UIC - Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Genesis, is it better to take the afternoon labs or the lab friday morning? Do they have a lot of exams on fridays or are htey spread out throughout the week, currently i am signed up for group three, where you have one lab wednesday afternoons and one thursday.. would that be ok?

I beleive its no problem, tho i signed up for group one i just thought it was no use going to school only for one class on Friday and wasting that much transportation money. Also it gave me the afternoons off so i can work if i want to.

Members don't see this ad.

I beleive its no problem, tho i signed up for group one i just thought it was no use going to school only for one class on Friday and wasting that much transportation money. Also it gave me the afternoons off so i can work if i want to.

Yeah i believe its good for commuters to have the group 1.. but I will be dorming there so I rather go to class thursday and have only one class on friday which i can miss if i want to.. ;) and that way have almost fridays off! :D
although i shouldnt be talking abt skipping class before even school starts!

Members don't see this ad :)
Genesis, is it better to take the afternoon labs or the lab friday morning? Do they have a lot of exams on fridays or are htey spread out throughout the week, currently i am signed up for group three, where you have one lab wednesday afternoons and one thursday.. would that be ok?

I think the Friday lab section is closed already.

I think the Friday lab section is closed already.

Yeah but it could open up.. we have till september so i just wanted to know which one is better..

You're right - people will probably be changing their minds through the summer.......:D :rolleyes:

a friend who just completed her P1 year told me that the class we have on friday, PHYB 301 has a recorded lecture. so, if you were to miss class, you can always get the recording. ;-)

i registered for group 3 (the one that has labs on wed and thurs). i'd rather not be late for PHAR 321, so since i'm already on campus, i figured, what the heck. :)

Did you guys see the email from campus police about the robbery and "abduction" that happened this week about a block from the pharmacy building? It came in my UIC email account.
A person was robbed, forced into a car, and taken to an ATM where they were then told to take money out for the robbers.......

Yep..and the scary thing about it is that it occured at 4:50pm in broad daylight!

I'm female.

You'll get those crime alerts every so often from UIC. I took the Monday/Thursday lab group, and I had no problems with it. It is actually better to have 331 recitation later in the week.

Is it possible to get into the pharmacy program at UIC going to community college, or is it pretty much a lost cause. oR do you think that it is that much better to take the pre pharm claases at UIC

Thanks

Is it possible to get into the pharmacy program at UIC going to community college, or is it pretty much a lost cause. oR do you think that it is that much better to take the pre pharm claases at UIC

Thanks

Doing your prereqs at a CC is pretty much a lost cause. They accept less than 5 pure community college students per year. They prefer that they be taken at a 4 year school, be it UIC or somewhere else.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who got accepted to UIC can I ask your STATS please? GPA,PCAT and EC? I am applying for next year and kind of want to know if I am wasting my time or what! :) Thank you

Well, if you go ahead and be this positive about school, don't waste your time going to graduate school period. If you want to go somewhere, do your best and give it a shot. And, no matter what your goals are, if you go to grad school, it should be something you want, therefore you wont be wasting your time. Maybe you ought to rethink your priorities.

I'm from Florida too!!! Have you gone winter clothes shopping???

i'm from Maryland. And i believe its better to get to IL before you go winter shopping because the cold during the winter is kind of different from most eastern cities due to the wind.

Yeah it is better to do winter shopping here because the cold is different abd winter is different due to humidity and wind

I did not buy any winter clothes yet. But I did set aside some money to work on that as winter approaches. Where do you live in FL?

There is no winter in florida. Well, if you count the two weeks a year that the temperature "dips" below 40, that's about all we have. The funny thing is that even at 40s and 50s, you see people bundled up as if they are going to Antartica.

There is no winter in florida. Well, if you count the two weeks a year that the temperature "dips" below 40, that's about all we have. The funny thing is that even at 40s and 50s, you see people bundled up as if they are going to Antartica.

Now picture temperatures in the low 20's. How would u dress for that.

Actually - you should picture temperatures below zero....

Do I hear Esquimo!? Trust me, if it wasn't for the weather and the beaches... there isn't much in florida other than disney and retired people, and I don't perticularly like either of them

Does anyone know how this using loan to pay for school works. I have been notified in the mail that the classes that i registered for would have their bills due on july 20-something. I am just wondering when the loan would kick becaus i have completed the necessary requirement for loan since May. And also, when are we goin to get our refund.

Does anyone know how this using loan to pay for school works. I have been notified in the mail that the classes that i registered for would have their bills due on july 20-something. I am just wondering when the loan would kick becaus i have completed the necessary requirement for loan since May. And also, when are we goin to get our refund.
That e-mail was about summer classes. The June e-bill includes Summer semester tuition.
First, you have to complete the financial aid counselor. Then, sign up for direct deposit through Banner. Then, just wait until August. If you are receiving a refund, they normally come through by the first week of class.
I hope you are all familiar with the UIC COP's team teaching style.

That e-mail was about summer classes. The June e-bill includes Summer semester tuition.
First, you have to complete the financial aid counselor. Then, sign up for direct deposit through Banner. Then, just wait until August. If you are receiving a refund, they normally come through by the first week of class.

Genesis:
So what are your thoughts on the team teaching style..... good/bad/both?

One other question: how much do UIC students work during the school year (on avg)?

thanks....

Remember, too, that we need to sign the promissory note on the direct loan website. I think we only have to do that once, as P1's.

The good aspects of the team teaching approach is that the instructor is very knowledgeable about the topic. Also, if there is a bad instructor, you'll only have him/her for several days.
The bad aspects is that you don't know what to expect on the exam in terms of questions.
Most students work less than 10-15 hours per week.

Do you guys know if the professors care if one uses a laptop to take notes during class?

Hi again,

Just wondering if any of the students already attending UIC have any idea if we can use laptops to take notes during class.

Thanx!!!

Is anyone else not going to have their Hep B immunization complete by the 10th day of class? Do you know how you're going to handle this?

Mine won't be done until the end of October.....

I thought they were going to send us more info on this since this issue came up at orientation, but I haven't gotten any more info.

I called today and the student affairs office receptionist told me that as long as you have proof that you've started them you're ok...

i will still have one more shot to take by the time school starts....

Almost no one brings a laptop to class. The notes provided will be adequate.

Everything has been quiet here for a long time.

I hope people are getting ready to start school. It begins in 27days. The countdown has begun

I can't believe it's almost here! Has anyone gotten their ID's yet? Where do we go to get them?

On the west campus, there is an id office in the Union. You will need them to pick up your U-Pass. You can pick those up starting wednesday.

Does anyone know if we can waive the U-Pass fee? I'll be driving to school everyday and have no need for it whatsoever.

Does anyone know if we can waive the U-Pass fee? I'll be driving to school everyday and have no need for it whatsoever.

Nope, you can't. When UIC and CTA made the contract, it said that only people with certain disabilities can waive out of the U-Pass.

That's totally ludicrous though... dont you guys think?

Yes - it does seem like it should be optional. It's helping me a lot because I'm taking the bus to campus every day...

Hey are you guys buying any of the books besides the calculations book and the review of organic functional groups?

There are a lot of books listed for drug delivery systems.....seems like it would be useful to have them all but it's pretty expensive.

You need the pharm calculations book. Everything else is optional. I bought the physio book and it was helpful during the kidney section, as you will learn. Most of the material comes from the handouts. Any required book will be on hold at the Library of health sciences across the street.
The CTA has made it clear to every university which has the U-Pass, that it must be everyone or no one. When the U-Pass came up for reapproval in Spring 2005, it passed with 85% of undergraduates approving.