UF c/o of 2019 pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

afuen031

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody heard from them?

Members don't see this ad.

I think its too early yet. I heard their interviews start in November this year...

Wow, the suspense is going to kill me lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aw good luck guys ! UF is my first choice, any idea on if the location pref plays a roll in admissions decisions?

I have no idea, I picked gville campus as my preference how about you ?

From my experience being here. Gainsville fills up first then orlando and then jacksonville. however you don't always get your preference. So I don't think It matters what campus really.

Received interview invite today (9/24)

Reactions: 1 user
Also received an interview today, date of the interview is 10/16

Congrats on the interview invites guys ! Mind sharing your stats ? And jacksonville campus is my pref =)

i think they start with the people that have a 80+ pcat and 3.0+ GPA. I got a 76 PCAT, so I will be applying later on lol...

Members don't see this ad :)
i think they start with the people that have a 80+ pcat and 3.0+ GPA. I got a 76 PCAT, so I will be applying later on lol...
UF will start looking at aps with 4.0sGPA and 90+ PCAT. Even if you dont have the stats they primarily look for, go ahead and apply as early as possible!

Edit: Nevermind, found my answer! :)

Last edited:
I hope I can get accepted to University of Florida next Fall....my stats aren't too good but I'm still hoping to get lucky. I know they are big on in state applicants as well. I'm applying from Florida.
PCAT=78% Writing 4
GPA Overall 3.11
Science and Math GPA 2.6
Four letters of recommendation (3 from pharmacists)
Work experience and volunteering

You guys think I could get an interview???

i know someone that just got an interview from UF without even doing the supplemental. I found that really weird .-.

i know someone that just got an interview from UF without even doing the supplemental. I found that really weird .-.
Never heard of this.....

Do you personally know this person?

Never heard of this.....

Do you personally know this person?
yes, he showed me the email. He will call UF tomorrow and see what's going on. He's stats are good, so he should have gotten an interview. But getting one without even doing the supplemental sounds weird to me.

yes, he showed me the email. He will call UF tomorrow and see what's going on. He's stats are good, so he should have gotten an interview. But getting one without even doing the supplemental sounds weird to me.
Yeah, please tell us know what is going on with that!

Where is everyone? :whoa:Too early?

On a side note: Any present/former UF students have any advice for interview preparation? 2 weeks to go and the panic is setting in. I know that interviews at UF generally mean a good chance of acceptance, but with the reduced class size/no longer enrolling students at St. Pete, I wonder if the interview rate is also going down?:shrug:

Last edited:
Yeah, please tell us know what is going on with that!
It seems UF is giving interviews without supplemental this year. He still has to complete the supplemental before the interview tho. And they started sending interviews to people with 3.0+gpa and 70+ pcat this year.

Just submitted PharmCAS and supplemental tonight... How long until they'll receive anything? I know I'm not the earliest, but I feel like I'm still on a good timeline to get an interview early.

I've submitted my preferences as Orlando, Gainesville, Jacksonville.

This is a long shot... but is anyone currently in the UF online BCH4024?

I have my interview in October 16 , Im really really nervous , because english is my second language and I dont really feel confident with it ? Please any advise about the questions they ask are more than welcome !! I promise to publish the whole process here .

Any ideas of what to expect in the interview? Like what sort of questions ?

Any ideas of what to expect in the interview? Like what sort of questions ?
Ethical questions, time management and all that crap lol. Its closed file so its different from NOVA lol...

When you all applied to UF, did you guys write out why you chose your preferences or anything in the boxes underneath the preferences?

I had my interview yest with UF the interview went well ,but I'm a lil worried I just noticed everyone have a bachelor in bio biochem or chemistry , and I am still taking my pre-req in a community college , so what do you think guys?

I had my interview yest with UF the interview went well ,but I'm a lil worried I just noticed everyone have a bachelor in bio biochem or chemistry , and I am still taking my pre-req in a community college , so what do you think guys?
As long as your GPA and PCAT are solid you'll be fine.

aww thanks for that quick answer but I think everyone had good gpa and pcat score yesterday !I dont know ,the interviewers were nice but I could not tell if I like them or not

aww thanks for that quick answer but I think everyone had good gpa and pcat score yesterday !I dont know ,the interviewers were nice but I could not tell if I like them or not

Last edited:
How do you know you were denied?? By not receiving an interview offer from the Admissions Committee?? And if so do they send you a letter or email saying that they are denying your application??

no I wasn't denied , I am still waiting for the letter .

Has anyone been contacted for the Nov 14th interview date?

They sure are taking their time for the people that interviewed on the 16th!!! You guys must be going crazy lol... Good luck :)

I guess a lot of UF applicants aren't on the forum...

How do you know you were denied?? By not receiving an interview offer from the Admissions Committee?? And if so do they send you a letter or email saying that they are denying your application??
have you heard from them yet ?

I haven't received anything either and neither has my friend...I called Mary Beth and she said they're doing things differently this year. We might get a reply tomorrow according to her.

nah......I guess they overlooked me...oh well....
dang =/ sorry to hear that. The only reason I asked is because I have a 3.2 GPA and I'm taking the PCAT on friday and wanted to know what my chances were. My Organic Professor of 2 years received his doctorate there and one of my pharmacists graduated from there, they will both be giving me really well written LOR's and I would be completing their pre-req of HA&P 2 + MicroBio in the summer... but I think I'm going to hold off and not apply there

dang =/ sorry to hear that. The only reason I asked is because I have a 3.2 GPA and I'm taking the PCAT on friday and wanted to know what my chances were. My Organic Professor of 2 years received his doctorate there and one of my pharmacists graduated from there, they will both be giving me really well written LOR's and I would be completing their pre-req of HA&P 2 + MicroBio in the summer... but I think I'm going to hold off and not apply there
You should always try man they might like you. I have a 3.9 GPA, 99 pcat, good letters and they haven't even called me. Apparently they have called other people. Just go for it, stats aren't everything, just numbers.