ucsf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KMIMSM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i sent my ucsf supp application 3 weeks ago but they haven't said anything. i emailed them but didn't get a response. how am i supposed ot know if they received my application?
are they supposed to email you once they receive your supp application?

the thing is i sent my supp app 2 weeks before pharmcas mailed my primary, which was 2 days ago.

i didn't get a confirmation they received either one.

do you email people letting them the status of either of them?

Members don't see this ad.

i sent my ucsf supp application 3 weeks ago but they haven't said anything. i emailed them but didn't get a response. how am i supposed ot know if they received my application?
are they supposed to email you once they receive your supp application?

the thing is i sent my supp app 2 weeks before pharmcas mailed my primary, which was 2 days ago.

i didn't get a confirmation they received either one.

do you email people letting them the status of either of them?

You wait for them to get back to you. PharmCAS was only mailed out recently and they have to match your PharmCAS with your supplemental. You will be receiving a confirmation within a few weeks or so. Other than that, just sit tight and wait patiently. Interview/denial letters don't come until mid-end of December.

im afraid the supp app got lost in the mail so i don't know if they got it or not.

should i send them another one, this time certified?

worst thing that can happen is nov 2 hits and they said they did not receive a supp from me.

Members don't see this ad :)
im afraid the supp app got lost in the mail so i don't know if they got it or not.

should i send them another one, this time certified?

worst thing that can happen is nov 2 hits and they said they did not receive a supp from me.

No, you should not send them another one. A perk of submitting early is you can get a confirmation earlier.

No, you should not send them another one. A perk of submitting early is you can get a confirmation earlier.

you really dont think i should send them anohter one?

perks are beyond me at this point.

you really dont think i should send them anohter one?

perks are beyond me at this point.

Sending them another one would be a waste of your time, paper, and ink. Assuming you did everything correctly, they should have cashed your check, giving you at least some indication that they received your app. They don't send confirmation unless they receive BOTH your PharmCAS and your supplemental - and seeing how you just sent PharmCAS two days ago, I think you still have time to wait. Additionally, UCSF's website says you should expect at most a month after you've sent it in before they send you a confirmation.

Also, I might add that since you've submitted closer to the deadline, they may be having a large influx of applications at the moment. Be patient, and I'm sure that you'll receive information soon.

that's the problem. I sent in a fee waiver request so my check wasn't cashed so I can't check that. There's absolutely no way to find out if they received my application. arrggh

I feel so ******ed for not sending it certified. Must be all that stuff I read about them not accepting fancy mail, fedex, etc.

All the other california schools send you an email or snail mail confirmation (like UOP, loma linda, usc, ucsd)

except for Western. haven't heard anything from them either. but I'm patient with them because my package was certified.

that's the problem. I sent in a fee waiver request so my check wasn't cashed so I can't check that. There's absolutely no way to find out if they received my application. arrggh

I feel so ******ed for not sending it certified. Must be all that stuff I read about them not accepting fancy mail, fedex, etc.

All the other california schools send you an email or snail mail confirmation (like UOP, loma linda, usc, ucsd)

except for Western. haven't heard anything from them either. but I'm patient with them because my package was certified.
Even if you did send it certified, you wouldn't get confirmation of delivery anyways. I sent it as certified but the package wasn't confirmed as being delivered. I received confirmation in about a month. As long as you double checked the address you sent it to, you should be fine.

if i don't hear anything by nov2 im resending it.

if i don't hear anything by nov2 im resending it.

Wouldn't that that be too late? They have to wait to receive your pharmcas before they send out a confirmation that they received your supplement. They match it up. In my email, it has not only my pharmCAS ID but the exact biographic information i typed in pharmCAS (i knew that becuase i made a mistake on it and it was the same mistake in the email)

I personally would just send it again just in case. You've already spent all that time and effort on the application, what's another few bucks on the mailing?

You should have received some sort of confirmation if they had already received everything from you.

Good luck!

I personally would just send it again just in case. You've already spent all that time and effort on the application, what's another few bucks on the mailing?

You should have received some sort of confirmation if they had already received everything from you.

Good luck!

thank you! finally someone sees the same reasoning as I do behind this!
i spent over 5 days answering their questions. they have tough ones.

i actually received a confirmation already thank goodness. :)

Good luck!

hey i saw you got accepted to UCSF last year, do you mind telling me your stats? i am an out of state student and ucsf is my top choice, i was just wondering what my chances are. i have a 3.55 GPA from unc chapel hill and a 3.75 for orgo and 3.93 for biochem. i am also currently a research fellow at nih.

hey i saw you got accepted to UCSF last year, do you mind telling me your stats? i am an out of state student and ucsf is my top choice, i was just wondering what my chances are. i have a 3.55 GPA from unc chapel hill and a 3.75 for orgo and 3.93 for biochem. i am also currently a research fellow at nih.

What kind of EC activities have you been involved in ? Do you have any interesting community service experiences ?

We have 17 people out of state in our class I believe and all have something extraordinary that separates them from the crowd.

What kind of EC activities have you been involved in ? Do you have any interesting community service experiences ?

We have 17 people out of state in our class I believe and all have something extraordinary that separates them from the crowd.

When you say extraordinary, do you mean things besides volunteering and working in a pharmacy? Like something that shows passion, dedication and commitment?

When you say extraordinary, do you mean things besides volunteering and working in a pharmacy? Like something that shows passion, dedication and commitment?

yah i'd like to know too. what makes you extraordinary cheb? ..or what does it mean to be extraordinary if you will.

You will receive your check back in the mail (saying the check is void and your waiver is approved) if they approve your waiver, usually in December before your interview invitation.

yah i'd like to know too. what makes you extraordinary cheb? ..or what does it mean to be extraordinary if you will.

It means, "how are you unique"? What sets you apart from others? Is it your volunteer experience, work experience, life experience? What are you passionate about? What does the human condition mean to you? How do you communicate via writing and oral? What interesting things have you done? It could me a trip abroad or mentoring a local student. Maybe even teaching.

There is a purpose to all of those ridiculously hard essay questions. They ferrit out the real you. That's what they are looking for. If you get in, these questions will come up again.

I hope this helps.

UCSF Class of 2013