UGA c/o 2015 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have anyone else's (who didn't get called for early acceptance) references been called? I still haven't heard anything :/

Members don't see this ad.

Haven't heard anything yet. The Vet I work for told me that last time she wrote a letter for a UGA applicant she didn't get a call from them until early March. I think we have some more waiting to do, but only about a month or less!

I'm hoping you guys hear good news soon! The wait must be awful... I will let you know if I hear anything from other applicants...

Members don't see this ad :)
I know of one of my references that has been called but I have not been called for early admissions...don't know if they've finished or if they still have people to call. I applied last year as well and again had one reference that I know of called. I did make it on the wait-list last year but unfortunately was not called off of it.

My vet reference was called yesterday. He told me they asked questions that sounded almost identical to what he answered on the eLOR (answering questions based on scales of 1-10, etc.). I hope it's a good sign!

My vet reference was called yesterday. He told me they asked questions that sounded almost identical to what he answered on the eLOR (answering questions based on scales of 1-10, etc.). I hope it's a good sign!

That's exactly what my boss said too! I think it must be good... Maybe it's just to double-check the references.

It just seems odd that they would ask the same questions again. I don't really see the logic behind it. :confused:

It's probably to verify that the person who it says wrote the reference actually did write it.

That seems a bit silly... double checking answers? "I rate applicant X a 5"
"Sorry, you put 4". Who's going to remember exactly what numbers they put 4-6 months ago? It seems a bit vague, using numbers to rank someone. I worked with some very tough, (albeit good) vets. What they consider a 10 (I'm assuming 'exceeds expectations') would be very different than what another vet might. Please tell me there's an essay portion. I'd hate to think my future hangs in the balance based on a survey.
At least it's too late to be worried. Excuse me, I'm off to harass the mailman. :D

Hey! Has anyone asked UGA when they will be sending out the rest of the letters? It looked like March 10th was the date everyone got them last year, but I am hoping they are ahead of schedule!

i keep getting told "mid-march;" since spring break is mid-march, i'm hoping we'll hear something before spring break like last year...instead of hearing after...if that's the case...2 more weeks!! :eek:

Is anyone alive out there!? We are nearing the home stretch!!! Less than two weeks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't believe March is already here! I am excited. Does anyone know if they are going to mail our letters to our school or home address?

I can't believe March is already here! I am excited. Does anyone know if they are going to mail our letters to our school or home address?

It probably depends on which address you gave them as your primary mailing address.
I am both anticipating and dreading this letter as I have no way of knowing what it holds. So scared!

Did you guys apply to any other schools? UGA is my IS and the only school I applied to, so it makes me feel that much more pressure and anxiety about their response!

UGA is my only shot too. I called today and they said we should be receiving them within a week.

I applied to three other schools. Rejected at 2, waitlisted at one. I really only want to go to UGA, though, so I'm stressing over their answer.

I think I just had a heart attack!!!!!

OMG, and WITHIN a week means it could be <7 days. I am now in a panic.

I only applied to UGA as well and I am freaking out! My references were called last year and I ended up being waitlisted. As of this year NONE of my references have been called! UGH! I have no idea what this means! Do you think UGA has its acceptance list totally set by now??:confused:

I only applied to UGA as well and I am freaking out! My references were called last year and I ended up being waitlisted. As of this year NONE of my references have been called! UGH! I have no idea what this means! Do you think UGA has its acceptance list totally set by now??:confused:

Honestly, if your references were called last year but not this year, I think that may be a good sign. So possibly they do call references just to clarify? This is all a big guessing game to me. If they are sending out the letters "within a week", I'm going to guess that they already know who is being accepted and who is not.

Found out UGA contacted one of my academic references and my vet reference. Is that good?

Last edited:
Within a week from today? 7 days or 7 business days? Ahhh!

I didn't really ask, but I think we will know by next Wednesday. She also said it will be mailed to your current address on your VMCAS--->Ms.Crowe is really nice so if you have any questions about it I would just call. Good luck everyone!

A TA in my lab said that she heard that letters would be sent out Monday, but she wasn't totally positive. Just passing it along!

A TA in my lab said that she heard that letters would be sent out Monday, but she wasn't totally positive. Just passing it along!

Thanks for letting us know! Now I won't stalk the mailman all weekend....lol. Hopefully we will know by Thursday next week!

I would definitely still keep an eye out this weekend because the girl wasn't totally positive and I'm not sure about her sources. I wonder if the acceptance/rejection letters will be in the same size envelopes again or if the acceptance envelopes are larger this year like they were a couple of years ago.

I wondered that too. Last year when I got my wait-list letter the envelope had two pages in it. So if they do send them in regular sized envelopes I imagine an acceptance would be a smidge larger than a rejection (just one sheet of paper).

Aaannnd nothing in the mailbox. *sigh* I'm about 1.5 hours away from UGA, I don't know if I'd be one of the first to get a letter, or not. Looks like it's Monday, enjoy the weekend, folks. :D

If they don't change procedure...acceptances come in an 8x10 (ie full unfolded sheet of paper) size envelope...Good luck everybody...try to enjoy the weekend...I know everyone is on pins and needles. ;)

I applied to Auburn too, but my application was disqualified (I didn't even get a rejection letter...)

Apparently Wildlife Physiology and Nutrition will not count toward the animal nutrition requirement. The fault lies with me, since I should have contacted them before the application was due to see if there was an appeals process like other schools have. And I also understand the importance of a nutrition class. I was just a bit surprised that they'd be willing to accept an INTERNET course credit but wouldn't accept a related class that UGA CVM has decided is an advanced biology credit (and is a pretty difficult class too). I guess the moral is to check on that kind of thing BEFORE applying.

I've been watching the mail for my letter, but no word yet! I bet it's soon though, because I think there's an open house on the 25th. Good luck everyone! :luck:

The mailman just came by. Nothing today :(

Aaaaand empty again today!!! I can't take this!

Ugh! I can't take this waiting! Even though I can't get to my mailbox until 4pm today I was hoping to see something on here!

Oh no :-( Maybe tomorrow then. Your mailman comes really early...I've been checking the mailbox constantly just in case he comes early. Hopefully tomorrow is the day!

Another random question: Has everyone gotten a confirmation email that they are a Georgia resident?

Oh no :-( Maybe tomorrow then. Your mailman comes really early...I've been checking the mailbox constantly just in case he comes early. Hopefully tomorrow is the day!

Another random question: Has everyone gotten a confirmation email that they are a Georgia resident?

Yeah I got a confirmation e-mail two months or so ago.

I'm so worried~!!!!!

I check here before I go to the mailbox to mentally prepare myself. :oops: I too received a confirmation e-mail about residency. Good luck everyone! :luck:

Seconded! Too much stress! I got a confirmation email as well about 2 months ago. That was nice to know :).

I got my residency confirmation email at the beginning of January.

So I called Laura Leigh Crowe today just so I could get some sort of comfort knowing that the letters are in the mail. I asked her specifically if they had been sent out and she responded with "you will be notified by mid-march". ARRRGHHHGHHH. I don't understand why she wouldn't just tell me that they were sent out!!

So I called Laura Leigh Crowe today just so I could get some sort of comfort knowing that the letters are in the mail. I asked her specifically if they had been sent out and she responded with "you will be notified by mid-march". ARRRGHHHGHHH. I don't understand why she wouldn't just tell me that they were sent out!!

That's so frustrating. They need to get with it, most schools have notified by now...

That is SO frustrating. I don't know what's so "top secret" about telling us if they've been mailed or not...*sigh*...

Last edited:
So..funny story...

I was at work today (a few hours after I called the UGA CVM about the letters) and I got a call from a number I didn't recognize. I picked up and a voice I didn't recognize told me that she was calling from the UGA CVM and asked if TJenks89 was speaking. I said yes and I was totally caught off guard, as in, speechless and in shock. Were they telling me I got in? Was this the information I have been waiting 6 months for? I literally went into shock.

So she continues by saying that they were FINALLY allowed to tell students that the letters HAVE been sent out and I should be receiving one soon (she somehow knew that I had called Ms. Crowe earlier although I didn't tell Ms. Crowe my name or anything). I don't think I said anything because I still couldn't process what she was saying. Then she said "AREN'T YOU EXCITED?" I must have sounded like I was braindead or something. I mumbled a couple of things and told her thank you and that was it.

Synopsis: The admissions counselors can finally acknowledge that the letters are on their way.

Last edited:
OMG, that is funny. I've called Laura Leigh before and asked if she needed my number to get back to me but she said no that they had caller ID...not sure how they knew your name though:eyebrow:. I would have been speechless too! Thanks for sharing :)

Haha that is so funny! That means that tomorrow is the day! (I hope)

Ha- LL knows me by name... I've called so many times! "Oh, it's alabaster again". I kid, she's awesome. One thing that impressed me about UGA was that there's always someone answering the phone within the first few rings, and I'm rarely on hold. It's a bit silly, I guess, but it's the little things that make the difference...

In other news... my mail comes in 12 hours!!! AAAAHHHH!!!!:scared:

Just got a call from my dad, something from UGA came in the mail....