UCSF Interviews!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got my rejection letter....gotta start looking for housing around USC

Members don't see this ad.

I am still waiting. What makes the waiting a lot better is knowing that I am in at Purdue which is a very close second choice. I notice a lot of us are in at pharmacy schools -- which is fantastic.:) Also, the fact that we are the last ones to hear -- what ever we hear -- really says something about our qualifications. And actually, all of us to even have had an interview at UCSF says a lot. I hope we all remember that and not just look at this time as a defeat in any way -- but also see it as a triumph that we are a part of this select group that is waiting to hear from UCSF.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still waiting to hear too. It's driving me absolutely crazy, but I have to remember that no news is good news, even if there are only 4 more days left to wait!

It'll just drive me crazy if I end up getting waitlisted for both UCSF and Hawai'i. Then I'd have to wait even longer...sheesh!

Plus since UCSF has tomorrow off because of Cesar Chavez Day, they'll probably be mailing off the rest of the letters today. *bangs head against wall*

I'm still waiting to hear too. It's driving me absolutely crazy, but I have to remember that no news is good news, even if there are only 4 more days left to wait!

It'll just drive me crazy if I end up getting waitlisted for both UCSF and Hawai'i. Then I'd have to wait even longer...sheesh!

Plus since UCSF has tomorrow off because of Cesar Chavez Day, they'll probably be mailing off the rest of the letters today. *bangs head against wall*

Have you gotten into any other pharmacy school? Good luck with UCSF and Hawaii!

I was actually thinking about applying to UCSF again next year. But, I already got into Touro and am currently "on hold" at UOP (please let me in UOP :D)!

So, if everything fails, I'll go to Touro. I am already taking this year off to work full-time as a tech...I don't wanna take another year off.

Good luck to the other UCSF applicants!
Grats on Touro.. hey btw what your did you graduate? I'm spring 07 from uci

good luck to everyone still waiting!!!!!! :):):):):):):):) i'm crossing my fingers for all of you!!!!

Have you gotten into any other pharmacy school? Good luck with UCSF and Hawaii!

I got waitlisted for Creighton Online back in December and would be considered for interviews in May. I had to withdraw from UOP because they wouldn't accept classes that I took from New College (I had a thread on that a couple months ago, but I'm thinking that if I don't get into UCSF or Hawaii this year, I'll retake them at a community college). Touro has my application, but they're "still looking at it and will notify me before May if I'm considered". Considering that 3000 people applied for Touro this year, and haven't heard anything from them since January when my app was completed, I figure I'm hosed.

I figure making a decision between staying here in San Francisco or having to move to Hawai'i won't be a bad decision to make. :D

Am I the only one who still doesn't know yet?!

I drove home straight from work, went to the mailbox...

Nothing. Still nothing!

*sigh* Ok...I'm done ranting. Three more days...Three more frickin' days!

Am I the only one who still doesn't know yet?!

I drove home straight from work, went to the mailbox...

Nothing. Still nothing!

*sigh* Ok...I'm done ranting. Three more days...Three more frickin' days!

Nope...I haven't heard back yet either. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
sigh. has anyone recently recieved any remotely positive news?? lol

now its really time to bite the bullet and rip open that letter when it comes

People are still getting positive news. I just checked the facebook group from c/o 2012 for UCSF and someone from Cal got an acceptance yesterday. That means that they're not only sending out rejections. Hang in there, guys! I feel for you!

Well, I must add myself to those who have gotten rejection letters. Mine came today. I am really OK with it though. As I have stated, I have gotten into Purdue's pharmacy program, and it was a very close second choice. My husband REALLY wanted our family to move there because the amount of land that we can buy with the size of house we can buy is so much MORE than we could ever buy in the east bay areas of the San Fransisco region. The kids were born in New Hamshire where we had 2 acres of land -- and they have missed it since we moved to San Diego. Had I been accepted into UCSF, there would have been a huge choice to make that would have impacted my family's life -- and perhaps not in a positive way at all. My husband and I would have been at odds -- though I believe he would have supported me going to UCSF. Now my way is clear -- and it is a way that is positive for all. Not as much financial stress in living -- and a gentler life for my children. I don't have to make a choice -- it was made for me. And I am in a wonderful pharmacy program and I know from this thread I have some wonderful people joining me!:) I wish those still waiting the best of luck -- and as much peace as possible. I wish the rest of us luck, peace and preserverence in our lives as we continue on.

Got my letter from UCSF today, I'm number 40 on the alternate. I also got a rejection letter from UOP. What a great way to start the weekend.

Officially rejected... it's been fun checking this thread every 4 seconds, but I must retire. Looks like no pharmacy school for me this year (and probably ever). Good luck to everyone else!

my spot is free :cool:

I received my acceptance letter today, however, I am going to UCSD which is my top choice!!

good luck to everyone!

the letter was postmarked the 25th of march, i live in so cal....and my stats are:

3.7 overall
3.6 prepharm
3 years hospital program
3 years research
no pcat
school clubs, med trip to costa rica/nicaragua, peer advising
no direct pharm experience

man getting accepted to 3/3 schools is rough....it was hard to turn down UCSF and USC but I just had to :confused: there is just something about UCSD...

Well, I must add myself to those who have gotten rejection letters. Mine came today. I am really OK with it though. As I have stated, I have gotten into Purdue's pharmacy program, and it was a very close second choice. My husband REALLY wanted our family to move there because the amount of land that we can buy with the size of house we can buy is so much MORE than we could ever buy in the east bay areas of the San Fransisco region. The kids were born in New Hamshire where we had 2 acres of land -- and they have missed it since we moved to San Diego. Had I been accepted into UCSF, there would have been a huge choice to make that would have impacted my family's life -- and perhaps not in a positive way at all. My husband and I would have been at odds -- though I believe he would have supported me going to UCSF. Now my way is clear -- and it is a way that is positive for all. Not as much financial stress in living -- and a gentler life for my children. I don't have to make a choice -- it was made for me. And I am in a wonderful pharmacy program and I know from this thread I have some wonderful people joining me!:) I wish those still waiting the best of luck -- and as much peace as possible. I wish the rest of us luck, peace and preserverence in our lives as we continue on.

aww sorry to hear about ucsf.. but we will be classmates in purdue!! :):):):):):) (where do you think you and your family will be living?) ok take care and I will see you next year!:):)

I got waitlisted too...and I set up a new thread for us UCSF Waitlisters.

I'm just glad I know, though that means I'm still waiting for my top two choices since I got waitlisted for both here and Hawai'i. @#$#@$%...

aww sorry to hear about ucsf.. but we will be classmates in purdue!! :):):):):):) (where do you think you and your family will be living?) ok take care and I will see you next year!:):)
Thanks -- I have no idea exactly where we will live -- but somewhere where there is some land and the kids can play. Probably it will be in West Lafayette. I will see you in the fall!:):)

Thanks -- I have no idea exactly where we will live -- but somewhere where there is some land and the kids can play. Probably it will be in West Lafayette. I will see you in the fall!:):)

aww ok see you in the fall!!!!! :):):):):):)

I finally got a letter today and it said I was accepted... No more racing home to the mailbox and constantly checking this forum! :oops:

Here are my stats:
Out of State (I am from Hawaii)
cGPA: 3.76
sGPA: 3.65
1.5 year experience in a compounding pharmacy
I am in various clubs on campus and am the VP of the prepharm club

A part of my has been waiting for this letter since I knew i wanted to be a pharmacist. But, I am going to decline my acceptance. I don't think UCSF is the right place for me. I love the city and the people but for some reason it seemed like an awkward fit for me. I have to go with my instinct on this one and I am confident in my choice to decline their acceptance. So to those on the waitlist I gladly give my seat to you. I hope you have fun and no matter where any of us go we will be doing what we want to do, helping others as pharmacists.

It has been fun and getting to meet others in the same position creates a strong bond. Class of 2012 is going to rock!!!:cool:

I finally got a letter today and it said I was accepted... No more racing home to the mailbox and constantly checking this forum! :oops:

Here are my stats:

A part of my has been waiting for this letter since I knew i wanted to be a pharmacist. But, I am going to decline my acceptance. I don't think UCSF is the right place for me. I love the city and the people but for some reason it seemed like an awkward fit for me. I have to go with my instinct on this one and I am confident in my choice to decline their acceptance. So to those on the waitlist I gladly give my seat to you. I hope you have fun and no matter where any of us go we will be doing what we want to do, helping others as pharmacists.

It has been fun and getting to meet others in the same position creates a strong bond. Class of 2012 is going to rock!!!:cool:

Well, at least you know that UCSF isn't going to work for you, and good luck wherever you decide to go. Did you apply to Hawai'i-Hilo too?

My main problem is that I like both UCSF and Hawai'i. I wasn't too sure about Hilo until I went there, and I could honestly see myself at either campus, so it really sucks. I'm staying on both waitlists, plus I'm on another waitlist (Creighton online), and supposedly waiting to hear from Touro, but at this point, I'm really not holding my breath for them.

I guess I'm supposed to learn all about being patient this year. Argh!

Well, at least you know that UCSF isn't going to work for you, and good luck wherever you decide to go. Did you apply to Hawai'i-Hilo too?

My main problem is that I like both UCSF and Hawai'i. I wasn't too sure about Hilo until I went there, and I could honestly see myself at either campus, so it really sucks. I'm staying on both waitlists, plus I'm on another waitlist (Creighton online), and supposedly waiting to hear from Touro, but at this point, I'm really not holding my breath for them.

I guess I'm supposed to learn all about being patient this year. Argh!

I didnt take the PCAT. So i couldnt apply to Hilo.

got my rejection yesterday...

Hi guys!! I got my waitlist letter today- #25. I'm going to decline though, so that's one spot gone :) Now I just have to decide between UCSD and Michigan. Thanks for all the good obsessing guys- it's been enjoyable!!

got my rejection yesterday...
I am sorry to hear that because I know UCSF was your first choice.:( But, I am very glad that I will be seeing you in the fall.:):) Here is to the class of 2012 at Purdue!:D

Here are my stats:

Congratulations mrpatricky on your accomplishment!:luck: But I am curious -- what pharmacy program are you going to go to? Also kudos to you for knowing what you want and what feels right for you. You are definitely right -- all the classes of 2012 ARE going to ROCK!!:hardy:

I still haven't heard!!!! Is anyone else still waiting? Should I call on Monday?

llgordon, if you don't mind, where are you located? I ask because it took 3 days since the postmark date that I received my letter. My letter was also postmarked the day after it was dated, so overall, it was dated on a Monday, and received on a Friday. I live in San Diego.

I'm not sure if the April 1 deadline means everything dated by April 1, everything postmarked by April 1, or everyone should receive something by April 1. However, I've heard that people located farther away from San Francisco have received their mail after April 1 in the past.

Waitlisted ... :D or :(? only time will tell

llgordon, if you don't mind, where are you located? I ask because it took 3 days since the postmark date that I received my letter. My letter was also postmarked the day after it was dated, so overall, it was dated on a Monday, and received on a Friday. I live in San Diego.

I'm not sure if the April 1 deadline means everything dated by April 1, everything postmarked by April 1, or everyone should receive something by April 1. However, I've heard that people located farther away from San Francisco have received their mail after April 1 in the past.

I'm in Los Angeles. I don't feel like it should take that long to mail something from SF to LA. Maybe the PO lost my letter weeks ago, and I will call on April 1 and they'll give me good news!!!! (Wishful thinking) :oops:

Hi everyone, yay, i got in:), i honestly though the letter would never come.
I have a few questions i'd like to get answered....1). should we be signing up for housing now or wait for the school to send us information? 2). do you recommend bringing a car? 3). when does physical chemistry start and would it be helpful to review some o-chem during the summer?
Thanks for all your help!:)

I have a car, but I also have an assigned parking spot. I think it depends on where you live and how easy it is to find street parking. I really like having my car though.

P chem starts in the fall (thermodynamics) and ends in the winter (kinetics).

O chem is winter quarter, so I would not bother reviewing now (or ever).

If I remember correctly, UCSF will mail off all of their decisions by the 1st, so it's totally likely that people will be getting their letters by the end of next week. I got my letter on the 28th, and it was postmarked on the 27th, with the letter dated on the 26th.

Good luck to everybody still waiting!

If I remember correctly, UCSF will mail off all of their decisions by the 1st, so it's totally likely that people will be getting their letters by the end of next week. I got my letter on the 28th, and it was postmarked on the 27th, with the letter dated on the 26th.

Good luck to everybody still waiting!

But don't we have to let UCSF know if we are attending by April 6th? If we don't receive a letter until the end of next week, that sure isn't much time...unless of course it's a rejection. Then I guess there's no need to let them know. :(

But don't we have to let UCSF know if we are attending by April 6th? If we don't receive a letter until the end of next week, that sure isn't much time...unless of course it's a rejection. Then I guess there's no need to let them know. :(

On my waitlist letter, I had two weeks from the date the letter was printed to make the decision, so I'm assuming that it should be the same for people who get accepted. At least you only pay $100 to reserve your spot for UCSF...

April 6 is what I heard if you got into both UCSD/UCSF. They don't want you holding both spots past that date, from what I hear.

OK, thanks everyone. I hope you're all right, and I still have a shot. Although I am accepted at UCSD, so if they don't want me holding both spots past April 6th, they better hurry! I just want this wait to be over. I think I checked my mailbox 6 times on Saturday...my mailman came unusually late.