UF Pharmacy Application Cycle Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I finally got the e-mail that they received everything this morning. What kind of time table should I be looking at as far as seeing if I get denied or get and interview? Tennessee on the 14th, and UGA on the 19th, so if I get an interview I hope I can schedule around those.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got a confirmation email saying that all my materials have been received. UF is my top choice, but I'm a little worried about my stats. I got a 91 PCAT, but only a 3.1 science gpa. :( I guess we will see. Good luck to everyone applying!

Yay got an interview invite this morning!!

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview is in Gainesville but I am assigned to the Orlando campus (what I wanted). I submitted my application and it was received by UF with my pcat score about October 20. And I found out the end of October they were reviewing my application and that I would know in two weeks with a decision. And now I found out on Tuesday. I know right they are only reviewing competitive applicants pcat scores above a 80 and a gpa above 3.0.

You all have made the right decision in applying to the BEST college in the state of Florida.

Reactions: 1 user
My interview is in Gainesville but I am assigned to the Orlando campus (what I wanted). I submitted my application and it was received by UF with my pcat score about October 20. And I found out the end of October they were reviewing my application and that I would know in two weeks with a decision. And now I found out on Tuesday. I know right they are only reviewing competitive applicants pcat scores above a 80 and a gpa above 3.0.

When is your interview date?

Hey guys, looks like the vast majority on this forum are in state. I'm out of state and not sporting the world's GREATEST stats, but hoping they're sufficient enough (85 PCAT, 3.15 Science GPA). I submitted my application back in SEPTEMBER, hoping to get ahead of the crowd... to virtually no avail. I have now received the automated message 4 times, and just today got one saying "I have received your [...] currently reviewing applications with 3.0 SCI GPA with PCAT’s 80 Percentile and higher."

Is this a similar email that those of you who received interviews / acceptance offers had before you heard back from UF with something definitive? Thanks in advance, and good luck!!

Hey guys, looks like the vast majority on this forum are in state. I'm out of state and not sporting the world's GREATEST stats, but hoping they're sufficient enough (85 PCAT, 3.15 Science GPA). I submitted my application back in SEPTEMBER, hoping to get ahead of the crowd... to virtually no avail. I have now received the automated message 4 times, and just today got one saying "I have received your [...] currently reviewing applications with 3.0 SCI GPA with PCAT’s 80 Percentile and higher."

Is this a similar email that those of you who received interviews / acceptance offers had before you heard back from UF with something definitive? Thanks in advance, and good luck!!

I don't want to be negative but I doubt you'll get in. They accept 15-30 out of state students a year and that's for all of the campuses. So around 5 for Gainesville campus. There will be plenty of out of state applicants with 3.8+ GPA. Again just my opinion. I hope you get in and good luck.

I think you will be fine:) annndddd that automated email comes multiple times before they give u an answer.

I think you will be fine:) annndddd that automated email comes multiple times before they give u an answer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response guys. I'm trying to be realistic about it. If I get it, that would be AWESOME, if not... I've already gotten in elsewhere, so I guess I won't sweat it too much at this point. Thanks again for your feedback.

I just want to wish those who have an interview today the best!!! :) I am hopeful for my interview notification as well:) I am sure those who interview today are PharmD students now!!

I have heard back with interview invitations from all the other schools I applied to except UF. I am considered out of state for all of them. I have a 3.67 GPA with 99% PCAT, and research, leadership, and pharmacy experience. I listed St. Petersburg as my first choice campus. What is the deal?

I have heard back with interview invitations from all the other schools I applied to except UF. I am considered out of state for all of them. I have a 3.67 GPA with 99% PCAT, and research, leadership, and pharmacy experience. I listed St. Petersburg as my first choice campus. What is the deal?
Same...i have been accepted to 2 top 20 schools already.

All of that seems pretty impressive, I think that it's just difficult to receive an interview when you're out of state. I was at the interview last week and there was only one out of state person I think, two at most. But the first interview was last week and all of the other interviews aren't until next year, so I wouldn't sweat it just yet. Just wait it out and if nothing else, it seems like you will have a lot of other school options anyway.

All of that seems pretty impressive, I think that it's just difficult to receive an interview when you're out of state. I was at the interview last week and there was only one out of state person I think, two at most. But the first interview was last week and all of the other interviews aren't until next year, so I wouldn't sweat it just yet. Just wait it out and if nothing else, it seems like you will have a lot of other school options anyway.
Did they mention anything regarding when they will be sending the next wave of interviews and what applicant stats they will be focusing in on? Thank you

Nope they never mentioned any of that from what I know. They were still reviewing 3.0 + gpa and pcat above an 80. The next date is end of January so I assume it won't be for awhile. There were about 25 people at our interview.

Awhile that they start sending out invites*

Admission decisions came out today!!! ACCEPTED TO THE CLASS OF 2018. Good luck to everyone still applying!

Accepted! :soexcited:
Congrats to those accepted and good luck to everyone still applying!

I got accepted as well! This was by far my first choice, so I'm so excited and relieved! Best of luck to everyone still applying! I'll see some of you next year!

Congratulations to all of those who got accepted!! :)

Also accepted to the Gainesville campus! Best of luck to everyone still applying. The consensus at the interview day seemed to be that the interviewers were pretty nice, so just relax and be yourselves!

Created a facebook group for the Gainesville campus so we can start getting to chat with our future classmates! https://www.facebook.com/groups/677183952313425/

Congrats on behalf of a current 1PD. I can't believe people are already being accepted it seems as though I was just applying my self

Paid my deposit and sent in my decision form! Got to start knocking out that long list of things to get done.

Which campus accepts student with lower competitive stats? I'm torn between St. Pete and Orlando.
2.9 - 3.0 GPA's

I got an invite to interview at St. Pete campus but there hasn't been a date set for that campus yet. Gainesville might be better if I want to do research but St. Pete is near my family ...

I got an invite to interview at St. Pete campus but there hasn't been a date set for that campus yet. Gainesville might be better if I want to do research but St. Pete is near my family ...
I can't speak for STP but ORL and JAX have ample opportunities for research for students. Also if you want to do research in GVille you can do that even if you are at a distance campus. If I were you I would call the STP campus and ask about local research opportunities for students. Or email the student affairs counseler for the STP campus.

Paid my deposit and sent in my decision form! Got to start knocking out that long list of things to get done.

Where are you starting with the list? I did the background check and the 2 things you mentioned. But I haven't found the Landing Page to be all that helpful. I'm not even sure where to start.

Where are you starting with the list? I did the background check and the 2 things you mentioned. But I haven't found the Landing Page to be all that helpful. I'm not even sure where to start.

There's a link in the conditional admit letter that goes to an incoming requirements pdf that lists everything that needs to get done. It's all whole bunch of paperwork, immunizations and cpr certification. I think the only thing that needs to get started now to see if you have all the immunizations and testing done because it can take a while to complete it.

hello! I have submitted my UF application in November with no word yet.
I have a 61 PCAT with a 91 in chemistry.
3.3 gpa, 3.1 science gpa.
what do you guys think?! got a change?

hello! I have submitted my UF application in November with no word yet.
I have a 61 PCAT with a 91 in chemistry.
3.3 gpa, 3.1 science gpa.
what do you guys think?! got a change?
Gpa and PCAT are below average. Do you have any extracurriculars? Volunteer hours? Clubs? Pharmacy exp?

Gpa and PCAT are below average. Do you have any extracurriculars? Volunteer hours? Clubs? Pharmacy exp?
yes, i've worked at Walgreens as a pharm tech for 2 years, pharmacy club director at UF, lots of healthcare experience, worked at a hospital for 1 year.

yes, i've worked at Walgreens as a pharm tech for 2 years, pharmacy club director at UF, lots of healthcare experience, worked at a hospital for 1 year.

Good luck. Lets us know if you get an interview offer. I know someone who had 66 PCAT with 3.6ish gpa and who has been an RN for 5+ years who was accepted. Hopefully your experience will weigh heavier than stats.

Good luck. Lets us know if you get an interview offer. I know someone who had 66 PCAT with 3.6ish gpa and who has been an RN for 5+ years who was accepted. Hopefully your experience will weigh heavier than stats.
Have you received an interview invite yet? UF is my number 1 choice, especially since I already received my undergrad from there but I just don't know if I have a chance with my stats

Have you received an interview invite yet? UF is my number 1 choice, especially since I already received my undergrad from there but I just don't know if I have a chance with my stats
I'm a 1PD there now. So yes. Last cycle. Lol