anyone will get them today. If they were sent yesterday through campus mail, it will take a little longer to reach everyone. I believe last time they were mailed Friday & people got them on Tuesday (?) - that's 3 or so days for S.Cal people to receive it - that would put this time at Saturday for So.Cal & Monday for No.Cal & beyond?? Anyways, I hope for everyone that the mail processes more quickly this time! GL EVERYONE!!! :luck:

I interviewed early Dec. and got no status change.

I have a feeling that this will be another acceptance batch so dont worry guys. I think they will be good news!!!:luck:

anyway...is ucla first choice for everyone on this thread? if not...what other schools are u deciding on? (that is if you have other acceptances)

I interviewed in mid-November and still no status change.

I called the admissions office this morning and they said that they are still in the process of sending out acceptances and that she would expect I would hear something by the end of the month..I'm assuming this means UCLA will be sending out all final decisions: acceptances, waitlist and rejections shortly!

:luck: to all that got status changes!

I called the admissions office this morning and they said that they are still in the process of sending out acceptances and that she would expect I would hear something by the end of the month..I'm assuming this means UCLA will be sending out all final decisions: acceptances, waitlist and rejections shortly!

best news I have heard.. thanks pirata

That helps a little.

And Yes UCLA would be the school I would attend if I get in. That is for certain. It is the last school I am waiting on.

I think this batch will be mixed. (or waitlists/holds)

If you look at the stats of people who got the status change and people who didnt, there are unbelievable numbers in both groups (change vs no change).

Best thing to do is just wait til someone reports back... :( which probably wont happen until friday (or more likely saturday)

Oh mannn...I hope that means the dean hasn't signed the letters yet for TODAY, because otherwise my status change from yesterday can't be good news =(

Oh mannn...I hope that means the dean hasn't signed the letters yet for TODAY, because otherwise my status change from yesterday can't be good news =(

Hoping the same. But shouldn't the dean sign all the letters? At least my waitlist/rejection letters were all signed...

Hoping the same. But shouldn't the dean sign all the letters? At least my waitlist/rejection letters were all signed...

I think those might have the stamped/computer-generated signatures, i dont think they're originals.

To those who are accepted already....

is the signature on your acceptance letter hand signed or computer generated?