UCSF 2007 Interviewees!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Namexxx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all UCSF Interviewees!! If you've already had your interview, tell us about it here! What transportation did you use (i.e. what BART/bus/shuttle did you take)? What did you have to write about? What questions were you asked? Help us future interviewees out (mine is on 2/9--SUPER NERVOUS)!!! Thanks everyone :luck: :love:

Members don't see this ad.

NO ONE wants to share? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll see you tomorrow; I'm driving :D

I'll see you tomorrow; I'm driving :D

Good luck you guys!! Olive, you're like me--deciding between SF and Michigan (right?). Or, I guess going to Michigan if SF doesn't work out (like me)? I'm SO nervous and my interview is still a week away!! :luck:

Hey all UCSF Interviewees!! If you've already had your interview, tell us about it here! What transportation did you use (i.e. what BART/bus/shuttle did you take)? What did you have to write about? What questions were you asked? Help us future interviewees out (mine is on 2/9--SUPER NERVOUS)!!! Thanks everyone :luck: :love:

i interviewed last year but here's some inside info that might help you.
Don't count on my info because I got flat out embarassed and rejected! Learn from my mistakes.
Be honest and ready to explain in detail any questions that might arise from your supplemental application. They will dissect you inside out and find out who you really are. Most of the questions will be situational questions(If so and so, what would you do?), why UCSF?, explain your volunteer activities. They have your application in front of you so be able to explain everything.
Be confident and dont' choke! The essay part is they give you three different quotes(non pharmacy related) and you pick one and write on it.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Good luck you guys!! Olive, you're like me--deciding between SF and Michigan (right?). Or, I guess going to Michigan if SF doesn't work out (like me)? I'm SO nervous and my interview is still a week away!! :luck:

It's basically a 3 way tie between Chapel Hill, Michigan and UCSF right now. Granted I've only gotten into one of them so it really can't be a tie, but I just don't know where I wanna go right now. Almost choices, almost choices!

It's basically a 3 way tie between Chapel Hill, Michigan and UCSF right now. Granted I've only gotten into one of them so it really can't be a tie, but I just don't know where I wanna go right now. Almost choices, almost choices!

at least you're guaranteed to attend a pharmacy school... i wish i had the luxury to choose =)

I didn't like my interviewer. Right when I came in I could feel him rejecting me already. I think he was biased.

^^ he looked like he had this disgusted look on his face, and he was trying to intimidate me. .

^^ he looked like he had this disgusted look on his face, and he was trying to intimidate me. If pharmacy schools say they want diversity and want to promote diversity, then they have to start accepting students from different backgrounds. And 1-2 doesn't count as enough. I generally don't like to think that people are biased, but based on what I've observed, the faculty seems to favor their own racial group. You shouldn't have only one group representing the pool of pharmacists. Pharmacies will start lacking cultural competency if they continue to overrepresent one group.

what's your ethnicity?

but u never know. sometimes people think they bombed their interview, but get accepted. maybe he tries to intimidate you to see how you react under pressure.

I was at the UCSF interview yesturday also and I felt very intimidated by the program and its tradition. It was more "stiff" than my other interviews and they were rough in the 2 on 1 interviews, but thats the way they do it and you have to appreciate it. They don't want anyone to slip through the cracks I guess. The facilities were great and who knows, it might just be worth living in that city for a couple of years,:laugh:

Good luck to all that interview. :thumbup:

I am wondering what essay prompt they gave on the interview day?

And i am sorry akaykay..... What kind of question your interviewer asked that made you feel that way?

Thanks for the responses everyone. Boy, I sure hope I don't get any of the overly intimidating interviewers that several of you have written about (as if you aren't under enough pressure!). Thanks for the heads up!

Not to scare you, but the UCSF interview was the most exhausting process in the world. Granted, the only other interview I went to so far was a 1.5 hour USC interview :p but I think everyone, even the experienced interviewees, were tired afterwards. I was there from 11:40am-5:15pm (for a noon interview). It didn't even start until 12:30 despite it saying 12 on my letter, and they gave an hour for the interview, essay, and prerequisite review even though each took about 30, 30, and 10 minutes respectively. You spend a lot of time waiting around and everyone was just awkwardly standing on the sides of the lobby area the whole time.

I wasn't intimidated by my interviewers, who were very nice, but it definitely wasn't a conversation. She must have had a list of typical interview questions to ask me, although I wasn't given situational questions fortunately. What surprised me was that I was only asked one question about my application (my main essay) and only because the faculty found it interesting and wanted me to share more. The students were nice, the campus was okay, but you definitely felt like just a number in the crowd.

I stayed with a P1 during my stay, and Mission Bay is very nice. My friend lives in a 4b2b apartment and the rooms were small. She can only really fit a desk, queen bed, and floor lamp in there in order to have walking room. But it is very new. I saw a 2b1b place in another tower and that was very nice. I didn't get to see the gym everyone was raving about, but I was told about the mini TVs on each elliptical :) .

evilolive, I think I was talking to you during the prereq review, and you have the extra physio class to take. I was sitting next to you. If you are, hi :)

That was you!? :D Small world!! I knew that if I continued to blab on and on about myself that someone would eventually recognize me from SDN.