-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCSF Class of 2020
Started by Mochi22
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just got an email about an hour ago and my interview is for January 29th! I haven't RSVP'd and what not for it yet, though. Congratulations!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got mine for January 30! 🙂
Does anybody know when do they send out rejection letters ??? Or when is the last day they sent out interview invitations?
I have one friend who just got a rejection email either today or yesterday, and another friend who got an interview invitation at the same time? So I'm not sure how they're doing it exactly!Does anybody know when do they send out rejection letters ??? Or when is the last day they sent out interview invitations?
Taken directly from the UCSF email of application confirmation:
Interviews are by invitation only. Invitations will be e-mailed between mid-November and early-January. All applicants will be notified of their status by January 8, 2016. Status notifications and/or interview invitations and are not all sent at the same time.
Interviews are by invitation only. Invitations will be e-mailed between mid-November and early-January. All applicants will be notified of their status by January 8, 2016. Status notifications and/or interview invitations and are not all sent at the same time.
For those who had to fly in from the SF Airport, how did you travel to campus? Taxi, Uber, car rental?
I've flown into SFO a couple times this past semester. I Ubered from the airport to my friends apartment, which is near UCSF campus. I highly recommend that, it's the cheapest and most convenient option. Also, in San Francisco, they have Uber Pool, which is like a carpool for uber - they pick up multiple people on the way so your fare is cheaper (could be 50% of the price). It may take a few minutes longer, but definitely worth it, so just budget your time! The option for it is at the bottom of the screen on the Uber app.
I've flown into SFO a couple times this past semester. I Ubered from the airport to my friends apartment, which is near UCSF campus. I highly recommend that, it's the cheapest and most convenient option. Also, in San Francisco, they have Uber Pool, which is like a carpool for uber - they pick up multiple people on the way so your fare is cheaper (could be 50% of the price). It may take a few minutes longer, but definitely worth it, so just budget your time! The option for it is at the bottom of the screen on the Uber app.
Thanks for the response! I'd never heard of UberPool before, sounds useful. Consensus seems to be that Uber is the best option for getting around in SanFran.
How is everyone prepping?
@Mochi22 and @kpharm89, how did it go?! 🙂 I'm getting anxious since mine is on Friday, haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought the staff did a great job of putting the interviewees at ease. The day was very well organized. For some reason, I found that I liked UCSF less than I thought I would. I don't think everyone had that experience, though, and I met some really great candidates! Good luck this Friday, and I hope you enjoy it! 🙂@Mochi22 and @kpharm89, how did it go?! 🙂 I'm getting anxious since mine is on Friday, haha.
I thought the staff did a great job of putting the interviewees at ease. The day was very well organized. For some reason, I found that I liked UCSF less than I thought I would. I don't think everyone had that experience, though, and I met some really great candidates! Good luck this Friday, and I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
I had it yesterday not next Friday, haha. But I thought I liked UCSF less than I thought I would too... I had no idea that the campus was so small/compact? I mean but then again it is San Francisco! The day was very well organized though.