UCLA unranked waitlist 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
bump bump bump! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I just checked my status and it is says Decision Letter sent 5/18/07..

I was placed on the unranked waitilist in the 4/9 batch! good luck everyone..:luck:

I was placed on the unranked waitilist in the 4/9 batch! good luck everyone..:luck:

omg!! that is SO EXCITING. i can't imagine it's bad news. Let us know! And good luck to the rest of us (no status change here).

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG... My status changed too and I was placed on the WL on the 4/9 batch.. I'm so nervous and will def update once I got any news. :scared: :eek:

me too!!!!! if it was sent the 18th, i should def get something tomorrow hopefully. this has got to be good news, right guys? why would they send out anything other than acceptances so early in the waitlist movement season? or should i not get my hopes too up? *biting nails*
(i was in the 4/9 batch, as well)

wow, strange that you all were in the same batch. I would have a hard time believing this is anything besides an acceptance, but I understand that it's hard to get excited without anything in your hand. Best of luck and let us know ASAP! we need some good news on this thread!

I'm rooting for all of you guys..... good luck!!! :luck: :) :luck:

if any of you guys are ucla students, check your ursas. good luck to you all:luck:

if any of you guys are ucla students, check your ursas. good luck to you all:luck:

hey! thanks for the tip! (I'm an alumnus from '03 so forgot about ursa)
I'm IN!! Yay!

Thanks guys! I am pretty pleased and relieved. :D

Go RosaVerde! Big Congrats! How are you going to weigh your options?

Family situation here in LA sort of makes the whole decision making process about where to go to med school kinda easy...

so as much as I hate committments, I'm going to say, in all likelihood, that I'm going to UCLA next fall (99% sure)! I'm still on high priority at ucsf. At this point, an acceptance from them will be a great ego boost. I've gotta let go of ucsd now that I've got ucla in my hot little hands.

For those who are familiar with how things went last yr..when do you suppose the next batch of acceptances (off the waitlist) will go out? Will it happen again this week, next week, or not for a while..?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in the November interview group. I also got a status change, but I haven't gotten the official letter in the mail yet. I got the acceptance icon on ursa. Looks like it's going to be good news. Good luck to everyone!:luck:
I'm IN!

I was in the November interview group. I also got a status change, but I haven't gotten the official letter in the mail yet. I got the acceptance icon on ursa. Looks like it's going to be good news. Good luck to everyone!:luck:
I'm IN!

congrats!! see you in the fall?

congrats guys! so it seems like status change = acceptance!? i'm so jealous

for those who just got accepted....did you guys send in updates? if so, how many?? thanks!

i'm going nuts. after i read the forum, i casually checked my status page thinking i wont see anything different but got status changed and quickly tried to log on to ursa but its 1:05 and ursa is offline at 1am. aaahhhhhh!!!!!! i may stay up til 6am and check the first second i get.

i'm going nuts. after i read the forum, i casually checked my status page thinking i wont see anything different but got status changed and quickly tried to log on to ursa but its 1:05 and ursa is offline at 1am. aaahhhhhh!!!!!! i may stay up til 6am and check the first second i get.

I m sure you are in Chaumiester. :thumbup:

Look like we have another OC'er at UCLA. It's awsomeeeeeeeee!!!!!! ;)

And Good luck to all others that are waiting. I m rooting for you guys as well. :luck:

And Good luck to all others that are waiting. I m rooting for you guys as well. :luck:

Hi Kelvin, I'm actually from OC as well, commuting to UCLA for work everyday for almost 18 months already.

congrats!! see you in the fall?

Hi Rosa,
See you in the fall. Congrats to you as well! Hopefully, you'll choose UCLA over UCSF if you get off the wait list at SF. I also graduated from UCLA class of 2003.

Were all of you guys in the 4/9 batch of status page changes that got the unranked waitlist?

Wow... I Missed My 6am Alarm...my Heart Was Racing As I Logged In. Boy Does This Feel Good. I Wish Everyone The Best Of Luck. I Hope To See Many Of You There..

interviewed Feb 16. waitlisted 4/9. status changed 5/18.

Hi Rosa,
See you in the fall. Congrats to you as well! Hopefully, you'll choose UCLA over UCSF if you get off the wait list at SF. I also graduated from UCLA class of 2003.

Hey Papillon - I was Class of 2004! Nice to know there will be some other UCLA alums in the class!

Chaumiester - CONGRATS! This seems to bode well for all the other status changers!! :) UCLA students/alums - check your URSA (I still have access, and as I said, I was class of '04).

Were all of you guys in the 4/9 batch of status page changes that got the unranked waitlist?

It seems like it, huh? Kinda weird. Any thoughts? Maybe you all were in the same committee?

It seems like it, huh? Kinda weird. Any thoughts? Maybe you all were in the same committee?

What probably happened is that there was a handful of applicants who were voted for acceptance by their respective subcommittees --- but because the class was full, the school couldn't accept them until people started withdrawing. Rather than leaving those people hanging without a status change, they were put on the unranked waitlist on 4/9. Now that it's after May 15, spaces are being freed up.

gotcha. thanks for the info. Now let's hope more folks start to come off the WL. congrats to everyone so far!

Wow... I Missed My 6am Alarm...my Heart Was Racing As I Logged In. Boy Does This Feel Good. I Wish Everyone The Best Of Luck. I Hope To See Many Of You There..

interviewed Feb 16. waitlisted 4/9. status changed 5/18.

Congrats! hehehe...

I was also in the 4/9/07 wait list batch. I totally forgot and had to look up. Good luck to everyone else!

Anyone in the 4/9 group not have a status page change?

I didnt...it still says the I recieved my final decision letter on the 9th.

Congratulations Everyone!!!

By my count that makes six people so far off the waitlist. How many more do you think will make it off the waitlist before June?

Hi Kelvin, I'm actually from OC as well, commuting to UCLA for work everyday for almost 18 months already.

hey there, did u go to second look? I didnt see a lot of people from OC though. Whereabout in OC do you live? You can PM me if you want. Maybe we can hang out :)

Hi Rosa,

Yeah, most likely. See you in the fall! :)

Hey all, I called in yesterday after I saw my status page and they confirmed it was an acceptance! I am stoked... if anyone is wondering what I did, I sent an loi with current updates and reasons of interest to attend UCLA in the same email I accepted the waitlist position... I hope you all get the same good news! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!

I dropped off my LOI and acceptance of the waitlist two weeks ago, sent in two additional LORS and am working on a third, and sent in my updated transcript. Man I hope it works! I'm in the 4/23 waitlist batch. Congrats guys and good luck everyone.

Just looking for advice...

I was waistlisted in the 3/21 batch, and haven't heard anything yet. I sent in a very short LOI, sweet and to the point. Should I send in another letter, highlighting my reasons and interest in UCLA, or is it too late at this point? Would it even help, or seem desperate?

Just looking for advice...

I was waistlisted in the 3/21 batch, and haven't heard anything yet. I sent in a very short LOI, sweet and to the point. Should I send in another letter, highlighting my reasons and interest in UCLA, or is it too late at this point? Would it even help, or seem desperate?

BlueandGold, consider it this way. Say there are 100 people on a waitinglist at an excellent school. Of those 100, 80 wills end in LOIs that are at LEAST sweet and to the point. Person 20's LOI is not much different from person 40's LOI. Person 60, on the other hand, highlighted the fact that his family is in LA, that he has particular interest in X department, prefers UCLA over other schools for Y reason. You see the point.

I would recommend doing all that you can while on the waitlist (without barraging the committee with superfluous information) in order to demonstrate your commitment. They want to be sure that whoever they pull off will accept.

I called the admission office and found out I got accepted!!! I was in the 4/9 WL batch. :love: :luck:

any idea when we'll hear next?

congrats to those who got in and good luck to the rest of us! :luck:

I had a weird situation...I interviewed in November...no status change until 5/11/07 and was accepted. Talk about a long wait =( but nevertheless I'm thrilled to be going to ucla next year. Good luck to those on the waitlist and I hope to see you guys next year!

I had a weird situation...I interviewed in November...no status change until 5/11/07 and was accepted. Talk about a long wait =( but nevertheless I'm thrilled to be going to ucla next year. Good luck to those on the waitlist and I hope to see you guys next year!

Congratulations! :D

What is this URSA you all are referring to?

What is this URSA you all are referring to?

It's the central website for all UCLA students --- to pay bills, order transcripts, enroll in classes, etc.

It's the central website for all UCLA students --- to pay bills, order transcripts, enroll in classes, etc.

I know this is bitter consolation, but ...

Recall that last year people were accepted around July 4th weekend, again on July 19th or so, and maybe another student as late as a few days prior to orientation. :rolleyes:

anyone call recently? wonder when the next movement will be... 4th of july seems so far away! :( so there will only be two more major movements at the most? :(:(:(