UF Pharmacy Application Cycle Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hello! I have submitted my UF application in November with no word yet.
I have a 61 PCAT with a 91 in chemistry.
3.3 gpa, 3.1 science gpa.
what do you guys think?! got a change?

I would say you got a chance. I got accepted this cycle with a similar gpa, my PCAT composite was in the high 80s however. Extra currics and pharmacy experiences definitely helped to solidify my application

Last edited:
I would say you got a chance. I got accepted this cycle with a similar gpa, my PCAT composite was in the high 80s however. Extra currics and pharmacy experiences definitely helped to solidify my application

I've yet to hear back from UF
3.3 GPA
3.6 Science GPA
72 PCAT
B.S. Biomedical Science minor Biomedical Physics.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've yet to hear back from UF
3.3 GPA
3.6 Science GPA
72 PCAT
B.S. Biomedical Science minor Biomedical Physics.

They are reviewing applications with science GPA of 3.0 and above and PCAT of 80 and above. I guess if you don't meet both of the requirements they wont review it for now. They progressively start moving down as more students are accepted.

Hey Chiadude! I have a almost the same statistics except my pcat is in the 90's. I was wondering what type of extracurriculars and pharmacy experience did you have? Thanks beforehand and congratulations on being accepted!

Does anyone know how many students have been accepted to UF Gainesville or any other campus for this cycle?

Hey Chiadude! I have a almost the same statistics except my pcat is in the 90's. I was wondering what type of extracurriculars and pharmacy experience did you have? Thanks beforehand and congratulations on being accepted!

Thank you!
I've volunteered for a couple years now in a hospital pharmacy. I did an internship a retail pharmacy to get licensed as a tech. These experiences gave me a ton of topics/examples to discuss and expand on during my interview, which I think made the difference. Running a couple of event, & groups. Then the run of the mill pre-pharm, honor societies, etc. in college that most people have.

Last edited:
Congrats to all of those accepted thus far!! I saw the interviewees today in gainesville :)
If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask! I'm currently a 1PD at UF.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys!

Has anyone heard back from them yet for an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I completed my application, including supplemental, a little before the start of the holidays how about you? Interview went well I was accepted already :)

Just got an interview invite for Feb 20! Definitely excited!

I got an interview at the Gainesville campus on Feb 20th! I'm really excited, but a little nervous!

Is anyone else going to the March 28th interview in Jacksonville?

Oh wow, they already started sending out Mar invite???? I am getting nervous and stressed lol

Last cycle I got an invite the first week of feb but the interview wasn't until April. So they seem to send them early. Good luck!

I got an interview invite today for the gainesville campus. March 27th

3.38 Science GPA
3.41 non science GPA
B.S. Biomedical Science
2 years medical Assistant
72 PCAT taken one time

I got an interview invite today for the gainesville campus. March 27th
Great! I haven't heard anything at all yet. I live out of state though. Applied since November.

Great! I haven't heard anything at all yet. I live out of state though. Applied since November.

I'm in the same boat. I'm out of state and applied in early September. Just keep receiving that same email about my application materials being received over and over and over and over again...

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in the same boat. I'm out of state and applied in early September. Just keep receiving that same email about my application materials being received over and over and over and over again...
Ya it's super weird. Oh well, what can you do? We just have to stay patient I guess. Doesn't feel good waiting that long and hearing nothing though.

Yea definitely hang in there though. I applied back in september and I'm just now hearing back from them. Mostly because my PCAT was a 72 I think.

Yea definitely hang in there though. I applied back in september and I'm just now hearing back from them. Mostly because my PCAT was a 72 I think.
Yeah they recently just started reviewing applications with PCAT scores below 80. I had my interview last month and got in. Did they give you an interview? I got in but im thinking of taking a year off and applying to Med school instead.

Yeah they recently just started reviewing applications with PCAT scores below 80. I had my interview last month and got in. Did they give you an interview? I got in but im thinking of taking a year off and applying to Med school instead.

Yea they just gave me an interview for march 27th Gainesville campus

I had my interview yesterday and received my acceptance letter today!!!!

I had my interview yesterday and received my acceptance letter today!!!!

Wow that is amazingly fast. How many people were at your interview? I hope I get accepted that fast lol

Wow that is amazingly fast. How many people were at your interview? I hope I get accepted that fast lol
There were probably about 20 of us. I was really excited to get my acceptance!

There were probably about 20 of us. I was really excited to get my acceptance!
Yeah! congrats!! They're extremely fast! I remember coming home from class the next day after my interview and seeing i got accepted! It was soo fast!! Got into the gainesville campus right? Are you at UF currently??

Yeah! congrats!! They're extremely fast! I remember coming home from class the next day after my interview and seeing i got accepted! It was soo fast!! Got into the gainesville campus right? Are you at UF currently??
No kidding! Yes, I'm assigned to the a Gainesville campus. I am currently finishing up my prereq's at Santa Fe

No kidding! Yes, I'm assigned to the a Gainesville campus. I am currently finishing up my prereq's at Santa Fe

My interview at the Gainesvilles campus is on the 27th Thursday and my birthday is on the 28th so I better be getting accepted on my birthday lol

My interview at the Gainesvilles campus is on the 27th Thursday and my birthday is on the 28th so I better be getting accepted on my birthday lol
That would be one heck of a birthday present!!!

I have heard back with interview invitations from all the other schools I applied to except UF. I am considered out of state for all of them. I have a 3.67 GPA with 99% PCAT, and research, leadership, and pharmacy experience. I listed St. Petersburg as my first choice campus. What is the deal?
Congrats on your PCAT score! How did you study for the exam? I plan on taking the PCAT in September.... I need all the help I can get. :)

I interviewed last Thursday and got my conditional acceptance letter today via email.

Got my conditional acceptance for Orlando Campus this morning! Jibby321 looks like I'll be seeing you around campus this fall!

Got my acceptance but I will be turning it down. Best of luck to everyone else!

I was actually was supposed to be in your class but i ended up going to tally and it didn't work out for me there personally so i resubmitted my app. I regret so badly not going with uf the first time but everything happens for a reason everyones been telling me. I just want the chance to finish what i started:) you know what i mean

Bummer sorry to hear it didn't work out for you in Tally. We're you at FAMU? What happened if you don't mind me asking. Here's to hoping you hear back from UF soon! Did you interview at the Orlando campus?