UCSD Extension Premed Post Bacc 2018-19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here..

Members don't see this ad.

Do you think this could go past the weekend?
I’m really hoping so.. I’m banking on them just being very behind with reviewing apps so they’re taking some time to send out the responses. Trying to be optimistic here & thinking if I haven’t received a rejection, then I’m still good..

Crossing my fingers that we all hear back early next week!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all. Got an invitiation this morning. Hoping you all get good news as well.

Reactions: 4 users
What was the email address it came from? I want to check my junk mail haha
I was doing the same thing, the email comes from Amie’s account and won’t be in junk. Hope to hear good news from you soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, galex95! Congratulations! When were you verified?

I also got my interview invite this morning! For anyone who was wondering, I submitted on January 24th, but was verified on February 8th. Also, for the people who did their interview already, what kind of questions did they ask?

Last edited:
Still no News! :( ..Does anyone know if they still sending out invites for interviews?

Still no News! :( ..Does anyone know if they still sending out invites for interviews?
It looks like they’re sending out invites based on when the apps were verified - chronologically. You said yours was verified mid-Feb, same as mine? So I’m still holding out hope!

Yes! Hopefully, let's get a good news soon!...keep me posted :)

I feel like they're sending out decisions one by one based on when the apps were verified because when mine came in, it listed a specific interview date and time. Hopefully you guys will hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like they're sending out decisions one by one based on when the apps were verified because when mine came in, it listed a specific interview date and time. Hopefully you guys will hear back soon!
Cool, thanks for the details! Good luck with your interview

I received an interview invite this afternoon. My app was verified on Jan 30th. Wishing good news for everyone.

Still have not received anything. Maybe I should give Amie a call? I was trying to avoid doing that since I’m sure the office has been flooded with calls

Just received my interview invite 30 min ago!

Good luck to those in the waiting game, I know it’s tough. Hope you guys hear back before end of day

Just received my interview invite 30 min ago!

Good luck to those in the waiting game, I know it’s tough. Hope you guys hear back before end of day
I received an invite as well! Good luck everyone!

Got an interview as well :)...Does anyone know if its a group or individual interview? If anyone had already had their interview would share their experience that would be great!

Hi everyone,
New here. But I was put on the waitlist to interview. Did anyone else get this response? Hope my chances aren't too slim :(. UCSD is my first choice for post bacc..

Does anyone know when exactly we find out after interviews? End of April?

Would anyone be able to shed some light on the types of interview questions and how the interview went (hard questions vs. easygoing and relaxed?)

Would anyone be able to shed some light on the types of interview questions and how the interview went (hard questions vs. easygoing and relaxed?)
I had my interview last week and it was much more informal/relaxed than I expected. It’s more of a conversation to get to know you more, they ask you a few things off your application so review your essays. Be prepared to answer why you have chosen the UCSD post bac/why are you a good candidate for their program and what can this program do for you and ultimately, your med school application.

Good luck!

Hi all. New to SDN and this page. I had an interview 2 weeks ago and it was very laid back. They just asked questions about me and the hardships I had growing in an underserved areas of San Diego (Barrio Logan/City Heights). They also asked why medicine, and why not nursing or research. My interview ran around 50 minutes. My aGPA= 3.2 and sGPA=3.0. I volunteer regularly with Flying Samaritans at UCSD, USC, and others. I assist in oral procedures and cataract and pterygium surgery in Mexico. In addition, I volunteer tutor kids from underserved areas of San Diego. I wish you all luck and I think responses are mid April to the end pf April.

Hey everyone, also new to SDN and this page. I had an interview a little over a month ago, and just waiting to hear back! I was curious to see if anyone received an admissions decision yet? I'm still waiting to hear back, and will keep everyone in the loop as I hear back. Good luck to everyone!

Hey everyone, also new to SDN and this page. I had an interview a little over a month ago, and just waiting to hear back! I was curious to see if anyone received an admissions decision yet? I'm still waiting to hear back, and will keep everyone in the loop as I hear back. Good luck to everyone!

During my interview I was told the committee was meeting up April 16 to decide who gets accepted and who gets financial aid. I was also told they will let people know mid-April to end of April. Luckily I have a back up and just got an interview for UCSF post bacc.

Just received an acceptance email! Good luck all!

I just got an email after my interview that i’m waitlisted.

just got an acceptance! good luck to you all!

Also got in. Also received a scholarship. Hope for great news for the rest of y’all.

Does anyone know if they tell you your place on the waitlist or what the odds are now?

I have a backup as well

Just got accepted to the program plus a scholarship. Time to celebrate.

Also got in. Also received a scholarship. Hope for great news for the rest of y’all.

Wow, congratulations on the scholarship! Was the scholarship brought up at all in the interview or was it a surprise in your acceptance email?

Wow, congratulations on the scholarship! Was the scholarship brought up at all in the interview or was it a surprise in your acceptance email?

There was no mention or directed questions. I assumed they based it on my essays as lack of support is part of my history.

Does anyone know if they tell you your place on the waitlist or what the odds are now?

I have a backup as well
They do not, I just asked and they replied the information can’t be disclosed at the moment.

Received the acceptance letter:soexcited: .... Does anyone know how many people they accepted and how many scholarships they offer...I'm just wondering what options we have in order to not take the whole 30k loan.:nailbiting: Congratulations to the ones who got in ..See you on the Orientation day!:)

when i interviewed i asked about financial aid opportunities and they told me about the scholarship. i was awarded a scholarship and now im having trouble deciding where to go

i read on another thread that ucsd post bacc students get an automatic interview at ucsd som. is this true? like... is this another linkage orrrr?
and for those of you who have more than one acceptance, how are you deciding where to go?

i read on another thread that ucsd post bacc students get an automatic interview at ucsd som. is this true? like... is this another linkage orrrr?
and for those of you who have more than one acceptance, how are you deciding where to go?
The faq on the program webpage states there is a linkage with an Osteopathic medical school in Pomona. No UCs.

I’m waitlisted but does anybody have any idea how many are on the waitlist? I’m hesitant to ask Amie what number I am lol

My interviewer told me that the UCSD som admissions committee views post bacc applicants in comparison to regular UCSD applicants in terms of stats and the whole process so he emphasized that there is no direct linkage or guarantee that post bacc students will get accepted to UCSD SOM and in some ways it’s even harder. My interviewer is on the med admissions board.