You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UF c/o of 2019 pharmacy
Started by afuen031
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PFFTTTT lol! my lady-friend in my Orgo class has a 3.6 GPA and got a 91 on the PCAT she received the news last week that she got accepted to UF.... I'm sure they're going to be calling you soon. only thing I got going for me is that I'm in florida and My LOR's if that matters but I don't think with such a high level school that it'll matterYou should always try man they might like you. I have a 3.9 GPA, 99 pcat, good letters and they haven't even called me. Apparently they have called other people. Just go for it, stats aren't everything, just numbers.
They won't look at your app until it's complete. Which would include your official PCAT scores being sent to them through pharmcas.dang =/ sorry to hear that. The only reason I asked is because I have a 3.2 GPA and I'm taking the PCAT on friday and wanted to know what my chances were. My Organic Professor of 2 years received his doctorate there and one of my pharmacists graduated from there, they will both be giving me really well written LOR's and I would be completing their pre-req of HA&P 2 + MicroBio in the summer... but I think I'm going to hold off and not apply there
However they are starting the interview process earlier then normal this year. So good luck.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted last week yay! but I still taking some pre-req classes , for those who were accepted and are still taking classes what is the min grade or GPA I can get in these reminding classes ? I dont find anything about that in the conditional letter .
Congrats man! I think you just need to pass them!I was accepted last week yay! but I still taking some pre-req classes , for those who were accepted and are still taking classes what is the min grade or GPA I can get in these reminding classes ? I dont find anything about that in the conditional letter .
When did they accept you ?? What day of the week ?I was accepted last week yay! but I still taking some pre-req classes , for those who were accepted and are still taking classes what is the min grade or GPA I can get in these reminding classes ? I dont find anything about that in the conditional letter .
It was on Monday this last week everyone receive the decision letter at the same time right ?
Nope some people received the letter a week before you. I haven't received a letter and neither has my friend. It doesn't make sense, my stats aren't bad.It was on Monday this last week everyone receive the decision letter at the same time right ?
For the people that got accepted, did u do ur undergrad at UF??? I heard the large majority of students that interviewed were from UF.
mmm pretty weird I bet they are still reviewing applications technically they should send the results in two week , but the fact that you haven't received the letter doesn't mean anything ,just that they haven't review your papers yet .
I didn't do my undergrad at UF but I can tell that close to the half of students from my interview day were from UFFor the people that got accepted, did u do ur undergrad at UF??? I heard the large majority of students that interviewed were from UF.
it was time!!! Congratz!!! 😀Just got a conditional acceptance letter. 10 pm on Veterans Day, I was not expecting it .
Yes I am!!Congratulations!! Are you going to accept?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks Neji!!it was time!!! Congratz!!! 😀
Good luck tomorrow. The interview lasts 20-30 minutes, and it was done by 2 professors. Its closed file so they ask you questions like tell us about yourself, why pharmacy, etc... They also ask you "bizarre" questions to see how you react. To these questions take a moment to think about it and answer the questions as best you can.Hello everybody, I have my interview tomorrow, what questions are they asking? what is the process like? any kind of help will be really appreciated.
I just received my conditional acceptance email for the Orlando campus! I had my interview on 11/14 so it was a really quick decision this time around.
Congrats to everyone that got accepted. Can you all share your stats ? GPA/ Science GPA and what kind of extra's did you have ?
Everyone seems to say that a Science GPA of 3.45 and above will give you a great chance for an interview invitation. What about the PCAT ? Does 80 and above put someone at an advantage in the eyes of the admission committee ?
Further, on the UF website,It is says that the Pharm.D degree can be completed at their St-Petersburg Campus. Someone said that It is not available at that location anymore. Is the website not updated ?
Thanks,
Everyone seems to say that a Science GPA of 3.45 and above will give you a great chance for an interview invitation. What about the PCAT ? Does 80 and above put someone at an advantage in the eyes of the admission committee ?
Further, on the UF website,It is says that the Pharm.D degree can be completed at their St-Petersburg Campus. Someone said that It is not available at that location anymore. Is the website not updated ?
Thanks,
I would agree with the stats you posted as a good basis. The St. Pete campus is still listed because it currently still has students completing their degrees there, however, UF will not be admitting any more students to this campus as they phase it out.Congrats to everyone that got accepted. Can you all share your stats ? GPA/ Science GPA and what kind of extra's did you have ?
Everyone seems to say that a Science GPA of 3.45 and above will give you a great chance for an interview invitation. What about the PCAT ? Does 80 and above put someone at an advantage in the eyes of the admission committee ?
Further, on the UF website,It is says that the Pharm.D degree can be completed at their St-Petersburg Campus. Someone said that It is not available at that location anymore. Is the website not updated ? View attachment 187306
Thanks,
Good luck.
I would agree with the stats you posted as a good basis. The St. Pete campus is still listed because it currently still has students completing their degrees there, however, UF will not be admitting any more students to this campus as they phase it out.
Good luck.
Makes sense. Thanks for the reply.
I have a Pharmcas GPA of 3.58, I don't know my science GPA but I'd say it's around a 3.5. I did really well on the PCAT (cumulative 96, 99 bio and 97 chem) so I suspect that's what got me my early interview. As far as extras I've had leadership positions in my pre-pharmacy society, been involved in committees in the honors college at my university, and volunteered in the pharmacy at a hospital for 1.5 years.
Good luck on your upcoming interview bkk10! Be sure to bring an ID and relax. I can't discuss specifics (all interviewees sign a document to ensure they won't speak about the interview process) but I can say it was very relaxed and I'm terrified of interviews so that's saying something!
Good luck on your upcoming interview bkk10! Be sure to bring an ID and relax. I can't discuss specifics (all interviewees sign a document to ensure they won't speak about the interview process) but I can say it was very relaxed and I'm terrified of interviews so that's saying something!
Awesome thank you! This will be my third interview so I'm not too worried, haha but this is the most important one for me 🙂 Also I am doing a campus tour next week does anyone have suggestions on what I should wear?I have a Pharmcas GPA of 3.58, I don't know my science GPA but I'd say it's around a 3.5. I did really well on the PCAT (cumulative 96, 99 bio and 97 chem) so I suspect that's what got me my early interview. As far as extras I've had leadership positions in my pre-pharmacy society, been involved in committees in the honors college at my university, and volunteered in the pharmacy at a hospital for 1.5 years.
Good luck on your upcoming interview bkk10! Be sure to bring an ID and relax. I can't discuss specifics (all interviewees sign a document to ensure they won't speak about the interview process) but I can say it was very relaxed and I'm terrified of interviews so that's saying something!
Awesome thank you! This will be my third interview so I'm not too worried, haha but this is the most important one for me 🙂 Also I am doing a campus tour next week does anyone have suggestions on what I should wear?
I'm not sure if you're a man or woman so I'll just comment on both. Most of the girls wore business-professional with long pants and a matching top. I wore a conservative dress and stockings and was probably in the minority, but didn't feel out of place. The guys wore suits with jackets. Both men and women tended to wear a dark gray. Also, you will be doing quite a bit of walking so be sure to wear comfortable shoes! I'd also check the weather forecast because you do spend a little bit of time outside on the tour.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they didn't start like that this year around. My friend was in the first batch and he had a 3.4 GPA and 72 PCAT.I'm assuming that they are still only looking at people with 4.0 GPA and 90+ PCAT? my PCAT isn't anywhere near that so I'm thinking I won't hear from them for a while
yes, but you still have to finish your supplemental before your interview date.They do that? So we don't have to complete supplemental to have an interview?
Are you a current UF student?3.17 GPA, 88 PCAT
Submitted my PharmCAS app last week, haven't done the UF supplemental application yet, got an interview invitation today.
January 16 is my interview day.
Thanks!yes, but you still have to finish your supplemental before your interview date.
No, I'm graduating from USF this semester.Are you a current UF student?
I see on the uf prerequisites site it says they solely look at your science gpa not cumulative, this is not including math, right?
How did you study for your pcat? any pointers? or things to expect?You should always try man they might like you. I have a 3.9 GPA, 99 pcat, good letters and they haven't even called me. Apparently they have called other people. Just go for it, stats aren't everything, just numbers.
Ok what do you think guys ? I am planning to take biochemistry 4024 and microbiology 3020 together as well as Physics 2 with lab for next semester . Physics in my school is not hard at all . But I will be taking biochemistry online at UF and Microbiology at FIU on campus .The initial idea was to take the microbiology online also at UF . But today the admission counselor told me the biochemistry is very very hard that she does not recommend me to take this two classes together , that obviously freaks me out to the point that I don't know what to do right now Because by the other side I would not like to take classes on Summer. Any suggestion are more than welcome.
take one of them in the summer lol... I have a friend who is in a similar situation as you, and he will be taking microbiology next semester and biochemistry in the summer.Ok what do you think guys ? I am planning to take biochemistry 4024 and microbiology 3020 together as well as Physics 2 with lab for next semester . Physics in my school is not hard at all . But I will be taking biochemistry online at UF and Microbiology at FIU on campus .The initial idea was to take the microbiology online also at UF . But today the admission counselor told me the biochemistry is very very hard that she does not recommend me to take this two classes together , that obviously freaks me out to the point that I don't know what to do right now Because by the other side I would not like to take classes on Summer. Any suggestion are more than welcome.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did it take after you submit your pharmcas app for them to reply with an invitation?
They sent me an interview invitation a week after I submitted my PharmCAS appHow long did it take after you submit your pharmcas app for them to reply with an invitation?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K