UCLA School of Dentistry Class of 2026 Thread

Has anyone heard back from the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone going else getting ready to reapply? Does UCLA give preference to those waitlisted to interview the following cycle?

Is anyone going else getting ready to reapply? Does UCLA give preference to those waitlisted to interview the following cycle?
no
it does look good if you have made improvements to your app over the past year

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone on the waitlist heard back? I’ve noticed they took more people from the waitlist from the class of 2020-2023 and not many for the class of 2024-2025, based on old sdn threads. I hope they still give us a chance.

Has anyone on the waitlist heard back? I’ve noticed they took more people from the waitlist from the class of 2020-2023 and not many for the class of 2024-2025, based on old sdn threads. I hope they still give us a chance.
I think because before virtual interviews UCLA only interviewed to accept for the class to be full Pre-Dec so a few were waitlisted or a few extra accepted in hopes of declining seats, but now everyone who interviewed and wasn’t accepted is waitlisted (based on admissions events I’ve attended throughout these 2 years). I think it’s to prevent overfilled classes since last year I heard they accepted a lot and were overfilled since people were holding seats until the end. It sucks but holding multiple seats with multiple deposits might be the issue.

I think because before virtual interviews UCLA only interviewed to accept for the class to be full Pre-Dec so a few were waitlisted or a few extra accepted in hopes of declining seats, but now everyone who interviewed and wasn’t accepted is waitlisted (based on admissions events I’ve attended throughout these 2 years). I think it’s to prevent overfilled classes since last year I heard they accepted a lot and were overfilled since people were holding seats until the end. It sucks but holding multiple seats with multiple deposits might be the issue.
Yeah. People who hold multiple seats should have a date to decide. I also think it’s because ucsf reduces their class size from 90 to 60. Most people declining ucla are going to ucsf. Well let’s hope for the best and prepare for the worst then.

Yeah. People who hold multiple seats should have a date to decide. I also think it’s because ucsf reduces their class size from 90 to 60. Most people declining ucla are going to ucsf. Well let’s hope for the best and prepare for the worst then.
they do have a date to decide...

they do have a date to decide...
Yes, but it’s up to the school to decide to do something or not. Some schools won’t ask for applicants to decide at all.

Yes, but it’s up to the school to decide to do something or not. Some schools won’t ask for applicants to decide at all.
so you're saying the schools are willing to let multiple people possibly cancel at the last minute?
that's not how it works...

so you're saying the schools are willing to let multiple people possibly cancel at the last minute?
that's not how it works...
Yeah unfortunately. That’s why some students are accepted at orientation week, or possibly first week of school.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes! I heard this last year when I attended one of the ucla shadow days. That’s exactly what the admissions team referred to, that the issue last cycle was ucsf. I didn’t even know until those who applied last cycle asked.

Yeah unfortunately. That’s why some students are accepted at orientation week, or possibly first week of school.
I heard this about last cycle too! So I’m staying hopeful. Who knows maybe we might be lucky!

the people who cancel at the last minute decided not to go to school at all or are going to a different school where that happened and they got off the waiting list
it's NOT because they are holding multiple spots

Any movement off of the waitlist? And has anyone given up their spot on the waitlist?