UF Class of 2012 Stats

Started by lenadeb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lenadeb

UF CVM Vet Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really interesting ....

Note the age range (21-61) and the percentage of women (72% female, 28% male) and the minority representation (4 African American, 3 Hispanic, 3 Native American)

Class size is 88 and 80 are from IN-state (compared to 16 last year)

Dean Vickroy turned the process into something new this year.

Link to the stats:

http://www.vetmed.ufl.edu/education/dvmadmissions/documents/Stats-2012.pdf
 
Web site is also totally new - new pics of faculty as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ooo... I should not have looked at those stats. It really sucks knowing that you are the only hispanic of the 4 interviewed that was denied admissions. And it's not the hispanic part that hurts. It's the knowing that you are that "1'' on the paper. And that there are other people that know who that "1" is. = (
 
I'm a little surprised at the 61 yr old. Not that I'm age-ist or anything. Just suprised anyone would want to become a DVM at 65. Maybe that's what they want to do for retirement? Maybe they're into reserach? All our older vets/techs in the late 50/early 60s are looking forward to getting out, not going in : ) The oldest I've seen admitted is in the 40's. So good for them, that's pretty cool.
 
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing this. I'm interested to see the rest of the 2012 stats when those are posted. UF's website looks nice!
 
I'm a little surprised at the 61 yr old. Not that I'm age-ist or anything. Just suprised anyone would want to become a DVM at 65. Maybe that's what they want to do for retirement? Maybe they're into reserach? All our older vets/techs in the late 50/early 60s are looking forward to getting out, not going in : ) The oldest I've seen admitted is in the 40's. So good for them, that's pretty cool.

I am in the same class as the 61 year old - and I am 51. I am also the lone "JD" graduate degree.

UF also admitted a 58 year old dentist 3 or 4 years ago? Maybe 3 ...
 
Ooo... I should not have looked at those stats. It really sucks knowing that you are the only hispanic of the 4 interviewed that was denied admissions. And it's not the hispanic part that hurts. It's the knowing that you are that "1'' on the paper. And that there are other people that know who that "1" is. = (

Send Vickroy an email and ask as to why?
 
Thanks for the link. Is it finally setting in yet for anyone (acceptance that is)? It still seems like a blur.