Quantcast

UCSF Interviews!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chloe 21

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks Zwigglez, I definitely think you are on to something here. I've been thinking about this for a while and I believe they do it in waves. They pick the best and worst first, sending out acceptance and rejection letters. They see who declines. Then they send out another wave and go through the same process. Then a third wave, fourth... That is probably why we see acceptances from all the interview dates and acceptances from those of out of state. When the final waves have been completed is when the wait list letters will probably start to appear. I think it isn't a bad sign that we are still waiting -- definitely better than being part of the rejection waves. And... well... I am not sure that is completely over. I am really not sure of anything as regards this process. But, my mind has a lovely way of spending time when it is faced with not being able to KNOW and is anxious. I am sure you can relate. The best of luck to all of us over the next few days -- and up to April 1.

hehe that is a GOOD speculation to how letters are sent out... how many people do you think actually decline their acceptance to UCSF? I mean i read about a few on this thread.. but overall.. probably not too many right?

happycow

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my acceptance letter.

Dated: 03/17/08
Postmarked: 03/18/08
Received: 03/21/08

I live in San Diego, so all of you so-calers and San Diegans should check your mail today! Good luck to those of you that are still waiting!

Chloe 21

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

I live in San Diego, so all of you so-calers and San Diegans should check your mail today! Good luck to those of you that are still waiting!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

boxdesker

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think my parents are going to put me up for adoption if I keep calling them to ask if my letter has arrived yet.

Jan 25 interview--still no word.
:thumbdown:

Pharm Buddy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think my parents are going to put me up for adoption if I keep calling them to ask if my letter has arrived yet.

Jan 25 interview--still no word.
:thumbdown:

Don't worry about calling your parents! They do understand!! I am also doing the same thing every day! I know that my parents are tired of me calling them around the same time every day and asking the same question.. I am actually very tired of doing the same thing every day and losing hope in this never-ended waiting game. But well, this is a part of life. :laugh:

Thank you for those who keep encouraging us (people who are still waiting) to hang in there (I am trying...), especially the current UCSF students... No matter what the result will turn out to be, I will not forget those encouraging and cheering posts from you guys... :)

Pharm Buddy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Congratulations!!!!! :D:D

happycow

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for their congratulatory remarks! I hope everyone will hear soon... it's definitely been an agonizing process. Time has never felt as slow as it had since my interview (which was on 2/2).

Boxdesker, I totally understand... I drove my roommate absolutely crazy during this entire process. I'd have class during the day and she at night, so I'd constantly IM/call her to check the mail for me every day, because I couldn't even wait THAT long to go home to check it myself. =P

llgordon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Congratulations! BTW, I love your member name!!!

Chloe 21

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
oh no i didn't hear back today =( that isn't good news =(

Chloe 21

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
no im from northern california.. =( yes lets pray for tomorrow..!

Pharm Buddy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Still nothing from UCSF.... Perhaps, it is a good thing. (No news = good news) At least, no rejection letter yet... :rolleyes:

Chloe 21

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Still nothing from UCSF.... Perhaps, it is a good thing. (No news = good news) At least, no rejection letter yet... :rolleyes:

I haven't heard back yet either Pharm Buddy.. but for sure we will know by next week! =)

mudfish512

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm currently living on the east coast. received my letter on Thursday. they really don't give us much time to decide.

would there happen to be any current students on this forum? i'd like to ask some last minute questions about the school, if possible.
anyone know of any contacts?

Chloe 21

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations mudfish! I'm soo happy to hear you have been accepted!:)

AggiePharmer

Pharmatoxicogenomicist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats mudfish, and here's hoping that the rest of you find out soon! At least the anxiety for everyone will be over in a little more than a week!

:eek: EEEK!

ExpressMaiL

alea iacta est
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
12 more hours till' the mail arrives...

Just kidding. Whatever the outcome, it has been a very interesting ride. My next post here will be the decision! Best of luck.

lilmunchkin2003

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Just kidding. Whatever the outcome, it has been a very interesting ride. My next post here will be the decision! Best of luck.

the letters.. they are coming tomorrow!?! omg GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!!!:):)

Chloe 21

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

soo nerve wracking!

PharmFan

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i felt that same way! lets hope for the best!! *fingers crossed* :D

Thanks! Yes, we are in the final week I guess. We should hear something, it would seem. Good luck to all of us! It is definitely nerve wracking and wearing.

Pharm Buddy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My rejection finally came... :(:(:(
Oh, well.... I guess the only thing I can do now is to re-evaluate myself and improve my weaknesses.... and then apply again in the next cycle... I will definitely apply to UCSF again! So, UCSF, Wait for me!! haha...

For those who got in, Congratulations again, you guys are awesome!! For those who got rejected like me, don't lose hope, because there is always next year! For those who are still anxiously waiting, BEST of LUCK to you!! :):)

mrpatricky

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Pharm Buddy,
Way to stay positive. I like your attitude and I am sure you will a top candidate next year. So keep you chin up high... you made it this far you might as well keep pushing yourself forward. As for me, I have yet to receive any letter. I just want to know! Your attitude alone shows that you will be a great pharmacist!

lilmunchkin2003

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My rejection finally came... :(:(:(
Oh, well.... I guess the only thing I can do now is to re-evaluate myself and improve my weaknesses.... and then apply again in the next cycle... I will definitely apply to UCSF again! So, UCSF, Wait for me!! haha...

For those who got in, Congratulations again, you guys are awesome!! For those who got rejected like me, don't lose hope, because there is always next year! For those who are still anxiously waiting, BEST of LUCK to you!! :):)

I'm so sorry:( But i LOVE your positive attitude!!!! :)Best of luck to you in the future!!! :):) YOU WILL MAKE AN AWESOME PHARMACIST! :)

Chloe 21

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard back today?! does anyone know if this batch is going to be mostly rejection and waitlist letters?! or some acceptances too?

catchsomezz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone heard back today?! does anyone know if this batch is going to be mostly rejection and waitlist letters?! or some acceptances too?

like you said. by the end of this week, we should all know.
(hopefully, to make you feel better) there is literally nothing you can do more to improve your chances. the result has been printed on the piece of paper and (hopefully) is in the mailman's car :). just sit back and enjoy your spring break and watch a movie!

[dare i recommend jumper. its a fun movie. not exactly thought-provoking (unless you try to count all the plot loop holes) but really entertaining]

Pharm Buddy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Pharm Buddy,
Way to stay positive. I like your attitude and I am sure you will a top candidate next year. So keep you chin up high... you made it this far you might as well keep pushing yourself forward. As for me, I have yet to receive any letter. I just want to know! Your attitude alone shows that you will be a great pharmacist!

Thanks!! :):)
Yeah, I am actually glad that the wait was over for me, at least for my top choices. This waiting period was surely the toughest time in life, and I surely learned something from it too. Anyway, and again -- good luck!

PharmCal05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting from the bay area - just called home and found out that nothing from ucsf shows up. good luck to you all

catchsomezz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:( that means theres nothing for me tomorrow.

minus bump for prolonged anticipation

lilmunchkin2003

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i received my rejection letter in the mail today:(:( good luck to everyone else still waiting!!!!!:):):):)

PharmCal05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear that lilmunchkin2003 - but since you've gotten into Purdue, you must've had great stats! I wish you the best of luck in your future! Will you be attending Purdue?

p.s. I guess I'm also expecting a rejection letter soon

lilmunchkin2003

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear that lilmunchkin2003 - but since you've gotten into Purdue, you must've had great stats! I wish you the best of luck in your future! Will you be attending Purdue?

p.s. I guess I'm also expecting a rejection letter soon

aww thanks yes I will be attending Purdue in the fall:):) I wish you the best of LUCK!!! I HOPE YOU GET IN!!!!! Chin up!!! =) =) GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):)

PharmFan

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i received my rejection letter in the mail today:(:( good luck to everyone else still waiting!!!!!:):):):)
I am sorry to hear that Lilmunchkin.:( I am glad though that you are going to be at Purdue in the fall.:):) I am still waiting to hear -- and may very well be one of your classmates at Purdue. You are such a supportive person here on the forum. I would consider myself very lucky to be one of your classmates.:)

lilmunchkin2003

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that Lilmunchkin.:( I am glad though that you are going to be at Purdue in the fall.:):) I am still waiting to hear -- and may very well be one of your classmates at Purdue. You are such a supportive person here on the forum. I would consider myself very lucky to be one of your classmates.:)

awww you are toooooo sweet!! Thank you sooo much for your kind words!!!!! :):) It really really really makes me feel better!!! :):) aww if you go to Purdue that would be great!!! But I wish you the best for UCSF!!! I hope you get in!!!!:):) Best of luck and thank you sooo much!!!

boxdesker

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing I should probably be expecting a rejection the next couple days then.... nothing yet.

anteater07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
aww I'm so sorry to hear about this :(:( I too was rejected.. but don;t worry.. there is always next year!!! =) =) take care!!!

I was actually thinking about applying to UCSF again next year. But, I already got into Touro and am currently "on hold" at UOP (please let me in UOP :D)!

So, if everything fails, I'll go to Touro. I am already taking this year off to work full-time as a tech...I don't wanna take another year off.

Good luck to the other UCSF applicants!

lilmunchkin2003

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about applying to UCSF again next year. But, I already got into Touro and am currently "on hold" at UOP (please let me in UOP :D)!

So, if everything fails, I'll go to Touro. I am already taking this year off to work full-time as a tech...I don't wanna take another year off.

Good luck to the other UCSF applicants!

That's GREAT NEWS!!:):) CONGRATULATIONS ON TOURO!!! and i hope you get into UOP! =):):):):) let us know how it works out for you! take care!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.