UCSD Extension Premed Post Bacc 2018-19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idkwhypremed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone!

Who else applied to UCSD's program this year? Anyone else waiting to hear back from San Diego? The suspense... I am so anxious! We're supposed to receive news soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, everyone!

Who else applied to UCSD's program this year? Anyone else waiting to hear back from San Diego? The suspense... I am so anxious! We're supposed to receive news soon.

I am also waiting! I highly doubt I will be selected this year due to not having any volunteer hours (hoping military service counts for something) but I guess we will see!

Goodluck, last year students recieved emails Feb 23-24 on getting invited or not. Hope we hear back soon!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, everyone!

I applied!! Soo nervous to hear back from them.

Good luck everyone! Pls keep us posted if you hear back :)

Reactions: 2 users
Goodluck, last year students recieved emails Feb 23-24 on getting invited or not. Hope we hear back soon!!
Last year did they give out any kind of rejection notice or feedback?

Last year did they give out any kind of rejection notice or feedback?

From a thread on SDN that I read RE: last year’s cohort, I believe they do send out rejection and waitlist emails to those who aren’t immediately invited to interview.

Still haven’t heard anything yet has anyone received an email?

I haven’t heard anything either!! They’re really taking this “late February” thing to heart lol

Reactions: 4 users
No News!! I keep refreshing my email. Did anyone contact Ammy to know why is it taking so long? just a thought :)))

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called her! She said “any day now.” Apparently, things got held back because of PostBacCAS.

Reactions: 3 users
was just about to post for this! me too, so nervous. still no emails. best of luck to everyone!

I hope everyone gets good news. Fingers crossed. Goodluck everyone, looks like we’ll have answers before this weekend

Reactions: 2 users
No email yet. I figured I was going to be a cave canary ‍♂️

Just got offered an interview! Good luck to all of you!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I still haven’t received a rejection or interview email... do they come individually instead of a mass group email?

I too received an invitation for interview. Good luck for those still waiting for a response.

Congratss! When did u receive it? and when did u apply?

I received it yesterday around 6pm (LA time zone). I applied the day before the app closed. But I was waiting for my last recommendation letter to submit by that time.

Still waiting on mine, anyone else recieve anything?

Reactions: 1 users
Still Waiting ..I start to doubt if they even have my application !!

As long as it’s been verified, you should be good!

Yes But they verified it in beginning of February ..even though I submitted on January 24th
Hmm. That makes me a little nervous because it looks like my app wasn’t verified until mid-Feb.. wonder if that means it’ll take longer for them to get back to me?

Hi all, new to this thread. I received an interview invitation yesterday and just confirmed my interview date+time.

Best of luck to all those waiting for a reply.

Me too, I'm on the same timeline. Submitted on the 24th, verified mid-Feb. Maybe they're taking longer to get through the applications and releasing spots or rejections as they go? I don't know. I'm just trying really hard not to catastrophize, but waiting around is nerve-racking.

Reactions: 1 users
Me too, I'm on the same timeline. Submitted on the 24th, verified mid-Feb. Maybe they're taking longer to get through the applications and releasing spots or rejections as they go? I don't know. I'm just trying really hard not to catastrophize, but waiting around is nerve-racking.

Looking at my email, I submitted my app Jan 23rd and it was verified Feb 2 as I submitted my transcripts pretty early in the process.

Just received an invitation to interview. Good luck to all still waiting!

Reactions: 3 users