You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UF c/o of 2019 pharmacy
Started by afuen031
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think its too early yet. I heard their interviews start in November this year...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Aw good luck guys ! UF is my first choice, any idea on if the location pref plays a roll in admissions decisions?
From my experience being here. Gainsville fills up first then orlando and then jacksonville. however you don't always get your preference. So I don't think It matters what campus really.
Received interview invite today (9/24)
congratz! the interviews start in November right?Received interview invite today (9/24)
When did you finish your supplemental app if you did so?Received interview invite today (9/24)
Can you tell me when you submitted your apps?Also received an interview today, date of the interview is 10/16
Congrats on the interview invites guys ! Mind sharing your stats ? And jacksonville campus is my pref =)
i think they start with the people that have a 80+ pcat and 3.0+ GPA. I got a 76 PCAT, so I will be applying later on lol...
UF will start looking at aps with 4.0sGPA and 90+ PCAT. Even if you dont have the stats they primarily look for, go ahead and apply as early as possible!i think they start with the people that have a 80+ pcat and 3.0+ GPA. I got a 76 PCAT, so I will be applying later on lol...
Edit: Nevermind, found my answer! 🙂
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
8/28 I finished all the apps for UF CoPCan you tell me when you submitted your apps?
I hope I can get accepted to University of Florida next Fall....my stats aren't too good but I'm still hoping to get lucky. I know they are big on in state applicants as well. I'm applying from Florida.
PCAT=78% Writing 4
GPA Overall 3.11
Science and Math GPA 2.6
Four letters of recommendation (3 from pharmacists)
Work experience and volunteering
You guys think I could get an interview???
PCAT=78% Writing 4
GPA Overall 3.11
Science and Math GPA 2.6
Four letters of recommendation (3 from pharmacists)
Work experience and volunteering
You guys think I could get an interview???
i know someone that just got an interview from UF without even doing the supplemental. I found that really weird .-.
Never heard of this.....i know someone that just got an interview from UF without even doing the supplemental. I found that really weird .-.
Do you personally know this person?
yes, he showed me the email. He will call UF tomorrow and see what's going on. He's stats are good, so he should have gotten an interview. But getting one without even doing the supplemental sounds weird to me.Never heard of this.....
Do you personally know this person?
Yeah, please tell us know what is going on with that!yes, he showed me the email. He will call UF tomorrow and see what's going on. He's stats are good, so he should have gotten an interview. But getting one without even doing the supplemental sounds weird to me.
Where is everyone?
Too early?
On a side note: Any present/former UF students have any advice for interview preparation? 2 weeks to go and the panic is setting in. I know that interviews at UF generally mean a good chance of acceptance, but with the reduced class size/no longer enrolling students at St. Pete, I wonder if the interview rate is also going down?
Too early?On a side note: Any present/former UF students have any advice for interview preparation? 2 weeks to go and the panic is setting in. I know that interviews at UF generally mean a good chance of acceptance, but with the reduced class size/no longer enrolling students at St. Pete, I wonder if the interview rate is also going down?

Last edited:
It seems UF is giving interviews without supplemental this year. He still has to complete the supplemental before the interview tho. And they started sending interviews to people with 3.0+gpa and 70+ pcat this year.Yeah, please tell us know what is going on with that!
Is everyone applying gainesville campus?
Im just some over glorified average member. Ive been in pharm school for just a month. @Jibby321 is the information center here. #2PD@AlPacino is the man. Listen to him he has #modstatus
I have my interview in October 16 , Im really really nervous , because english is my second language and I dont really feel confident with it ? Please any advise about the questions they ask are more than welcome !! I promise to publish the whole process here .
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think we are gonna meet this October good luck!Also received an interview today, date of the interview is 10/16
Thanks I'll see you there !I think we are gonna meet this October good luck!
Ethical questions, time management and all that crap lol. Its closed file so its different from NOVA lol...Any ideas of what to expect in the interview? Like what sort of questions ?
I had my interview yest with UF the interview went well ,but I'm a lil worried I just noticed everyone have a bachelor in bio biochem or chemistry , and I am still taking my pre-req in a community college , so what do you think guys?
As long as your GPA and PCAT are solid you'll be fine.I had my interview yest with UF the interview went well ,but I'm a lil worried I just noticed everyone have a bachelor in bio biochem or chemistry , and I am still taking my pre-req in a community college , so what do you think guys?
aww thanks for that quick answer but I think everyone had good gpa and pcat score yesterday !I dont know ,the interviewers were nice but I could not tell if I like them or not
aww thanks for that quick answer but I think everyone had good gpa and pcat score yesterday !I dont know ,the interviewers were nice but I could not tell if I like them or not
Last edited:
You got an interview. As long as you answered the questions you will get in. Uf doesn't interview a lot of students like other schools.GPA: 3.8 pcat :87
no I wasn't denied , I am still waiting for the letter .
They sure are taking their time for the people that interviewed on the 16th!!! You guys must be going crazy lol... Good luck 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
have you heard from them yet ?How do you know you were denied?? By not receiving an interview offer from the Admissions Committee?? And if so do they send you a letter or email saying that they are denying your application??
nah......I guess they overlooked me...oh well....have you heard from them yet ?
dang =/ sorry to hear that. The only reason I asked is because I have a 3.2 GPA and I'm taking the PCAT on friday and wanted to know what my chances were. My Organic Professor of 2 years received his doctorate there and one of my pharmacists graduated from there, they will both be giving me really well written LOR's and I would be completing their pre-req of HA&P 2 + MicroBio in the summer... but I think I'm going to hold off and not apply therenah......I guess they overlooked me...oh well....
You should always try man they might like you. I have a 3.9 GPA, 99 pcat, good letters and they haven't even called me. Apparently they have called other people. Just go for it, stats aren't everything, just numbers.dang =/ sorry to hear that. The only reason I asked is because I have a 3.2 GPA and I'm taking the PCAT on friday and wanted to know what my chances were. My Organic Professor of 2 years received his doctorate there and one of my pharmacists graduated from there, they will both be giving me really well written LOR's and I would be completing their pre-req of HA&P 2 + MicroBio in the summer... but I think I'm going to hold off and not apply there
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K