UF Pharmacy Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i think it will probably take a while before we hear back from them, assuming though there is gonna be alot of people applying right up on till the extended deadline of march 1st, and then they have spring break. (idk if that means the office is closed).. which i hope isn't the case, but we will see i guess.
That's unfortunate because its already late in the cycle and I have already had interviews and have upcoming ones next month. I was really considering this college but the later it gets, the more I'm realizing what the other colleges have to offer as well as losing interest in this one. Hopefully they will contact us soon :/

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard back from the February 25th interview in Gainesville?

Received an interview invite (took PCAT in Jan)! Not assigned to my preferred campus though, so I'm trying to petition to change that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an interview invite (took PCAT in Jan)! Not assigned to my preferred campus though, so I'm trying to petition to change that.

just wondering, if you dont mind me asking, did you receive your invite this week?

Maybe a question for those interviewed already or attending UFCOP, what percentage of interviewed ends up getting accepted?

Maybe a question for those interviewed already or attending UFCOP, what percentage of interviewed ends up getting accepted?

Not sure about exact percent but it seems like UF COP accepts most of their interviewees

Last edited:
Have any out-of-state applicants been accepted yet?

What campus?

St. Pete. I don't have a problem with St. Pete, but I could live in Gainesville rent-free and save thousands of dollars, so I'm really hoping to be considered for that campus instead. Plus I went to UF, so despite the fact that Gainesville is a dump, it holds a special place in my heart lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
St. Pete. I don't have a problem with St. Pete, but I could live in Gainesville rent-free and save thousands of dollars, so I'm really hoping to be considered for that campus instead. Plus I went to UF, so despite the fact that Gainesville is a dump, it holds a special place in my heart lol.

I was just curious. Good luck.

Is there anyone else still waiting for an interview invite? My PCAT scores werent in until the end of January, but I'm starting to lose hope...I have two other interviews this month so I'm trying not to be too bummed, but I was really hoping for UF...anyone else out there in the same boat?

Is there anyone else still waiting for an interview invite? My PCAT scores werent in until the end of January, but I'm starting to lose hope...I have two other interviews this month so I'm trying not to be too bummed, but I was really hoping for UF...anyone else out there in the same boat?
Yes me. I took the January PCAT and also have several other interviews. I have a strong GPA and PCAT score but I'm an out of state applicant with minimal pharmacy experience and I know UF favors in state applicants. I emailed them last week and they said they were still reviewing people's files. Just got to be patient I guess. :/

How long does UF normally take after you submit the supplemental application? I submitted mine on Feb 19 and haven't heard back. I have an interview for LECOM-B on Thursday and I submitted their supplemental about a week ago.

Thank you!

How long does UF normally take after you submit the supplemental application? I submitted mine on Feb 19 and haven't heard back. I have an interview for LECOM-B on Thursday and I submitted their supplemental about a week ago.

Thank you!

my LECOM interview is Thursday as well! Good luck and see ya there!

Thank you!

Mine took about 3 weeks after I submitted my supplemental before I got my invite.

Does anyone know how the background check/ drug screening works. I got the email from certiphi or something like that. If I pay the fee and have the background check done will other schools have access to that? And does it have me schedule the drug screening some where?

Woohoo! Got my campus changed to Gville. Anyone else going to be there on the 29th?

Does anyone know how the background check/ drug screening works. I got the email from certiphi or something like that. If I pay the fee and have the background check done will other schools have access to that? And does it have me schedule the drug screening some where?

I'm pretty sure that all schools that require background checks/drug screenings will have access to the results. For the drug screen, it gives you a form to print that you take with you to the lab. I just did a walk-in to Lab Corp, and the results were on the Certiphi site the next day. FYI, make sure you see both emails from Certiphi. I know Gmail groups the two emails together, so I didn't see one of them for a while, and I know someone else had the same problem.

Woohoo! Got my campus changed to Gville. Anyone else going to be there on the 29th?

I'm pretty sure that all schools that require background checks/drug screenings will have access to the results. For the drug screen, it gives you a form to print that you take with you to the lab. I just did a walk-in to Lab Corp, and the results were on the Certiphi site the next day. FYI, make sure you see both emails from Certiphi. I know Gmail groups the two emails together, so I didn't see one of them for a while, and I know someone else had the same problem.

Thanks. I got 2 emails but they both said the same exact thing. I'm just waiting until after my UF interview to take care of background check etc. oh, and good luck on the 29th.

Thanks. I got 2 emails but they both said the same exact thing. I'm just waiting until after my UF interview to take care of background check etc. oh, and good luck on the 29th.

Double check that they are the same. That's what I thought, but the code you put into the website was slightly different (CERTAACP2013 vs CERTAACPDS2013). The second code is the drug screen code.

Double check that they are the same. That's what I thought, but the code you put into the website was slightly different (CERTAACP2013 vs CERTAACPDS2013). The second code is the drug screen code.

You are absolutely right. Thank you! Glad I asked.

anyone going to the st. pete interview on the 22nd?

Does anyone know how common it is for UF to request an extra LOR? I submitted 3 with PharmCAS back in November, but they asked for a fourth at the end of January. I know the letter was mailed a little over a month ago, but still no word about a possible interview :(

did everyone who applied receive an email from Mary Beth that says
"Your application is being prepared to be reviewed by the Admissions committee." ?

did everyone who applied receive an email from Mary Beth that says
"Your application is being prepared to be reviewed by the Admissions committee." ?

No, the first and only email I got was my interview offer. Then after replying back you get a few automated messages from her.

is the interview(Orlando) open or closed file? I remember reading somewhere interviewers do not know your grades. But other than grades, do they have all your application information and ask about them? thank you very much. Also, those interviewed on 3/7 @ Orlando, did you guys hear back from the school yet?

I took PCAT in January and I received an interview offer for St. Pete last friday.

I applied towards the end of Feb. But I have yet to hear anything from UF. Is that normal? Anyone else in the same boat?

Last edited:
Nervous/excited for the interview on Friday! Anyone else going to be in Gville?

Accepted to Jacksonville Campus! Interviewed 3/27 and heard back this morning!

I was interviewed at the St. Pete campus on March 22nd. Has anyone interviewed on that date gotten their acceptance letter yet? It has been a week already so I am just wondering.

Accepted!!!! :soexcited: Now to get started on the longggg list of requirements before August. :rolleyes:

I just received an interview offer. I confirmed my interview acceptance with Mary Beth but she told me they don't have a date set yet. :confused: Mine is for the St. Pete campus. Did anyone else get an invite?

Also, what is the class schedule like? Does anyone know/have an idea?

Thanks!

I just received an interview offer. I confirmed my interview acceptance with Mary Beth but she told me they don't have a date set yet. :confused: Mine is for the St. Pete campus. Did anyone else get an invite?

Also, what is the class schedule like? Does anyone know/have an idea?

Thanks!

I got an interview offer for St. Pete as well and I don't know the date either...

I got an interview offer for St. Pete as well and I don't know the date either...

The reason they don't have a date yet is most likely because the application deadline was extended meaning they have yet to implement extra interview dates to accommodate the increase in applications.

I have An interview at the Orlando campus on the 18th. I know I will recieve the time of the interview the week of because that's what the email said. But about when did you get the time? The beginning of the week?

I am writing in regards to my son. My son got an interview invite pretty quickly after applying to UF (preferred Gainesville campus), and later his original interview was bumped up to an earlier date. He said the interview went well, and we patiently waited to see if he was accepted. A week later, he then got a message stating the original interview was not satisfactory and they wanted to do another interview at the Gainesville campus. We assumed it was because when he got his original interview, it was for the Jacksonville campus and he had requested to be changed to the Gainesville location for financial reasons. Instead, he got an email after the second interview that he was being put on an "alternate list!!!" As you can imagine, he was pretty upset. I'm also upset because what hurts him, hurts me even more. He has already established himself in Gainesville (for other reasons than just school, though) with housing and a job.

Like all of you, my son has worked hard his entire life to get to this point, and it seems to me as if UF got his hopes up and then pulled the rug out from underneath him.

I'm now wondering if perhaps the second interview had to do with the fact that he wanted to change to the Gainesville campus, and he is now on a waiting list in case they can "find" an opening?

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was the final result? TIA. And good luck to the rest of you, kids...and congrats to the others who have already been accepted!!

Turns out I was denied at St. Pete :(. Now I am wondering who I should contact to find out more about why I was denied. It is unfortunate but it is where I want to go so I'll hope for better luck next year.

I also received an interview for the st pete campus without a set date

Turns out I was denied at St. Pete :(. Now I am wondering who I should contact to find out more about why I was denied. It is unfortunate but it is where I want to go so I'll hope for better luck next year.

How did the interview go? I find that very strange

I am writing in regards to my son. My son got an interview invite pretty quickly after applying to UF (preferred Gainesville campus), and later his original interview was bumped up to an earlier date. He said the interview went well, and we patiently waited to see if he was accepted. A week later, he then got a message stating the original interview was not satisfactory and they wanted to do another interview at the Gainesville campus. We assumed it was because when he got his original interview, it was for the Jacksonville campus and he had requested to be changed to the Gainesville location for financial reasons. Instead, he got an email after the second interview that he was being put on an "alternate list!!!" As you can imagine, he was pretty upset. I'm also upset because what hurts him, hurts me even more. He has already established himself in Gainesville (for other reasons than just school, though) with housing and a job.

Like all of you, my son has worked hard his entire life to get to this point, and it seems to me as if UF got his hopes up and then pulled the rug out from underneath him.

I'm now wondering if perhaps the second interview had to do with the fact that he wanted to change to the Gainesville campus, and he is now on a waiting list in case they can "find" an opening?

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was the final result? TIA. And good luck to the rest of you, kids...and congrats to the others who have already been accepted!!

I have not experienced this or read about anyone else experiencing this. Did you try to contact the admissions office for more information? Usually the "alternate" interviews are done independently of the regular interviews and are done at a later date sometime in June from what I have seen.