UF c/o of 2019 pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm trying to understand why I would even have an interview then, because I had this course on my Pharmcas and nothing else. This semester feels like a waste. How frustrating.

I don't understand what you mean by "this course". The course you are taking this semester? UF accepts a lot of their interviewed candidates, I wouldn't be discouraged! You can always take biochem over the summer:) Small speed bump for the payoff.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, lol I meant I had the UCF course I'm in now on my future coursework on Pharmcas but no other future coursework. I never heard anything other than I have an interview. Trying to mentally prepare for it tomorrow. I suppose the worst they can do is tell me to take it aside from not accepting me this year.

Sorry, lol I meant I had the UCF course I'm in now on my future coursework on Pharmcas but no other future coursework. I never heard anything other than I have an interview. Trying to mentally prepare for it tomorrow. I suppose the worst they can do is tell me to take it aside from not accepting me this year.

I know of at least one student that was accepted without it, and they didn't even ask him about it. It is just assumed that you will finish your pre-reqs.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCF students: So, I've already been accepted and began having a panic attack because of the biochemistry requirement. I confused Molecular Cell Biology with Molecular Biology and didn't realize as a Biomedical Sciences major I actually didn't have that course. Long story short, after some research there has been an update on this that I missed. See option 4. Just wanted to put it out there for anyone in my shoes as this information was poorly communicated- at least to me it was.

CF Pre-Pharmacy Students:
NEW UPDATE ON THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA COLLEGE OF PHARMACY BIOCHEMISTRY PREREQUISITE COURSE:
You may have recently heard that the University of Florida College of Pharmacy now requires a 4-credit Biochemistry 1 course, and that they will not accept UCF’s 3-credit Biochemistry 1 course (BCH 4053) to meet their requirement due to the credit hour disparity. We are happy to report that after communicating with Dr. Michael McKenzie, Associate Dean of Student Affairs at the UF College of Pharmacy, that UCF Pre-Pharmacy students now have four options (previously you only had three options) to meet UF College of Pharmacy’s 4-credit Biochemistry 1 prerequisite course requirement:

Option 1: Biochemistry 1 (BCH 4053) and Molecular Cell Biology (PCB 3023) both at UCF (Good option for Biology majors)

Option 2: Biochemistry 1 (BCH 4053) and Biochemistry 2 (BCH 4054) both at UCF

Option 3*: Biochemistry 1 (BCH 4024) (4 credits) online at UF (Note: UCF students must submit the non-degree application to UF using the College of Pharmacy as the home sponsor college. Dr. McKenzie’s staff will approve the non-degree application (http://www.registrar.ufl.edu/currents/nondegree.html) so the student can take the course through the College of Medicine. The BCH 4024 Biochemistry course is offered online each semester.)

Option 4 (New Option): Biochemistry 1 (BCH 4053) and Molecular Biology 1 (PCB 3522) both at UCF (Good option for Biomedical Sciences majors) -- Thank you to Dr. Genaro Lopez and Dr. Roseann White for their work on getting this new option approved for UCF Pre-Pharmacy students.

Please help us spread the word about these options to other UCF Pre-Pharmacy students.

*If you choose Option 3, and plan to complete UF’s Biochemistry 1 course prior to your graduation from UCF, please contact your UCF College or Major Advisor to ensure that taking this course as a transient student will not adversely affect your progress towards your graduation from UCF.

Last edited:
I'm trying to understand why I would even have an interview then, because I had this course on my Pharmcas and nothing else. This semester feels like a waste. How frustrating.
That is because u have summer to complete the courses. Biochem for UF usually means one has to take the lab too

That is because u have summer to complete the courses. Biochem for UF usually means one has to take the lab too
UF's online BCH4024 doesn't have a lab yet it still meets admission requirements. It's probably a good indicator of how well you'll handle their program, since there isn't as much face-to-face interaction with professors.

My big question is at this stage in the admissions cycle are people still getting accepted or wait listed?

Got my acceptance email last night at 10pm!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted into Orlando! Now to figure out this Biochem credit thing before it gets to be too late =/

Has anyone here done the biochem online? I just applied with the link Wanda gave me, but I'm not really clear on how this works. If I'll receive an email once it's processed....etc....

Has anyone here done the biochem online? I just applied with the link Wanda gave me, but I'm not really clear on how this works. If I'll receive an email once it's processed....etc....

Yeah I just registered for it...you'll get an email letting you know once the application has been processed and everything

Members don't see this ad :)
Just in case anyone missed it, there is a page on Facebook for ALL campuses for UF's COP Class of 2019 at https://www.facebook.com/UFPharm2019?fref=ts
  • If you are attending the Orlando campus, the Facebook group for your campus is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/768450889917486/
  • If you are attending the Jacksonville campus, the Facebook group for your campus is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1539996299595064/
  • If you are attending the Gainseville campus, there is a Facebook group; however, it can't be accessed without a UF email linked to your FB account (which I don't have yet) so search for "UF College of Pharmacy Class of 2019: Gainesville Campus" and it should be the first group to come up!
Good luck on finals everyone!

My son did and he got his rejection letter a week later so hopefully in your case no news is good news.
If you don't mind me asking, did he have a good application? (gpa, pcat, ,letters, extracurricular) and also did he chose Gainesville campus as 1st choice? I'm border line average with gpa, and decent pcat, with 4 letters (2 pharmacist (1 hospital and 1 retail), director or PA program who was my anatomy prof, and a letter from a colleague who I teach high school students with). I have 3 years pharm tech experience. Nonetheless, I have an interview, but now getting scared as to why your son was rejected. Jacksonville is my 1st choice because I live here.
But I suppose I should keep the positivity up, and hope for the best. I just hope someone looks down over me and gives me a shot. Hopefully someone still considers my application as a whole, and see's that I'm on the "up and up"

Trying to decide between UF and Nova. I've heard the professors at UF generally aren't friendly/ready to help. Does anyone have insight into this?
I have insight. And that is false. They want you to succeed and will help all they can.

Trying to decide between UF and Nova. I've heard the professors at UF generally aren't friendly/ready to help. Does anyone have insight into this?
This is not true. Professors want you to learn and are willing to help you with any questions you may have.

Guys I am looking for an apartment and a female roommate in Gainesville .I am from Miami pls PM me if you are interested

Guys I am looking for an apartment and a female roommate in Gainesville .I am from Miami pls PM me if you are interested
Try the Facebook group. You'll have more luck I'm sure.

Try the Facebook group. You'll have more luck I'm sure.
Do you think so ? Yesterday I wrote something on the Facebook group , let see what happen . Do you know any place beside Facebook where I can find grad students?

Do you think so ? Yesterday I wrote something on the Facebook group , let see what happen . Do you know any place beside Facebook where I can find grad students?
You can use something like room mate finder but that's not grad student specific.

For orlando campus, how many times do you think we'll be on campus a week?

For orlando campus, how many times do you think we'll be on campus a week?
I asked that the last time I went on a walking tour at the Orlando campus. They said they're not even sure yet, but they are trying to keep it the same that it is for the old curriculum where first year students tend to go on campus only 2-3 times a week depending on the exam schedule. 2nd and 3rd year you tend to go to campus more. Also it depends on how involved you are with extra-curriculars.

Last week Dr. McKenzie said the new curriculum would probably have us on campus more days per week early on than the previous curriculum.

Anybody recommend a good orthodontist in orlando? also, if not, would it be worth it to drive to tampa for an orthodontist while in school

Hey guys, anybody here taking Biochemistry BCH 4024 online through UF?

would a 26 minute commute (no traffic) be a problem for traveling to UF Orlando campus? or should I look closer?

Last edited:
I'm wondering if anybody here taking the class would like to exchange contact information so that we can help each other out during the semester.

the class is not hard to pass the hard thing is to get an A.

would a 26 minute commute (no traffic) be a problem for traveling to UF Orlando campus? or should I look closer?
I drive on average 45 to 1 hour sometimes. A 26 minute drive is no big deal in my opinion.

A1 STILL WAITING 4 INTERVIEW?

Hi everyone- what is everyone up to? What is everyone doing after they paid the seat deposit? This admissions office doesn't send that many emails.

Hi everyone- what is everyone up to? What is everyone doing after they paid the seat deposit? This admissions office doesn't send that many emails.

I haven't done anything yet. Will let you know once I start going through the checklist ...which is kind of overwhelming to look at

If i took microbio at UF do i have to send the transcript in still

Hi everyone! I know this forum is for the class of 2019 but I was not able to find one for Fall 2016 entrance class. I received an invitation for an interview on oct. 22nd, does anyone know if an interview invitation means acceptance or no? I would not consider myself a strong applicant as far as the PCAT goes because I have always been a horrible test taker but I still received an interview invitation this early in the process. At this point, I am not sure if the interviews have become more of a mandatory requirement or if they still hold significance towards the possibility of being accepted?