UF Dental Interviewed vs Accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maybeapedsdoc22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious since I can't find this data anywhere. How many people did UF Dental interview vs how many they accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

287 IS interviewed, 91 IS offers
37 OOS interviewed, 2 OOS offers

Reactions: 1 user
Are these numbers right? It would mean that no one turned down their UF acceptances since their class size is 93. Is the interview day THAT compelling?

Members don't see this ad :)
The number of offers should be higher than the number of spots, generally.

Those numbers come from the ADEA guide. UF is one of three schools in Florida and by far the cheapest. I'm sure people accepted to Nova and Lecom would turn their acceptances down for it.

ADEA reports the number enrolled, not the number of acceptances given. Schools will look at their past yield and use that to decide how many people to accept. Many people get multiple offers, but everybody who gets any acceptances can only choose one school to attend.

I would hope that schools do not just give out interviews like candy. For jobs, people are usually brought to an onsite interview only if the company intends to accept the candidate if they don't screw up. But in the case of a job interview, the company pays for the candidate's travel expenses which can add up to hundreds or even over $1000 (so they obviously want to be careful about where their resources are going), whereas in the case of a dental school interview, we are responsible for our own travel expenses. It would be a waste of our time and money if a school offered us an interview when we have a low chance of acceptance in the first place.

Reactions: 1 user