Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

agentfaithmd

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all:

So I'm applying to college right now, and I'm hoping to choose a good college that could support my pre-med studies and acceptance to med school. Does anyone know anything about the University of Houston- Clear Lake? I'm looking at their Biological Sciences program (with a physiology/prehealth path). I've never heard much about them. I'm seeing questions about if the college is accredited, etc. Thoughts? Would UH Main Campus be a better option?

Thank you!

~MB
 
Your goal in college is to learn, grow, and enjoy the experience. Go to the college that you believe will best achieve these 3 objectives with the least amount of debt upon graduation. As a pre-med, you will need to excel in your courses and either campuses will help you achieve the goal of medschool. However, the UH College of Medicine is located at the main campus and might give you networking opportunities with the faculty or current medstudents. Something to consider as you decide.

EDIT: There is no such thing as a "Pre-Med Degree." You can graduate with any degree (art, history, lit, English, bio, chem, etc) and apply to medschool as long as the science class requirements are taken and excelled in and the ECs/MCAT for medschool are done by the time you apply to medschool. So don't limit yourself to just a "pre-med/pre-health" path in college.
 
Last edited:
Your goal in college is to learn, grow, and enjoy the experience. Go to the college that you believe will best achieve these 3 objectives with the least amount of debt upon graduation. As a pre-med, you will need to excel in your courses and either campuses will help you achieve the goal of medschool. However, the UH College of Medicine is located at the main campus and might give you networking opportunities with the faculty or current medstudents. Something to consider as you decide.
You spoke my mind! I do like UH Main Campus because it's right in TMC. Thank you for the reassurance. ☺