Ucsf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkuru

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to post this question over and over again...but for those who have applied or are applying to UCSF this year, can someone tell me whether it is true that all non-UC applicants have to send in a high school transcript?
To send the transcript, do we ask the high school to send it directly or do we get the sealed transcript and attach it to the supplemental applicaton?

Members don't see this ad.

I think this is true. I read it on their website a week or so ago. Can someone please confirm this? Thanks

pinkuru said:
I'm sorry to post this question over and over again...but for those who have applied or are applying to UCSF this year, can someone tell me whether it is true that all non-UC applicants have to send in a high school transcript?
To send the transcript, do we ask the high school to send it directly or do we get the sealed transcript and attach it to the supplemental applicaton?

Look at the current application on their website, at Form E (the last form). Answer the questions about whether or not you've received a degree, or when you will receive your degree. From your answers, the form will tell you whether or not you have to submit your HS transcript.

If you got your bachelor's already, it will tell you that you don't need to.

Members don't see this ad :)
senzabee said:
Look at the current application on their website, at Form E (the last form). Answer the questions about whether or not you've received a degree, or when you will receive your degree. From your answers, the form will tell you whether or not you have to submit your HS transcript.

If you got your bachelor's already, it will tell you that you don't need to.

so im a rising seinor in college and I will receive my degree in june, does that mean i'll have to send in one then?

also if we have to, is it with the app or directly from the high school office?

pinkuru said:
so im a rising seinor in college and I will receive my degree in june, does that mean i'll have to send in one then?

also if we have to, is it with the app or directly from the high school office?

Like I mentioned before, did you go to the Form E application on UCSF's page? If you do, you will see that once you select that you are planning on receiving a degree before matriculation, there will be a comment to tell you what you have to do about your HS transcript (once you select if you've gone to a UC or not).

Okay, to make it simpler for you, I even went to the Form E for you...

This is if you're planning on getting a degree before matriculation: If you went to a UC, you don't need to submit high school transcripts (it depends on which UC, but I'm guessing you don't for any of them). If you didn't, you need to. It has to be an official transcript, but I'm not sure if it has to be direct or not. If you have questions, you should just contact UCSF and ask them yourself.

senzabee said:
Okay, to make it simpler for you, I even went to the Form E for you...

This is if you're planning on getting a degree before matriculation: If you went to a UC, you don't need to submit high school transcripts (it depends on which UC, but I'm guessing you don't for any of them). If you didn't, you need to. It has to be an official transcript, but I'm not sure if it has to be direct or not. If you have questions, you should just contact UCSF and ask them yourself.

thx for doing that and I did email them at osaca but they never replied

Senzabee - you have been very patient!

To the OP: once the school receives anything which in any way indicates you want to apply - an application, etc....they open a file on you. Any transcript you send to any UC - whether its undergraduate or graduate must be an "official" transcript. In very basic terms, this means you must request a transcript be sent (you fill out a form which indicates who you are, your year of graduation & where you want the transcript sent) & you pay your money. The rest is done without any intervention from you.

However, as Senzabee indicated....you won't need to do this if you are receiving a bachelor's degree before enrollment to pharmacy school. HOWEVER.....all UC pharmacy schools will require an official transcript which indicates you have met all requirements of your bachelor's degree before you are allowed to attend. The process is the same.....you go to the transcript office (usually in the registrar's office), fill out the form & pay your money. However, do this a few weeks before your graduation so it goes out immediately after graduation. You are usually asked in college if you are requesting an "in progress" transcript or final - you would want a final transcript. They are used to people needing this info for graduate work.

Does that make it easier?

sdn1977 said:
Senzabee - you have been very patient!

To the OP: once the school receives anything which in any way indicates you want to apply - an application, etc....they open a file on you. Any transcript you send to any UC - whether its undergraduate or graduate must be an "official" transcript. In very basic terms, this means you must request a transcript be sent (you fill out a form which indicates who you are, your year of graduation & where you want the transcript sent) & you pay your money. The rest is done without any intervention from you.

However, as Senzabee indicated....you won't need to do this if you are receiving a bachelor's degree before enrollment to pharmacy school. HOWEVER.....all UC pharmacy schools will require an official transcript which indicates you have met all requirements of your bachelor's degree before you are allowed to attend. The process is the same.....you go to the transcript office (usually in the registrar's office), fill out the form & pay your money. However, do this a few weeks before your graduation so it goes out immediately after graduation. You are usually asked in college if you are requesting an "in progress" transcript or final - you would want a final transcript. They are used to people needing this info for graduate work.

Does that make it easier?

Yeah, I understood the first part: we request the transcripts to be sent.

but for the second part, as I understand it, it asks "As of November 2006, my current degree status is...," then in my case, since I will have just become a senior by sept this fall, I won't receive my degree till June 07, isn't this the case for everyone though? so I just chose the "plan to receive a bachelor degree of science" and so it displays the "you need a high school transcript" message.
However, from what you wrote, it sounds like as long as we are receiving a degree before enrollment which is fall 07, then we don't have to send in a HS transcript.

So that's why I'm confused....please help
you guys have been more than patient,
thx a lot

Pinkuru, you should put "plan on a degree" and put the date of your graduation next year. You'll probably have to send a HS transcript, don't forget to figure out if it has to be sent to them or with your packet. Why don't you email one of the people there? Try Joel Gonzales (I think you can find his email under the list of staff at the OSACA office). At the information session I went for UCSF, he said to email him with any questions (and he answered a question about AP scores that I had, or would forward it to the appropriate person). Of course just make sure it's a nice formal email because he is involved with admissions, I believe ;)

senzabee said:
Pinkuru, you should put "plan on a degree" and put the date of your graduation next year. You'll probably have to send a HS transcript, don't forget to figure out if it has to be sent to them or with your packet. Why don't you email one of the people there? Try Joel Gonzales (I think you can find his email under the list of staff at the OSACA office). At the information session I went for UCSF, he said to email him with any questions (and he answered a question about AP scores that I had, or would forward it to the appropriate person). Of course just make sure it's a nice formal email because he is involved with admissions, I believe ;)

alrite