UHS and DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kappapiomega

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if it is possible to stay in either Kansas City or Des Moines during the 3rd and 4th years, or will you most likely have to do rotations away from the school. I will be married and my husband will have a job in either KC or Des Moines (praying that I even get in to one of them). I am not to keen on having to move to another city for months at a time and him not being able to follow me. Anybody married at UHS or DMU right now having to deal with this? Any insight and info will be great!

Vanessa

Members don't see this ad.

K PI O
I am a ms 1 here at UHS and it is very possible to do your 3rd and 4th year rotations here in Kansas City. From what I have heard, one should have little problems finding a place close by. I am not really up on any details, but maybe this little tib bit will ease your mind. Good luck on your application process.

I'm doing research as DMU, still an undergrad down the street, but yes you can do your rotations in the area.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is how I believe it works at UHS... you pick your top choices for third year sites. Then there is a drawing/lottery thing. When you are picked, you get your top choice if it is still available and otherwise your second choice, etc. Most all students get the spots they want. Unless, a lot of students want Colorado that year, for example. There are many spots available in Kansas City, from what I hear.

Of course, I'm an MSI so I haven't actually gone through this process on my own. I know I'll be wanting to stay in KC though.

Good luck!

Yep, that is exactly how it works. Typically 80% get their one of their top picks. Though it was a few years ago that i did that, I am sure it is no different.

Thanks everybody!!

I was kind of worried that there was a big chance I would have to leave KC if I went there.