UHS 3/14 Interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rellik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from the admissions office yet?????? I know they said we would hear by 4/2, but the suspense is driving me crazy! I have already been accepted by another school, but UHS is my first choice. I am just hopeful that I hear from them prior to the deadline to respond to the other offer.

Members don't see this ad.

Call the admissions office and ask!!
They told me they do not discourage the after-interview phone calls. Give them a ring and let us know what they say! Good luck.

------------------
Drewdo

rellik,

I had to have interviewed with you because I interviwed on the 14th also. I haven't heard a thing, but relax it's only been a week. We probably won't know for about another week or so. I've also been accepted to another scool and I definitely like UHS better...but i figure I already put my deposit down at the other school so I might as well relax and wait. I have also heard that you can call, but I think I would be even more nervous doing that! Best of Luck.

Tiffany

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,

I interviewed at UHS and was accepted and it took them about 2 weeks to reply. They seem to be pretty prompt with all of their information so just wait it out and I'm sure they will get to you as promised.

I have accepted their offer and will be attending in the Fall. I just got back from a trip out there for apartment shopping. I can't wait to start.

If you have any questions I can help with, let me know.

[email protected]

Nathan

I interviewed Fri and called back the following Wed. From what I understand, they make it a habit of telling their interviewees exactly when the committee meets. They told us they'd meet the following Mon and then start sending letters out Tues. I couldn't wait until I received the letter and so I called. They were very friendly and it really helped put me at ease.

------------------
Drewdo

Roesnerna,

Just wondered how your apartment hunting went? I am not from the Kansas City area so it would be difficult for me to find a place to live. Just wondered how easy you think it will be?!

Tiff

Tiffany,

Apartment hunting went pretty well. I saw 22 places in a day and a half for around $500. These of course are singles, housing is much cheaper if you want to have a roomate. I did most of my preliminary "shopping" in the apartment guide that they gave us on our interview day and online. Both of these sources were pretty representative of what was available. If you have to do it via mail, it can be done, but I would recommend a visit.
I looked mostly in the North K.C./Gladstone area. It seemed to be the best place to be (grocery stores, banks, general location, proximity to school, safety, etc.) Gladstone seems to be where most students live. It is close and is a small business/suburb type of area. You do have to cross a bridge to get to school and I understand that there is some traffic....but they (the students) say it only takes about 10-20 minutes to get to school.
I looked in the city and the River Market area too. Although close, these did not appeal to me at all. They were small and old and expensive for what you are getting (paying for location). The Plaza area (further south of the school) is a nicer part of the city, but it is expensive. I was also more interested in a place where I could go out and run if I wanted to and the city just doesn't appeal to me.
I've narrowed it down to about five places in the Gladstone area that I am interested in. I've got a bunch of info. If you are interested, email me at: [email protected]

Good Luck,
NATHAN

[This message has been edited by roesnerna (edited March 24, 2001).]

Hey guys,
Listen, I was like the rest of you, Nervous as a bull at a slaughter house, the were- is- life- going- to- take- me- decision.
So, I called UHS yesterday and they emailed me the answer
I GOT IN!!!!!
HELL YA!!!
I am ridiculously excited.
so after running around my lab for 5 minutes.
I realized that I am going to be a missourian for at least the next 2 years, maybe more.
So, I think that I am going to live in Overland Park (something like that) and go from there, I'll find an apartment or town house to share with my lady
So, to ms. Tiff, I have stopped wiggin
To the rest of you, I am 95% sure I am going to go there, I do have interviews at NY an AZ however, KC sounds good to me!! Hope everyone is well and I wish you all success and happiness
Yea buddy
DI

good job! Congratulations!