Ucsf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panbabylon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

A question for anyone who has experience with this school:

How strict are they in terms of their pre-reqs?

For example, could someone with 3 physics courses get accepted if none of them are calculus based? Or, could a pre-calc + calc1 + stats count for the two calculus courses? Or, something like hospital accounting + financial management in healthcare industry, instead of macroeconomics?

Their website language is tough, but lets say the candidate has a high GPA and several years of tech experience, were they known in the past to give people a break?

Thanx, and great forum!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

A question for anyone who has experience with this school:

How strict are they in terms of their pre-reqs?

For example, could someone with 3 physics courses get accepted if none of them are calculus based? Or, could a pre-calc + calc1 + stats count for the two calculus courses? Or, something like hospital accounting + financial management in healthcare industry, instead of macroeconomics?

Their website language is tough, but lets say the candidate has a high GPA and several years of tech experience, were they known in the past to give people a break?

Thanx, and great forum!:thumbup:

If you are from a California school, try assist.org . The site matches certain classes at a particular Cal school to the prereqs required at UCSF. From what I've observed from hearing the admissions dept talk (from their open house and interview), they do seem pretty strict on their prereqs. However, I would definitely talk to the admissions office to clarify any questions that you have. Good luck!

I agree, I would email them. But from experience I know they are super strict about the pre-reqs.

They definitely will not accept pre-calc+stats+calc for the Calculus 1 & 2 requirement, that would be silly.

I seem to remember them allowing either micro or macro econ but it might have changed this year. Again, I highly doubt they will let you take anything less than either of those.

Your best bet is to just take the listed pre-reqs at face value and be sure you are taking those exact classes. They're not going to "cut you a break" just because you have a high GPA, sorry :p

thank you both very much, that's great info. unfortunately, it confirms my own suspicions. the school is no joke, but totally worth it, imo.