UCSF Supplemental Last Call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nah, they've got my PharmCAS.. but I'm out of state and just realized I need to send a high school transcript.

Members don't see this ad.

Nah, they've got my PharmCAS.. but I'm out of state and just realized I need to send a high school transcript.

O, you're not getting your bachelor's?

I will be getting my degree in May 2009, but they need a HS transcript since I don't have it by Nov 3.

Blast! With my average GPA I was really starting to like the sounds of SF because I know they look past that and really determine who wants to be there and be a pharmacist.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be getting my degree in May 2009, but they need a HS transcript since I don't have it by Nov 3.

Blast! With my average GPA I was really starting to like the sounds of SF because I know they look past that and really determine who wants to be there and be a pharmacist.

Really? You have to? Did you try to fill out the answers on form E? It will prompt you if you have to send a HS transcript or not. From what I know, you don't need to send one.

Also, UCSF is a CA public school, so consider that you still have to be rather exceptional to vie for a spot NOT reserved for a CA resident. Having said that, I liked your motivation. All the best, hope you get your app in the mail.

Yeah, I did that and unfortunately I have to because I don't currently have my degree and I have not taken a full term at any University of California school.

I was planning on calling UCSF immediately at 8 am, but then my mom reminded me that it'll be 5 am on the West Coast at that time. It is 1:45 am here right now, what time is it over there?

EDIT: They specifically say that residency doesn't matter. But it is a little disheartening that only about 10% of the class tends to be out-of-state so I know what you mean.

EDIT: They specifically say that residency doesn't matter. But it is a little disheartening that only about 10% of the class tends to be out-of-state so I know what you mean.

I learned from going to their workshop that you can't look at the admitted stats without also considering their applicant pool. (so in this case, what if only 5% of their pool was out-of-state and they admitted 10% of their class is out-of-state.) It's likely they don't get a lot of out-of-state applicants so they don't have a lot of non-Californian's in their admitted class. Not sure. Just something to think about.

Yup, residency is not a factor at all in making their decision. It says on their website but I remember calling in person when I was applying and asking about that since it was a concern. The only reason why there are so few out-of-staters is because the majority of applications they get are from CA residents and the numbers are a representation of that. Good luck everyone!

I think the human condition question was Mary Ann Koda Kimble's idea. Ha, ha, or at least that's what she told us. I wish all of you luck, especially you Cheberushka! Shortly after turning in my applications I was scared I might have gotten the UCSF one mixed up with the UOP one when I mailed it. I was really rushed, and I was turning them in Nov. 1st, and giving them a final grammar check at the post office. I actually brought white-out with me in case I found any final errors, which I did :p Everything turned out okay in the end though.

Thanks so much for you well wishes Chibipinkbunny and Expressmail ! I am going to admissions office tomorrow to personally drop off my application to ensure good luck. ;)

I have been in this dreamy walking-on-clouds sort of mood for the past several days because I've worked so hard on this application for weeks to ensure that is just perfect and I honestly think the supplemental essays I've written are probably the best essays I've written in my entire life. I see a drastic almost shocking difference in my application from this year and last year. I've never wanted anything more badly than to get into this school and I've worked intensely hard to make sure it is immediately apparent in my application. :luck:

Yeah, I did that and unfortunately I have to because I don't currently have my degree and I have not taken a full term at any University of California school.

I was planning on calling UCSF immediately at 8 am, but then my mom reminded me that it'll be 5 am on the West Coast at that time. It is 1:45 am here right now, what time is it over there?

Wow I didn't believe you and had to see for myself. :p I'm surprised that was an issue. It doesn't make too much sense with the exception that high school students who are accepted to a UC or CSU have met certain requirements in their education to be accepted. Other than that, it seems like red-tape.

It's 11PM.

I'm submitting my supplemental today (deadline date) =P What's the best way to send it by mail (certified, express, etc)? Suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be doing priority mail. Some people say that Certified / anything that requires a signature is not good because there might not be someone able to sign upon delivery, and it would slow down the whole process.

If I am not doing any of Form C, do I have to print out and send the blank form?

Hi XO,

I am pretty sure you do not have to include a blank form if you are not filling out form C as it is optional.

Thanks for the response, sprinkle. I really appreciate it. :)

if i drop my mail in by 11:59pm today, will it be postmarked today?

No sorry. You gotta get it to the people at the post office before it closes to get it postmarked today. If I'm not mistaken.

can anyone answer this question? today i woke up and i remembered i forgot to send in my AP scores :( so i called ETS right away and they said that it won't be mailed out till 7 days later... on UCSF site is said it has to be postmarked by today....SO is this bad news? does it mean i didn't send in my AP scores on time? sigh* i missed one stupid stupid stupid mistake :( totally screwed up :(

Are these AP scores for classes that count for your pre-requisites?

If yes, I think it is bad news. But might as well send them if it's not too pricey, you never know. Especially if you've already sent out the rest of your application.

yea...supposedly it was for calculus I..but...i replaced it with like calc II (math20b), and calc III? (math20C).... the admissions office didn't say much other than i didn't follow directions...ahah..bad news. sigh*

anyone know the application fee, is it $60? I don't see it anywhere on the application. Thanks.

I just handed in my application to Eric personally, feels amazing. :love:

can anyone answer this question? today i woke up and i remembered i forgot to send in my AP scores :( so i called ETS right away and they said that it won't be mailed out till 7 days later... on UCSF site is said it has to be postmarked by today....SO is this bad news? does it mean i didn't send in my AP scores on time? sigh* i missed one stupid stupid stupid mistake :( totally screwed up :(

i am really sorry to hear that..

when i called, i was told that ucsf will not accept AP scores after the Nov 3 deadline.. so i scrambled to get that done knowing that the college board takes FOREVER (at least 3 weeks) processing and sending your scores especially if they are archived meaning that they are at least 4 years old. you might want to call them and make sure but that is what i was told.. good luck..

I missed the boat for UCSF. I thought the supplemental could be submitted electronically. :(

some close at 9pm (12est)
Wow, really? If that's so... Start driving, guys! :p Nothing like that exists within surface streets of where I live...

Collegeboard can rush your scores, it doesn't take weeks. For $25 they send it out within 2 days. I do it all the time. If you waited until today though you might be out of luck eihter way.

Holy freaking idiot! I just realized I mailed in my supplemental and fee in the same envelope to the fee address. Are they going to cancel my application??

Holy freaking idiot! I just realized I mailed in my supplemental and fee in the same envelope to the fee address. Are they going to cancel my application??

I almost did that. After a third check, I realized what I did and fixed it just in time. Maybe you should give them a call to know for sure.

What? There are separate addresses?!!?!

OH CRAP I just checked the website and I mailed all my stuff to where the fee goes =(

Even if they don't cancel my application, I bet they probably wrote the letters IDIOT in big bold font letters on the front of my application. :(

Don't immediately think the worst. You really don't know until you know! Good luck, I'm sure they will still accept it. It's not like you didn't get it in on time.

Right below the address directions they state, "Late applications will not be considered under any circumstances. "

That is the only application I have seen where you don't mail the fee to the same destination as the other materials, strange.

I love how UCSF gives lots of oppurtunities to talk about yourself. UCSF supp is great for people who like to write.

Right below the address directions they state, "Late applications will not be considered under any circumstances. "

That is the only application I have seen where you don't mail the fee to the same destination as the other materials, strange.

Yea, I thought that was kind of different from other campuses. I paid for certified mail delivery for both envelopes this morning.

So I got back about 30 minutes ago from a post office that is open till midnight. I don't know if they will accept the postmark time stamp since I'm on the West coast and it was around 11:35pm when I was there. But the website doesn't say the supplemental needs to be postmarked by EST. I was in such a rush that I'm not even sure I entered my dob on Form A :scared: Without that I guess my application will be cancelled.

I am really disappointed in myself that I had missed this. I was actually at this link http://pharmacy.ucsf.edu/pharmd/admissions/steps/2/supp/prep/ this morning as I was preparing to mail my application. I didn't scroll down far enough to see the next link :( BOO FOR ME :thumbdown:

Anyhow, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY.

omg, are you serious?? I had no idea, and I turned it in early in the same envelope to the address for the supplemental application fee!
.....I worked so hard on that application too...I guess that's what happens when you get too excited while mailing...didn't read the directions =(

i'm kinda worried. I sent my apps through certified mail.

When i checked on the postal service website, it said that UCSF has recieved my application fee... but not my application.

I sent these things Oct. 30th.

crapness... hope all that hard work isn't wasted on someone elses human error :mad:

how convenient of them to take the money first

crapness... hope all that hard work isn't wasted on someone elses human error :mad:

how convenient of them to take the money first

You sound pretty b-i-....b-i...b-i...b-i-t-t-e-r. I hope that tone didn't come through on your application. :eek:

i'm kinda worried. I sent my apps through certified mail.

When i checked on the postal service website, it said that UCSF has recieved my application fee... but not my application.

Actually that's what I am seeing right now, too. Can someone comment on this? Since the fee and the application were sent in two different envelopes and to two offices, I wonder if they received my application at all?:confused:

Actually that's what I am seeing right now, too. Can someone comment on this? Since the fee and the application were sent in two different envelopes and to two offices, I wonder if they received my application at all?:confused:

I wouldn't worry about it. 1. There's nothing you can do NOW. 2. They don't want you to call them. 3. You won't hear from them until a month's time. (website and from experience) 4. UCs always cash the check first. I utilized that to monitor my application's status. I just assumed my application and my payment arrived. Several weeks after (yesterday) I received an e-mail that they received everything and are going to process my application and NOT to call them at all :p.

You sound pretty b-i-....b-i...b-i...b-i-t-t-e-r. I hope that tone didn't come through on your application. :eek:

haha... thanks for the concern.

No it didn't come through. The bitterness is just what's left over from my reaction to california's decision to ban gay marriage. I'm disappointed in prop 8, my state has legalized discrimination.

haha... thanks for the concern.

No it didn't come through. The bitterness is just what's left over from my reaction to california's decision to ban gay marriage. I'm disappointed in prop 8, my state has legalized discrimination.

Awhh...Equality for all!

you can blame the non bay area folks for that

I wouldn't worry about it. 1. There's nothing you can do NOW. 2. They don't want you to call them. 3. You won't hear from them until a month's time. (website and from experience) 4. UCs always cash the check first. I utilized that to monitor my application's status. I just assumed my application and my payment arrived. Several weeks after (yesterday) I received an e-mail that they received everything and are going to process my application and NOT to call them at all :p.

Oh, they email you to let you know they recieved everything? Tat's interesting because I emailed my stuff mid October and the check awhile ago has been cashed and I have received nothing...