UCLA unranked waitlist 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called a couple days ago and was told they don't expect much movement for another 3 weeks - take that for what it's worth.

Three weeks!! Can I sue for pain and suffering?

I'm not sure I can handle three weeks. Well, I guess at that point (june 26ish) it's either get in or give up, since by that time I'll be cutting it real close to having to get moving on to another school.

How many of us are still waiting do you think? Seems like quite a few here got in off the waitlist already, and you can probably multiply that by 4 or so, to get the actual number. So I guess they must be close to done now and the next batch will be pretty small.

Eh, I need a nap...

Members don't see this ad.

I've stopped checking my status. Reverse psychology maybe. If I don't check it, maybe it'll change. Haha...we need more laughter.

For what its worth, I stopped by admissions today and the lady told me most of the waitlist movement is expected in July.

Members don't see this ad :)
most of the movement.....that must mean there's quite a few spots left then.

i just got a call telling me they are taking me off the waitlist. i think im still shaking from the excitement! :) good luck to everyone still waiting :luck:

i have a question for anyone else who was taken off the waitlist already- did you wait until you turned the paperwork back in before you told your other school that you were giving up your spot? what is the appropriate action here?

Congrats Caliaquagirl! I withdrew from other schools after I had registered online (SIR, SLR) and started working on the housing and fin aid apps. My acceptance letter did not mention anything about deadlines to withdraw from other schools, except that if you don't respond to UCLA in 2 weeks they'll drop you from the class. I think it's customary to withdraw within 2 weeks.

I got an acceptance offer today!

I just called. The class is filled. They expect withdrawals in July but they don't know how many. I just spent $95 sending them another letter of rec.

I just called. The class is filled. They expect withdrawals in July but they don't know how many. I just spent $95 sending them another letter of rec.

Why $95?

So what does that mean? That there won't be any more waitlist movement except one or two people here and there? It looks like there was substantial movement the past two years during the first week of July...

So what does that mean? That there won't be any more waitlist movement except one or two people here and there? It looks like there was substantial movement the past two years during the first week of July...

I heard there will be significant movement on the 5th due to 4th of July-related fireworks fatalities.

:thumbup:

$95 because I'm now a UCLA alumni and had to renew my account with the LOR office and it was $20 to send the letter priority.

what is the phone number to ucla's med school office?

$95 because I'm now a UCLA alumni and had to renew my account with the LOR office and it was $20 to send the letter priority.

If you send an update letter, just ask the professor to send directly to the school, assuming you don't have a lot of schools to send to.

update if anyone is curious: class is filled, all those who were offered a spot off the waitlist accepted. Last day they'll take people off is august 6th, supposing someone gets accepted off a different waitlist and withdraws from ucla.

update if anyone is curious: class is filled, all those who were offered a spot off the waitlist accepted. Last day they'll take people off is august 6th, supposing someone gets accepted off a different waitlist and withdraws from ucla.

wow so it's just like every other waitlist ever. thanks for that crucial update. :thumbup:

well that sucks... so much for all my letters

looks like ucla is done.
2 more weeks and the waitlist has hardly been touched.
tats it.

looks like ucla is done.
2 more weeks and the waitlist has hardly been touched.
tats it.

yup...I called the other day and the nice lady told me that the class was full and that any movement at this point would be highly unlikely.

this is effin bull crap