-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
uic 2011 class
Started by part1
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
my stats are
part 1 83
toefl 105
gpa 3.68
6 yrs exp as da
1 yr volunteer research exp..
planning to apply by next week
part 1 83
toefl 105
gpa 3.68
6 yrs exp as da
1 yr volunteer research exp..
planning to apply by next week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
Do we need a green card to apply to UIC?
Please Reply,
thanks!
Yes, must have a Green Card or Citizenship of USA. Temp GC or Status does not work
Dentalbug
Regarding notarized copies of transcript and degree certificate, how did u do it? Do we have to get the copies notarized from the university we attended in our respective country? I have transcript from college and degree certificate from University. How do i get it notarized here in the US? Please reply ...freaking out!!!!!!!!!!
Regarding notarized copies of transcript and degree certificate, how did u do it? Do we have to get the copies notarized from the university we attended in our respective country? I have transcript from college and degree certificate from University. How do i get it notarized here in the US? Please reply ...freaking out!!!!!!!!!!
You can go to any ups centre in shopping complexes they will have a notary person who can notarize your copies of transcript and degree certificate.There will be postal centres also in shopping areas where there will be notary.you need not contact your university.If u do not find UPS centre you can even enquire in your bank and they can guide you.Hope this helps.
You can go to any ups centre in shopping complexes they will have a notary person who can notarize your copies of transcript and degree certificate.There will be postal centres also in shopping areas where there will be notary.you need not contact your university.If u do not find UPS centre you can even enquire in your bank and they can guide you.Hope this helps.
u can go to chase or Bank of America..I got it done from chase.They do it for free.
hi,And for the above q ,,yes we need to hv green card or us citizenship in order to apply ,
thnx
I wanted to order an extra score report from ADA,i checked their website.they want a money order posted to them,is it true??is that the only way they send score reports and does it take 3 weeks for it to arrive.
secondly,i want to apply to UIC with my old score.i am yet to take another attempt of nbde 1.can i update my score later and the rest of application remains the same.
someone pls clarify.
thanks
I had called uic , got know that so far they hv recieved 45 complete applications .
hey which no. did u call to?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how many seats are available for international dental program per year in uic?
thanks..
thanks..
i think u need to post it!
thanku very much.
how many seats are available for international dental program per year in uic?
thanks..
i think its 30 this year.
can anyone plss guide me on this regard-do we have to prepare CV/resume as part of application to apply UIC. The university requirements do not ask for one in the website. So,do we have to attach our resume along with SOP in the application??
really appreciate any suggestion who already applied or planning to apply to UIC.thanku.
really appreciate any suggestion who already applied or planning to apply to UIC.thanku.
Check their minimum requirement. I know that if your score is even one point below their requirment they will not accept your application so it's better to apply to any school w/ minimum scores that they list.
their minimum is 80 for toefl so can i apply i have toefl 90 but it was before may 2009 so its not acceptableCheck their minimum requirement. I know that if your score is even one point below their requirment they will not accept your application so it's better to apply to any school w/ minimum scores that they list.
I am planning to apply after I take my Part I in May. Do you apply to their page or CAAPID ?
WHAT about resume,in the application form there isn't any place to mention your expertise ,work experience ,volunteering and publications. do you guys write all of those in the statement section and also isn't 32000 characters alot?what do you describe in it?🙂
hey guys! you apply directly through them, not CAAPID. And yes you need part I only to apply but it wouldn't hurt to have part II.
I have a question for those of you that have applied already. I went on to check the status of my application and they show that my application is incomplete, it only shows that the translation of transcript and diploma have not been recieved!😕 I'm freaking out because i know that i sent that stuff. My question is does it take a while for them to review it and that's why it shows that that stuff is incomplete? HOw can i get a hold of them instead of an answering machine? Is there an email i can get a hold of them at?
thanks
I have a question for those of you that have applied already. I went on to check the status of my application and they show that my application is incomplete, it only shows that the translation of transcript and diploma have not been recieved!😕 I'm freaking out because i know that i sent that stuff. My question is does it take a while for them to review it and that's why it shows that that stuff is incomplete? HOw can i get a hold of them instead of an answering machine? Is there an email i can get a hold of them at?
thanks
HI. did you find out any answer?i have the same question?isn't it alot 38000 characters? mine is almost 6000 .can anyone plss guide me on this regard-do we have to prepare CV/resume as part of application to apply UIC. The university requirements do not ask for one in the website. So,do we have to attach our resume along with SOP in the application??
really appreciate any suggestion who already applied or planning to apply to UIC.thanku.
Hi missi, I have the same problem, I called them and they told me to wait for couple of days to evaluate my diploma,but it's been more than a week the same thing, I sent them an email yesterday, go to their site and try contact you will find the email. please let me know if you have any news
hey guys! you apply directly through them, not CAAPID. And yes you need part I only to apply but it wouldn't hurt to have part II.
I have a question for those of you that have applied already. I went on to check the status of my application and they show that my application is incomplete, it only shows that the translation of transcript and diploma have not been recieved!😕 I'm freaking out because i know that i sent that stuff. My question is does it take a while for them to review it and that's why it shows that that stuff is incomplete? HOw can i get a hold of them instead of an answering machine? Is there an email i can get a hold of them at?
thanks
Hi missi, I have the same problem, I called them and they told me to wait for couple of days to evaluate my diploma,but it's been more than a week the same thing, I sent them an email yesterday, go to their site and try contact you will find the email. please let me know if you have any news
Hello, I have the same problem, my application online show that the english translation is not received. I have a question, should the translation be an ATA certified?
Thanks Guys! I spoke to someone who's already gone through the application process and they said that if they need anything else they will contact us. And that it does take a while to process the info! Hopefully we'll get a "complete" application soon! Good luck EVeryone!
YOu know i'm not sure about the ATA Translation. I don't know if it's required to have it translated by someone certified. I did though because of the other school's I applied to. But i'm sure it will be ok.
YOu know i'm not sure about the ATA Translation. I don't know if it's required to have it translated by someone certified. I did though because of the other school's I applied to. But i'm sure it will be ok.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks Guys! I spoke to someone who's already gone through the application process and they said that if they need anything else they will contact us. And that it does take a while to process the info! Hopefully we'll get a "complete" application soon! Good luck EVeryone!
YOu know i'm not sure about the ATA Translation. I don't know if it's required to have it translated by someone certified. I did though because of the other school's I applied to. But i'm sure it will be ok.
does anyone know when they eill be starting interviews??
Yes it should be ATA certifed, check the site www.atanet.org or . com I am not sure,then write down ur zipcode and you will find a list of ATA certified translators in your area, good luck.
HI. did you find out any answer?i have the same question?isn't it alot 38000 characters? mine is almost 6000 .
attaching our resume/CV wont hurt for sure. some universities specifically mention not to attach resume with the application, there you can avoid. since UIC doesnt say so, i think we can include that in the application packet.
regarding SOP, is anywhere mentioned how many characters are supposed to be present?? i didnt knew that. mine is also short.
Hi,JUST check the place that you have to paste the statement(in the application online),it is said up to 32000 characters. plz check it out and tell me about it.....attaching our resume/CV wont hurt for sure. some universities specifically mention not to attach resume with the application, there you can avoid. since UIC doesnt say so, i think we can include that in the application packet.
regarding SOP, is anywhere mentioned how many characters are supposed to be present?? i didnt knew that. mine is also short.
hi i try to call uic but there is only answer mechine i check my application online all transcript are recieved but the personal check and toefl scores it appear not recieved can you tell me what to do and who you know the application incomplete they send you email or what? can you reply please
Hi missi, I have the same problem, I called them and they told me to wait for couple of days to evaluate my diploma,but it's been more than a week the same thing, I sent them an email yesterday, go to their site and try contact you will find the email. please let me know if you have any news
what no you called all the time i call is answering mechine i just want to know why some all the transcript and degrees recieved but personal check and toefl it apear blank is it ok they will fill the blank after while or what
This university is extremely difficult to get intouch with. I called about 2.5 weeks ago and left a message. Noone returned the call. I sent an e-mail to them about a week ago and no returned e-mail. Since I was born and raised in the US (1st language is English)and went to Dental School in another country, I wnated to know which documents I need to send to them inorder to be waived from the TOEFL. if anyone is in a similiar situation, can you please let me know. My application has been ready for a while, but I haven't sent it since I am not sure of the TOEFL. Thanks.
Hi fellas, its not easy but we will be rewarded at the end, spoke to them 3 weeks ago, last year about 280 applications for 35 spots, highly competitive. I applied have the application confirmed as complete. Have to wait for IV. If I can help anyone let me know.
what no you called all the time i call is answering mechine i just want to know why some all the transcript and degrees recieved but personal check and toefl it apear blank is it ok they will fill the blank after while or what
drmsg when u call,after you choose admission office choose number 4 it will transfer you to one of the admission office stuff,good luck.
By the way did anyone attend the open house yesterday at UIC
Hi firstmolar, could you please tell me, what is the status for your application now, does it say complete and ready for review, coz mine it state this but under it. it says pending manual review required?Hi fellas, its not easy but we will be rewarded at the end, spoke to them 3 weeks ago, last year about 280 applications for 35 spots, highly competitive. I applied have the application confirmed as complete. Have to wait for IV. If I can help anyone let me know.
Thanks in advance
Same here, my understanding is that pending manual review is actually the process that separates those that will be invited for IV from those that for some reason do not present an interest for the school. They always invite more potential students for IV than available spots. Hope that helped.Hi firstmolar, could you please tell me, what is the status for your application now, does it say complete and ready for review, coz mine it state this but under it. it says pending manual review required?
Thanks in advance
drmsg when u call,after you choose admission office choose number 4 it will transfer you to one of the admission office stuff,good luck.
By the way did anyone attend the open house yesterday at UIC
thank you for reply i see my application there is in the application summery this statement
This is a summary of the processed admissions application that you selected.
my question is that did they fill all the column for the recieved document at once or it take awhile and where is application status is written please i am so afraid that they miss my money check and toefl bec they dont write that they recieve it is that ok? please can you answer my question
thanks
hi just want to know where you guyes search for application statesHi firstmolar, could you please tell me, what is the status for your application now, does it say complete and ready for review, coz mine it state this but under it. it says pending manual review required?
Thanks in advance
thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thank you for reply i see my application there is in the application summery this statement
This is a summary of the processed admissions application that you selected.
my question is that did they fill all the column for the recieved document at once or it take awhile and where is application status is written please i am so afraid that they miss my money check and toefl bec they dont write that they recieve it is that ok? please can you answer my question
thanks
well the section that states recieved should all be filled with the dates they received the document, I think you better check it out with them.
Same here, my understanding is that pending manual review is actually the process that separates those that will be invited for IV from those that for some reason do not present an interest for the school. They always invite more potential students for IV than available spots. Hope that helped.
Thanks firstmolar, wish you the best of luck.
thanks but even for toefl and money check and thank you very much for help beci am so confusedwell the section that states recieved should all be filled with the dates they received the document, I think you better check it out with them.
thanks but even for toefl and money check and thank you very much for help beci am so confused
Yes even for the toefl and the fees
All the lines should be filled out. It takes about 3-4 weeks until they fill that, too many applications. It takes time, also until not long time ago they were busy with the regular addmissions, so be patient, I know is hard. I dont see my toefl line but I know that they received it because the application is complete, otherwise it would have been incomplete. Heads up, even between us someone will be accepted someone not I know haow that is. God Bless Us All.thanks but even for toefl and money check and thank you very much for help beci am so confused
Similar threads
- Replies
- 13
- Views
- 8K