UGA Vistation Day and Open House

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LVT2DVM

UGA-CVM c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's the latest low down. I posted this in the UGA co 2014 thread as well.

Tomarrow, March 26, there is a Visitation Day for student who have been officially offered admission to the Class of 2014 only. Students should have received an invitation of the Dean of Admission for this event that read as follows.

We look forward to seeing you on Friday for the Class of 2014 Visitation Day. The event is scheduled from 10:00am to 1:00pm and various activities are planned. We ask that you arrive to the College by 10:00am so we can promptly start, please take into consideration time to park and walk over. Please park in the Carlton Street parking deck and we will give you a parking pass to exit the deck without charge when you sign in. We will have a sign in table in the student lobby, which is located in the Veterinary Medicine Main Building. You do not need to RSVP. Please visit our website for directions. http://www.vet.uga.edu/directions.cvm.php

I would recommend that you arrive by 9:40. It takes about 8-9 min to get from the parking garage to the school lobby and finals are going on and the lower parking levels will be full. The lobby is located at the entrance to the left of the main entrance (which has the big white columns.) You can come into the main entrance, and take a left which leads you down to the lobby as well. There will be signs directing you where to go.

The agenda is as follows:
Registration @ 10am
Welcome from Dean Allen and Associate Dean Carmichael 10:15 to 11
Admission Counselor Laura Leigh Crowe will address admission information, curriculum info, housing, ect..
Panel of Current DVM students will answer all your burning questions from 11:15 to 12pm.
Vet School Club Fair and Tours of CVM from 12pm to ?

The open house is next Friday April 2. This event is open to the public, future students and studen alternates. Basically anyone can come.
Quick list of events:

9:30 parade of breeds
10:30 frisbee and agility
11:15 horse demo
12:00 horse massage
12:30 golden retriever demo
1pm more agility
1:30 flyball

milking demo probably around 10 and 2
quail eggs hatching from 10-10:30
VET Q & A 11 and 2
Tours will be given all day

Members don't see this ad.

9:30 parade of breeds
10:30 frisbee and agility
11:15 horse demo
12:00 horse massage
12:30 golden retriever demo
1pm more agility
1:30 flyball

milking demo probably around 10 and 2
quail eggs hatching from 10-10:30
VET Q & A 11 and 2
Tours will be given all day

man, im not goin to UGA but this sounds awesome :cool:. i wish i could come!

man, im not goin to UGA but this sounds awesome :cool:. i wish i could come!

And this is just the short list. We now have some exotic demos and more large animal stuff that was just added today. UGA is really big on community spirt and awareness, this event is put on by the college but is totally organized by each years freshman class, so its our way of saying hello to the community. We are really proud to offer this event, so if you can come you should! I hope the weather holds out...except for today...weve been having 65-70 degrees and sunny:)