You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCSF class of 2019
Started by kies89
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i feel ya uni, i can't plan for the future until this decision comes out :/UGH THE WAIT IS SO AGONIZING. my future is in their hands.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know the average time UCSF will release after UCSD???
You can calculate it if you look at previous years threads, but i don't think its relevant. its just whenever they make their decisionsAnyone know the average time UCSF will release after UCSD???
pretty sure they said "late March" at the interview so I'm trying not to get too anxious until next weekAnyone know the average time UCSF will release after UCSD???
I can't believe all schools don't coordinate this...this is a financial nightmare already. Have to decide putting a non-refundable downpayment on another school by this Wednesday. looks like I'm not going to know about UCSF before then :/
It sucks, but you definitely could have started saving enough money way earlier in the year.I can't believe all schools don't coordinate this...this is a financial nightmare already. Have to decide putting a non-refundable downpayment on another school by this Wednesday. looks like I'm not going to know about UCSF before then :/
YNAB
On April 1st or by April 1st?UCSF said they will let everyone know on April 1st.
Did you call them?
I believe it's "by" April 1. at least, that's what they said at the interview dayOn April 1st or by April 1st?
Did you call them?
ugh
Keep your chins up guys! Just 1-2 more weeks and we'll all know for sure 🙂 Try finding ways to distract yourself and have fun during this time! 🙂
It's been so long that I already forgot how my interview wentKeep your chins up guys! Just 1-2 more weeks and we'll all know for sure 🙂 Try finding ways to distract yourself and have fun during this time! 🙂
Haha that made me laugh! I totally know what you mean though...but it's okay. Everything will workout (fingers crossed)! 🙂It's been so long that I already forgot how my interview went
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe if we're lucky, we'll hear back today. Friday the 13th is lucky right guys?
that would be a total Joel move hahaMaybe if we're lucky, we'll hear back today. Friday the 13th is lucky right guys?
Since I've had some downtime lately (and because I'm freaking out about UCSF still), I went through the past few years' threads on SDN to record dates of first acceptances, waitlist finalization, denials, and notes. I thought I'd share them here.
Of course, the information was collected only from what was mentioned in SDN posts and should in no way be assumed to account for all the data on UCSF Pharm admissions.
(No tables so text only format)
Class of 2018
Application cycle: 2013-2014
First date of acceptance (on SDN): 3.16.14 Sun
Second date of acceptance: 3.18.14 Tues
Third date of acceptance: 3.20.14 Thurs
Fourth date of acceptance: 3.21.14 Fri
(Possible) Fifth date of acceptance: 3.25.14 Tues
Waitlist Notified: 3.24.14 Mon
First date of denial: 3.18.14 Tues
Second date of denial: 3.24.14 Mon
Notes: Email sent from [email protected]
Class of 2017
Application cycle: 2012-2013
First date of acceptance: 3.21.13 Thurs
Second date of acceptance: 3.22.13 Fri
Third date of acceptance: 3.25.13 Mon
Waitlist Notified: 3.25.13 Mon
First date of denial: 3.21.13 Thurs
Second date of denial: 3.25.13 Mon
Class of 2016
Application cycle: 2011-2012
First date of acceptance: 3.07.12 Wed
Second date of acceptance: 3.08.12 Thurs
Third date of acceptance: 3.12.12 Mon
Fourth date of acceptance: 3.15.12 Thurs
Fifth date of acceptance: 3.16.12 Fri
Waitlist Notified: 3.19.12 Mon
First date of denial: 3.07.12 Wed
Second date of denial: 3.15.12 Thurs
Notes: email subject line "UCSF Application Status".
Notes: Acceptance email first line "I am pleased to inform you that..."
Based on the last two application cycles' data, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until more towards next week
Of course, the information was collected only from what was mentioned in SDN posts and should in no way be assumed to account for all the data on UCSF Pharm admissions.
(No tables so text only format)
Class of 2018
Application cycle: 2013-2014
First date of acceptance (on SDN): 3.16.14 Sun
Second date of acceptance: 3.18.14 Tues
Third date of acceptance: 3.20.14 Thurs
Fourth date of acceptance: 3.21.14 Fri
(Possible) Fifth date of acceptance: 3.25.14 Tues
Waitlist Notified: 3.24.14 Mon
First date of denial: 3.18.14 Tues
Second date of denial: 3.24.14 Mon
Notes: Email sent from [email protected]
Class of 2017
Application cycle: 2012-2013
First date of acceptance: 3.21.13 Thurs
Second date of acceptance: 3.22.13 Fri
Third date of acceptance: 3.25.13 Mon
Waitlist Notified: 3.25.13 Mon
First date of denial: 3.21.13 Thurs
Second date of denial: 3.25.13 Mon
Class of 2016
Application cycle: 2011-2012
First date of acceptance: 3.07.12 Wed
Second date of acceptance: 3.08.12 Thurs
Third date of acceptance: 3.12.12 Mon
Fourth date of acceptance: 3.15.12 Thurs
Fifth date of acceptance: 3.16.12 Fri
Waitlist Notified: 3.19.12 Mon
First date of denial: 3.07.12 Wed
Second date of denial: 3.15.12 Thurs
Notes: email subject line "UCSF Application Status".
Notes: Acceptance email first line "I am pleased to inform you that..."
Based on the last two application cycles' data, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until more towards next week
Good stuff Sammael. Also, rejections and denials are probably underreported on this forum.
Looks like the range of days from the first acceptance to the last is 9, according to C/O 2018. Weird how the first one came out on a Sunday though
Looks like the range of days from the first acceptance to the last is 9, according to C/O 2018. Weird how the first one came out on a Sunday though
BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH
Is this a Julius Caesar assassination joke, or a UCSF response?Rejected 🙁
Et tu brute?
Don't worry about it. I don't think you'll be hearing from him for a whileIs this a Julius Caesar assassination joke, or a UCSF response?
I just received a rejection around 1:30pm today 🙁
Good luck to the rest of the applicants!
Sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting us know!
Just got my acceptance actually!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a California resident and I have not heard back yet. I'm not sure why they send out acceptances/denials during a span of a week versus all at once.Are you guys all California residents? I wonder if they send out the in-state acceptances first...
Are you guys all California residents? I wonder if they send out the in-state acceptances first...
I was an out of state applicant and was accepted.
I received my acceptance yesterday. I interviewed on February 6th and am an out of state resident. Best of luck to you all, if not at UCSF, then on your successful training elsewhere, and career as a pharmacist.
Last edited:
I was also just accepted today! I'm in-state and interviewed Feb 6th.
Ditto on what hrunners15 said-- best of luck to all of you!
Ditto on what hrunners15 said-- best of luck to all of you!
Accepted! in-state, Jan 23 interview. hello future pharm phrends
I interviewed on Jan 30th!For those who were accepted, may I ask when your interview days were?
Anyone know when the last day they are going to send out acceptances is?
Waitlist. Good luck everyone.
Edit: I made a thread specifically for everyone who was waitlisted so that we can see the progress of the waitlist and our chances as we wait even longer.
Link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ucsf-waitlist-class-of-2019.1126212/
Edit: I made a thread specifically for everyone who was waitlisted so that we can see the progress of the waitlist and our chances as we wait even longer.
Link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/ucsf-waitlist-class-of-2019.1126212/
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted! Out-of-State. Received Email on 3/16/15 at 2:00PM! Can't wait to start this fall. Is there a Facebook page so we can get know one another!
there is! I'm on my phone so I can't figure out how to link to it but it's called Class of 2019 - UCSF School of Pharmacy...I'm sure it will pop up if you search that name. it's a closed group but the admins seem pretty active about accepting requests to joinAccepted! Out-of-State. Received Email on 3/16/15 at 2:00PM! Can't wait to start this fall. Is there a Facebook page so we can get know one another!
Hi, All. Have you gotten access to the student portal? I am trying to submit the Statement of Legal Residence. The instruction on the websites is "Once you receive a letter from the Office of the Registrar advising you how you can access the student portal, you will be able to submit your Statement of Legal Residence." Do we get the access after the Office of the Registrar receives our $100 registration fee? Thanks.
yes...I think I remember reading somewhere that you must decline other offers within 2 weeks or Ucsf will rescind their acceptance. do it!!Hi, just a quick question
Did everyone already withdraw acceptance from other schools?