UCSF Interviews!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone received acceptances this week? or are they going to come in wednesday-saturday like usual?:)

Members don't see this ad.

Not to be rude but I'm hoping some of you aren't my future class mates by the sights and sounds of this thread. Listen if you get in you get, if you don't you just weren't good nuff. Suck it up and stop complaining!:thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey UCSFHerEICome,
.......................................Congratulations for getting accepted!..............................

hey..viva yoda

my letter wasn't licked either! i thought it was weird too, maybe they're just being health or something. either way, congrats!

hey..viva yoda

my letter wasn't licked either! i thought it was weird too, maybe they're just being health or something. either way, congrats!

haha, yeah. at first i thought someone at the post office was trying to peek! congrats to you too!

LOL.....UCSF applicants are awsome. It only took 30min for someone to catch on to that. So here is my reasoning that has been haunting my thoughts since two days ago when I stumbled on to this. On the UCSF pharmacy school website it says that all applicants must inform the school of their intent to accept the offer of admission by April 6th or their spot will be given away. No big deal right? .........Well, shortly after seeing this, I was looking on the directory page for UCSF on pharmCAS and noticed that it says that all acceptees will be given 14 days to respond to their acceptance letter or have their spot given away. Call me crazy, but it seems as though this implies that the last acceptance letters will be recieved by the 22nd. .......Now I know that this is a flimsy argument, but the thought has been pleagueing me for a while, thus I was hoping that someone would counter it with a better arguement and give me some hope.

P.S. This is referring only to 1st round acceptances, not waitlisters and so on.

So, I could definitely be wrong about this, but last year, the deal was that if you applied to BOTH UCSF AND UCSD, you must make your decision between the 2 schools by April 6th. If you ONLY applied to UCSF, you have 14 days. I think this is intended for people who receive letters far in advance of April 6th and need time to mull their decision over between the 2 UC programs. Once it gets to be less than 2 weeks before April 6th, that kinda sucks.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about this. I didn't check the site and haven't finished reading all the posts on the board yet.

i still have not heard back yet either.. =( good luck to those still waiting!

Someone go ahead and add me to the "Really-wants-to-hear-back-and-is-getting-somewhat-frustrated-at-why-its-taking-so-long-to-hear-back-when-other-people-have-already-heard-back list"

I haven't heard back either. Interviewed on Feb. 8. The wait is torture. I've got some other options on the table, but I was really hoping I would know by now if UCSF was also on the menu. I check the mail and this forum more than is healthy! AAAHHHH!!!!!!

Someone go ahead and add me to the "Really-wants-to-hear-back-and-is-getting-somewhat-frustrated-at-why-its-taking-so-long-to-hear-back-when-other-people-have-already-heard-back list"

:thumbup:: Awsome!......sign me up for that list lol!

First off, I want to say that I understand why all of you feel the way you do, but for those of you who are already accepted into one or multiple schools: think about this. I applied to many schools (all of them in california) and only recieved one interview. Needless to say, I am fortunate that my only interview was at UCSF (my top choice), but think about how stressful it is for people in my situation. My first and only interview was at the hardest school to get into, and now I am here every day, trying to study for my finals, stressing out about my future, thinking about how I performed, ect. I have no back up, just one shot at my dreams.

Bottom line.....to anyone in my situation, I feel your pain.

Members don't see this ad :)
i realize that many of you have posted else where. but simplicity (read: im lazy) sake can you list when you interviewed and little about yourself if you'd like...

(my reasoning: although they say its random. i doubt its truly random. there has to some type of correlation between all of us.)

Feb 8th 11:30AM
3.45/3.7
Applied to only SD and SF. Interviewed at both. Rejected from SD

lol.....awsome response.

By the way.....where did you go to school if you don't mind?

@Tank
whew thats one more spot for me...O_O lol jk.

but honestly. at this point. anything goes
you can tell by my frivioulous attempt of compiling data to find a pattern in randomness

I am of the oppinion tht GPA's matter very little. E.C.'s , letters, Essays, and interviews carry much more weight. If you think you stuck your int's then you should have no worries until maybe sat.

so good luck

I am of the oppinion tht GPA's matter very little. E.C.'s , letters, Essays, and interviews carry much more weight. If you think you stuck your int's then you should have no worries until maybe sat.

so good luck

lol tank. im just kidding.
esp with ucsf, its all about the whole package

lol....Yeah, I know, it prob. would sound alot more reassuring and carry a lot more weight comming from someone who has gotten accepted. .........But what can I say? ......I like to preach.....lol

i realize that many of you have posted else where. but simplicity (read: im lazy) sake can you list when you interviewed and little about yourself if you'd like...

(my reasoning: although they say its random. i doubt its truely random. there has to some type of correlation between all of us.)

Feb 8th 11:30AM
3.45/3.7
Applied to only SD and SF. Interviewed at both. Rejected from SD

I totally agree. It is not as "random" as Joel said. There must be some correlation among all of us!!!!!

And, here is my stat:

Applied to UCSD and UCSF; interviewed at both; but rejected from UCSD... :scared::scared:

UCSF interview: Feb 15, 11:30 am

cGPA: 3.5
sGPA: 3.6
UCD Class of 2006
Research: 2 years; Pharmacy experience: 6 months (volunteered); Tutor: 2 years; and some other E.C....

lol tank. im just kidding.
esp with ucsf, its all about the whole package

Catchsomezz,
I'm sorry........I think you miss interpreted my post. I wasn't being deffensive about my GPA. I was just trying to reassure you that there is still time left to be accepted and that looking for correlations between those of us that have not gotten accepted is silly. Sorry if you thought I was being pithy.

I also meant that if we got an interview to UCSF we all must be good applicants. And if we are to try and find parallels between us with the intent of discovering why we haven't been accepted yet, it would make more sense to look beyond our GPA's to the rest of our files for correlations.

-sorry again

I guess I kinda feel "old" compared to you guys. Interviewed Jan 25.

I totally agree. It is not as "random" as Joel said. There must be some correlation among all of us!!!!!

And, here is my stat:

Applied to UCSD and UCSF; interviewed at both; but rejected from UCSD... :scared::scared:

UCSF interview: Feb 15, 11:30 am

cGPA: 3.5
sGPA: 3.6
UCD Class of 2006
Research: 2 years; Pharmacy experience: 6 months (volunteered); Tutor: 2 years; and some other E.C....

Has anyone been waitlisted so far? I would guess if nothing shows up in my mailbox by this weekend, I will be placed on the waitlist. omg I'm so close to the UCs but not quite...any thoughts?:scared:

The waitlist moved 6 spots last year, just FYI. So if you are put on the list, it's not totally the end of the world.

I'm getting a bad feeling that those of us who haven't heard back yet are going to be waitlisted. Maybe I'm just freaking myself out, but this doesn't seem good.

Not to be rude but I'm hoping some of you aren't my future class mates by the sights and sounds of this thread. Listen if you get in you get, if you don't you just weren't good nuff. Suck it up and stop complaining!:thumbdown:

It amazes me that someone got in to UCSF that is unable to empathize with those who have not yet -- and may not. Being tolerant and empathetic towards others' feelings is a big part of being a pharmacist. Personally, I would rather have as classmates the individuals who have shared their feelings openly and honestly than someone who tells others if they don't get in, "you just weren't good nuff. Suck it up and stop complaining!" I think UCSF missed something with you. You must have covered well.

i didnt hear back today :(:( we only have 2 more days..!! lets pray for good news!!!!:):):)

It amazes me that someone got in to UCSF that is unable to empathize with those who have not yet -- and may not. Being tolerant and empathetic towards others' feelings is a big part of being a pharmacist. Personally, I would rather have as classmates the individuals who have shared their feelings openly and honestly than someone who tells others if they don't get in, "you just weren't good nuff. Suck it up and stop complaining!" I think UCSF missed something with you. You must have covered well.

YES!!,
I really .....really wanted to set him straight but for karma or who knows what elses sake I decided to be the bigger man and compliment him (you know....act like a pharmacist until I hear back), but I am so happy someone finally said something!

Props.

But no (expressmail) I didn't hear any news today. :(

My mother brought up a good point though. This is the first year that they
interviewed 380 people and on top of that, it is probably the first time that the final decisions are being made on the weak before easter sunday (usually easter sunday happens 2 wks into april). This means that it is very possible that they may take longer than in previous years to inform all of the applicants of their decisions. More decisions/more mail room competitiveness (easter cards) than in previous years.

In short, I am disheartened a little, but I maintain hope.

Oh, and congrats expressmail. If that is where you end up, you will have a chance to meet my good friend Futurepharmdee

I have recently started reading this thread on a daily basis. I have also been waiting to hear back from UCSF for what seems like eternity. Everyone I know has already heard back and gotten in.

But it's good to know that I'm not alone and am not the only one stalking the USPS truck everyday. Hang in there everyone!

Has anyone been waitlisted so far? I would guess if nothing shows up in my mailbox by this weekend, I will be placed on the waitlist. omg I'm so close to the UCs but not quite...any thoughts?:scared:

hey! I haven't heard of anyone being waitlisted so far.. let's hope we hear back by this weekended! =) good luck!!:)

Hi All,

I am one of those waiting to hear as well.

There needs to be some structure or pattern to the letters. I would say:
1-They send out acceptances first, then waitlist and rejections later, but there is one individual on page 7 of this thread that claims he/she got a rejection earlier this month
2-They go by interview date order--but I'm a Jan 25th-er and Februariers have already heard back
3-It's random--but you would expect such a distinguished university to have some sort of process for handling their admissions to cut costs and save time.

Either way, good luck to everyone as we approach the final week...

There needs to be some structure or pattern to the letters. I would say:
1-They send out acceptances first, then waitlist and rejections later, but there is one individual on page 7 of this thread that claims he/she got a rejection earlier this month
2-They go by interview date order--but I'm a Jan 25th-er and Februariers have already heard back
3-It's random--but you would expect such a distinguished university to have some sort of process for handling their admissions to cut costs and save time.

Either way, good luck to everyone as we approach the final week...

Hey! I actually know someone who also received a rejection letter during the first week acceptance/rejections were sent out.. and earlier in the thread I read of some others receiving rejection letters.. so don't lose hope!:)

Even being a student here has given me very little insight as to how the process works (that'll be third year I guess...) but I have a few hunches that I'll go ahead and share with you all:

-Firstly, I'm pretty sure they send out letters in "waves", meaning they send out letters to the highest ranked individuals and wait to hear back from them before they send out another "wave". These batches also include rejections.
-Secondly, the order in which they send out the letters is random, ie. it is NOT based on your interview date. I honestly think it just depends on who is the final reviewer of your file (some faculty are busier than others) and how high you're "ranked".

So basically what I'm trying to say is if you haven't heard back yet, don't think all is lost, it just means you weren't ranked as high. And as a disclaimer, my hunches could be totally wrong...they're just a result of what I've seen/heard in the past 6 months. I guess I'll know if Joel comes to find me and tells me to shut my mouth :p (Hi JG!)

I know how agonizing it can be but seriously, try not to stress yourself out too much. There's absolutely nothing you can do to sway the decision now. Good luck!

I got the letter yesterday.

Guess what? It was an acceptance letter. :rolleyes: I almost lost hope (and patience), so I changed from checking mailbox twice a day to once every 2 days. The wait was so long that I somewhat convinced myself that I was going to USC next year. Now I'm trying to adjust my thought to "going to UCSF next year" :laugh:

Interviewed on 2/15
Letter dated on 3/17
Postmarked on 3/18
Received on 3/20

I interviewed on the very last day, 2/15, yet the wait felt endless. I know how hard it must be for those from January interviews. Still, don't stress tooooo much. What has to come WILL come. I was like "whatever" when I opened the mailbox today and got pleasantly surprised.

I got the letter yesterday.

Guess what? It was an acceptance letter. :rolleyes: I almost lost hope (and patience), so I changed from checking mailbox twice a day to once every 2 days. The wait was so long that I somewhat convinced myself that I was going to USC next year. Now I'm trying to adjust my thought to "going to UCSF next year" :laugh:

Interviewed on 2/15
Letter dated on 3/17
Postmarked on 3/18
Received on 3/20

I interviewed on the very last day, 2/15, yet the wait felt endless. I know how hard it must be for those from January interviews. Still, don't stress tooooo much. What has to come WILL come. I was like "whatever" when I opened the mailbox today and got pleasantly surprised.

what a pleasant surprise! congratulations!

Congratulations SPharmN!!!! See you in the fall!

For those still waiting, I know it is ridiculously stressful, but I hope you all hear some good news soon!

Will not comment or check this forum anymore until I get a letter. I advise everyone to do the same.

Even being a student here has given me very little insight as to how the process works (that'll be third year I guess...) but I have a few hunches that I'll go ahead and share with you all:

-Firstly, I'm pretty sure they send out letters in "waves", meaning they send out letters to the highest ranked individuals and wait to hear back from them before they send out another "wave". These batches also include rejections.
-Secondly, the order in which they send out the letters is random, ie. it is NOT based on your interview date. I honestly think it just depends on who is the final reviewer of your file (some faculty are busier than others) and how high you're "ranked".

So basically what I'm trying to say is if you haven't heard back yet, don't think all is lost, it just means you weren't ranked as high. And as a disclaimer, my hunches could be totally wrong...they're just a result of what I've seen/heard in the past 6 months. I guess I'll know if Joel comes to find me and tells me to shut my mouth :p (Hi JG!)

I know how agonizing it can be but seriously, try not to stress yourself out too much. There's absolutely nothing you can do to sway the decision now. Good luck!
Thanks Zwigglez, I definitely think you are on to something here. I've been thinking about this for a while and I believe they do it in waves. They pick the best and worst first, sending out acceptance and rejection letters. They see who declines. Then they send out another wave and go through the same process. Then a third wave, fourth... That is probably why we see acceptances from all the interview dates and acceptances from those of out of state. When the final waves have been completed is when the wait list letters will probably start to appear. I think it isn't a bad sign that we are still waiting -- definitely better than being part of the rejection waves. And... well... I am not sure that is completely over. I am really not sure of anything as regards this process. But, my mind has a lovely way of spending time when it is faced with not being able to KNOW and is anxious. I am sure you can relate. The best of luck to all of us over the next few days -- and up to April 1.