You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UF Pharmacy Application Cycle Class of 2018
Started by 4countryguy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I'm applying for next year as well, good luck to everyone!
If you don't mind me asking, how are your stats? I'm a little concerned regarding my low GPA (3.1) I messed up my first couple of semesters in college and have been trying to climb out of that hole ever since. I do have over 200 hours of volunteer experience in the emergency room, I'm currently working at Walgreens as a certified pharmacy tech, and my first PCAT score was an 85 (I'm retaking it in September).
I know UF is extremely competitive, and I'm sure I'll be up against many candidates with far better GPA's. Do you think they will throw out my application after seeing my GPA? I'm so nervous!
If you don't mind me asking, how are your stats? I'm a little concerned regarding my low GPA (3.1) I messed up my first couple of semesters in college and have been trying to climb out of that hole ever since. I do have over 200 hours of volunteer experience in the emergency room, I'm currently working at Walgreens as a certified pharmacy tech, and my first PCAT score was an 85 (I'm retaking it in September).
I know UF is extremely competitive, and I'm sure I'll be up against many candidates with far better GPA's. Do you think they will throw out my application after seeing my GPA? I'm so nervous!
Hey guys! I'm applying for next year as well, good luck to everyone!
If you don't mind me asking, how are your stats? I'm a little concerned regarding my low GPA (3.1) I messed up my first couple of semesters in college and have been trying to climb out of that hole ever since. I do have over 200 hours of volunteer experience in the emergency room, I'm currently working at Walgreens as a certified pharmacy tech, and my first PCAT score was an 85 (I'm retaking it in September).
I know UF is extremely competitive, and I'm sure I'll be up against many candidates with far better GPA's. Do you think they will throw out my application after seeing my GPA? I'm so nervous!
Why would you retake the PCAT??????
I figured with my low gpa my PCAT should be in the 90s at the very least
I disagree. http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/474
So avg gpa was a 3.5 but for instate 3.0-4.0 is considered competitive. I think you will be alright.
I figured with my low gpa my PCAT should be in the 90s at the very least
An 85 for an in-state is very competitive for any Florida schools.
Hey guys! I'm applying for next year as well, good luck to everyone!
If you don't mind me asking, how are your stats? I'm a little concerned regarding my low GPA (3.1) I messed up my first couple of semesters in college and have been trying to climb out of that hole ever since. I do have over 200 hours of volunteer experience in the emergency room, I'm currently working at Walgreens as a certified pharmacy tech, and my first PCAT score was an 85 (I'm retaking it in September).
I know UF is extremely competitive, and I'm sure I'll be up against many candidates with far better GPA's. Do you think they will throw out my application after seeing my GPA? I'm so nervous!
I'm pretty sure you will get in if you're a FL resident. Just apply and don't waste your time getting higher than 85. Your competitive PCAT and pharmacy experience will outweigh your GPA.
Does anybody know when I can start submitting my supplemental/campus ranking form?
I think you can do it at anytime as long as you have your pharmcas Id.
Thats what I thought until I saw this one their website.I think you can do it at anytime as long as you have your pharmcas Id.
Step 3 Apply to the UF College of Pharmacy (this will be available in late August 2013)
Submit online through the UF COP website:
• Personal Profile/Essay & Campus Ranking Form (You must enter your correct 11-digit PharmCAS ID and 8-digit UFID)
http://pharmacy.ufl.edu/education/s...dmission-requirements/application-procedures/
Thats what I thought until I saw this one their website.
http://pharmacy.ufl.edu/education/s...dmission-requirements/application-procedures/
Mhhhhmmmm. Yea the way I read that is late August. You could always email Mary Beth and ask her. Her email should be on cop website.
Hi I also will be applying to UF. Good luck to everyone applying! I am wondering if they look much at individual pcat scores on each subject or just the whole thing. I got a 81 composite. I really don't want to retake it lol.
My gpa is 3.75 and my science gpa should be higher. I still have organic chem 2 and public speaking to do this (fall) semester. I don't have any pharm tech experience..will that matter? I am a FL resident. What do you think my chances are? Thanks.
My gpa is 3.75 and my science gpa should be higher. I still have organic chem 2 and public speaking to do this (fall) semester. I don't have any pharm tech experience..will that matter? I am a FL resident. What do you think my chances are? Thanks.
Hi I also will be applying to UF. Good luck to everyone applying! I am wondering if they look much at individual pcat scores on each subject or just the whole thing. I got a 81 composite. I really don't want to retake it lol.
My gpa is 3.75 and my science gpa should be higher. I still have organic chem 2 and public speaking to do this (fall) semester. I don't have any pharm tech experience..will that matter? I am a FL resident. What do you think my chances are? Thanks.
Any EC's?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,
I'm also hoping to be accepted to UF - preferably the Orlando campus. I'm not sure how competitive I am for this school and hope that my EC's and work experience make up for my science GPA. Anyway, here's what I got:
Science GPA: 3.4
Non-Science GPA: 3.98
Overall: 3.5
BS in Biomedical Science from USF
EC's:
Member + VP of Relay For Life all 4 years
Member + Secretary of Alpha Epsilon Delta all 4 years
PCAT Overall: 84
- Bio: 92
- Chem: 88
- VA: 91
- RC: 75
- QA: 16 ... oopsies
Not sure what's up with the QA, I basically forgot what time management was, but I have a 4.0 math GPA for 20 or so credits so hopefully that will off-set such a low score? I have no idea, but I'm not going to bother to retake it at this point, one time was enough.
Post-Graduation I've been working as a pharmacy tech full-time and as an AVID tutor at a local high school for 20 hours per week.
I think it's hard for anyone to really know what their chances are, but I'm just hoping for an interview. Best of luck to everyone applying!
I'm also hoping to be accepted to UF - preferably the Orlando campus. I'm not sure how competitive I am for this school and hope that my EC's and work experience make up for my science GPA. Anyway, here's what I got:
Science GPA: 3.4
Non-Science GPA: 3.98
Overall: 3.5
BS in Biomedical Science from USF
EC's:
Member + VP of Relay For Life all 4 years
Member + Secretary of Alpha Epsilon Delta all 4 years
PCAT Overall: 84
- Bio: 92
- Chem: 88
- VA: 91
- RC: 75
- QA: 16 ... oopsies
Not sure what's up with the QA, I basically forgot what time management was, but I have a 4.0 math GPA for 20 or so credits so hopefully that will off-set such a low score? I have no idea, but I'm not going to bother to retake it at this point, one time was enough.
Post-Graduation I've been working as a pharmacy tech full-time and as an AVID tutor at a local high school for 20 hours per week.
I think it's hard for anyone to really know what their chances are, but I'm just hoping for an interview. Best of luck to everyone applying!
Overall I would say you look pretty good compared to prior cycle threads. HOWEVER, on the school of pharmacy website it says you need a minimum of 50%tile on each section of the PCAT. For that reason alone you may need to retake the PCAT. If you have a 4.0 math GPA then getting at least in the 50's should be doable.
Overall I would say you look pretty good compared to prior cycle threads. HOWEVER, on the school of pharmacy website it says you need a minimum of 50%tile on each section of the PCAT. For that reason alone you may need to retake the PCAT. If you have a 4.0 math GPA then getting at least in the 50's should be doable.
That would make sense, where did you see that? It had me worried so I went to their admissions requirements and this is all I found: " The minimum required PCAT score to apply is at the 50th percentile, however a competitive score for review is generally between the 70th-99th percentile composite."
Does anyone happen to know around what time we could be hearing about interviews from them?
I would love to go to UF if I was a Florida resident. I didn't apply to UF because their expectations for OOS students are really high but I hope you guys luck on everything and I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's statuses for this school and hopefully an acceptance also 🙂 good luck ya'll!
Based off of the lack of posting on this page I'm guessing nobody has heard anything about an interview yet? Just got a duplicate email that I got 2 weeks ago saying they have all of my materials.. Got me sitting on pins and needles!!
I've gotten that email like 4 times so far, the last one today. Haven't heard anything yet as far as interviews.
Based off of the lack of posting on this page I'm guessing nobody has heard anything about an interview yet? Just got a duplicate email that I got 2 weeks ago saying they have all of my materials.. Got me sitting on pins and needles!!
I received it again as well. Looks like they are starting a bit later this year than last cycle. This time last year, interviews were already sent out.
I received it again as well. Looks like they are starting a bit later this year than last cycle. This time last year, interviews were already sent out.
That's why I was getting a little spooked. Glad to see we're all in the same boat, hopefully we'll be hearing some good news soon 👍
I wonder how many times we're going to be sent the automated emails before we actually hear something from them lol I just received another one today. Or maybe it's just me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a different e-mail shortly after the automated one. My application is out for review and I will hear back "within two weeks, if not sooner."
Looks like they are starting! Good luck to everyone!
Same here, got the automated email and no more than a minute later I got the application is out for review email. They also included a link with the interview dates for this year. http://pharmacy.ufl.edu/education/student-affairs/admissions/fall-2012-interview-days/
Same here, got the automated email and no more than a minute later I got the application is out for review email. They also included a link with the interview dates for this year. http://pharmacy.ufl.edu/education/student-affairs/admissions/fall-2012-interview-days/
Hopefully good news will come soon!
I attended the Gainesville Open House Sunday and they said that beginning this week they would be reviewing applicants with a 3.0 - 4.0 GPA and a PCAT score of 80+. So I assume only people meeting those requirements got the email today about their applications being reviewed. For the first interview date, they interview for all campuses at the Gainesville campus because there will likely only be a couple of people that selected a distance campus as their first choice at this point. I too only received the automated message this morning because my PCAT was a little less than 80, so I'm assuming that my application will be reviewed in the next several weeks or so. Basically, if you didn't get an email about your application being reviewed today I wouldn't worry yet.
HI, I am applying this fall for admissions next fall and I plan on submitting my PharmCAS application next week. I have not taken the PCAT yet (I am taking it in two weeks) and my letters of references are not in yet. Does anyone know if PharmCAS will forward my LOR even if I hand in my application? I want to send it next week, as the first deadline for one of my schools is December 3rd.
Woke up with an interview offer, assigned to Gainesville campus!! Best of luck to everyone, looking forward to seeing some of you there!
Congratulations on your interview offer!
I got an interview invite this morning for 11/19 as well! I'm only applying to 3 schools and have only had one other interview so far, so I'm hoping the one for UF is similar. Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file? That would definitely be helpful.
For the person wondering about the essays - I wouldn't stress about it. I sat down, copied the questions into word and answered them all. Then I came back to it a week later just to look at it with fresh eyes for typos and to add things that I had previously missed. Just make it genuine. It's the only time other than the personal statement when they get a feel for who you are aside from the numbers.
For the person wondering about the essays - I wouldn't stress about it. I sat down, copied the questions into word and answered them all. Then I came back to it a week later just to look at it with fresh eyes for typos and to add things that I had previously missed. Just make it genuine. It's the only time other than the personal statement when they get a feel for who you are aside from the numbers.
I got an interview invite this morning for 11/19 as well! I'm only applying to 3 schools and have only had one other interview so far, so I'm hoping the one for UF is similar. Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file? That would definitely be helpful.
For the person wondering about the essays - I wouldn't stress about it. I sat down, copied the questions into word and answered them all. Then I came back to it a week later just to look at it with fresh eyes for typos and to add things that I had previously missed. Just make it genuine. It's the only time other than the personal statement when they get a feel for who you are aside from the numbers.
Congrats, and exactly what you said. I knocked out the supplemental essays in one sitting. Answer the questions honestly and they should come pretty easy to you. I'll ask around about open or closed file
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an interview invite this morning for 11/19 as well! I'm only applying to 3 schools and have only had one other interview so far, so I'm hoping the one for UF is similar. Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file? That would definitely be helpful.
For the person wondering about the essays - I wouldn't stress about it. I sat down, copied the questions into word and answered them all. Then I came back to it a week later just to look at it with fresh eyes for typos and to add things that I had previously missed. Just make it genuine. It's the only time other than the personal statement when they get a feel for who you are aside from the numbers.
If I recall correctly it was closed file.
Are there any out of staters applying to UF here? The 47k out of state tuition rate is daunting. Wondering how others are justifying financing that?
Are there any out of staters applying to UF here? The 47k out of state tuition rate is daunting. Wondering how others are justifying financing that?
I'm out of state. The out of state tuition is pretty steep, but I have always wanted to attend UF and they have an great pharmacy program. Considering how much they favor in state students I doubt I'll even get in, but I figured I'd at least give it a shot and worry about the financial aspect later if I happen to get it.
I also received the email that my application will be reviewed in less than two weeks and I put Orlando as my main campus. So they are reviewing for all campuses right now. I am so nervous to see if I get an interview. Only a little bit longer now to wait and UF is my top choice !
😱 I also got an 85 pcat and have a 3.67 gpa.
😱 I also got an 85 pcat and have a 3.67 gpa.Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K