UIC DMDAS 2019-2020 cycle interview invitation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My completion date is March 26, invitation date April 1st, Interview will be on April 23. Do you something about interview experience?
Hey there, K_DENTIST! Can you share your experience with the UIC interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there! Was it also a closed file interview? Did it end around 12:30nn as their email mentioned? Congrats for getting an interview by the way!

Thanks. Yeah, closed interview and it's about 15-20 mins. After that you'll take a tour and everything should end around 12-12:30.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an interview invite this week. Completion date was May 1. Scheduled for June. My friend who interviewed with them 2 years ago said two faculty members were there during the interview session. But a previous member on this thread said there was only 1 faculty. Any other person who is done with their interview this year and can shed more light on this?
I was interviewed by one faculty

Reactions: 1 user
I was interviewed by one faculty
Does anyone know what is the criteria of selection at UIC? They do not have a bench test, nor any form of written test (like some other schools have a test case analysis or essay). So do they decide based on just one interviewers opinion?

For the 30 minutes of interview, were there more than 7 questions ? How many minutes should I spend answering each question ? what are the paper work UIC give after the interview? and they stated that we have to bring 1 photo and TOEFL scores, is that all? and is it ok to have back bag or it would not look professional? Thanks a lot

For the 30 minutes of interview, were there more than 7 questions ? How many minutes should I spend answering each question ? what are the paper work UIC give after the interview? and they stated that we have to bring 1 photo and TOEFL scores, is that all? and is it ok to have back bag or it would not look professional? Thanks a lot
My completion was 16th April . Do I still hold chance

My completion was
Mine was the Apr 8th so stay positive
yes doc

I’m going for interview on June 18th. Anyone else ? My completion April end .

Did UIC start sending acceptance for people who interviewed in April?. Around that time last year, they started sending acceptance email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys, I’m having my interview June 14. Do you know if they started sending acceptances? Or how soon after iv they start sending acceptances?

Hello guys, I’m having my interview June 14. Do you know if they started sending acceptances? Or how soon after iv they start sending acceptances?
Are you a green card holder or US citizen?

Hello everyone, any news from UIC ? interview, acceptance, rejection

Thank you.
Both parts 1 and 2
Gpa 3.1
Toefl 104
CDA 1y+
Volunteering in research 1y+with upcoming publications
Volunteering in Hospital 6mo
Volunteering in biomedical journal 1+
Shadowing

Great stat. Sir I have only 10 months of clinical experience in my home country.
Toefl= 110
NBDE 1
Nbdw 2
Gpa of 3.25. Do I stand a chance?

congratulations,
when was your interview? and when did you received the letter
I believe all groups in May and June have been communicated acceptances. Someone said some in June have been told too but not sure.

I believe all groups in May and June have been communicated acceptances. Someone said some in June have been told too but not sure.
I meant “all groups in April and May have been communicated acceptances”

Great stat. Sir I have only 10 months of clinical experience in my home country.
Toefl= 110
NBDE 1
Nbdw 2
Gpa of 3.25. Do I stand a chance?
Yes, I think you do have chances, but I would apply next cycle, because they are on rolling basis

I think they sent a lot of acceptance letters on June 26th. I got mine that day too, and like four people from my batch and four people from my country who interviewed other day.

hello guys, any acceptances, waiting lists, I heard they sent some today.

hello guys, any acceptances, waiting lists, I heard they sent some today.
They sent acceptance and waitlist yesterday, I know two ppl who got accepted.

Any idea how many got accepted so far??

for those who were interviewed at UIC in the previous cycle and applied again. I was interviewed in April I got neither acceptance nor waitlist e.mail does that means a rejection?

Any news and updates from UIC?

I interviewed in April but I got waitlisted a month ago! Tho almost all the batch that interviewed with me got in! Is there any chance to get in? And how does the waitlist work at UIC? :(
Thanks

I interviewed in April but I got waitlisted a month ago! Tho almost all the batch that interviewed with me got in! Is there any chance to get in? And how does the waitlist work at UIC? :(
Thanks
check your inbox pls

Congratulations Doc. Please share your stat thanks
Sorry about taking so long to answer
Here are my stats
NBDE part I and 2 first attempt
TOEFL 104
GPA 3.99
4 years working as Dentist abroad
3 years working as a dental assistant here in the US.
Teaching and research experience in home country.
No specialization or Masters
Green Card Holder.
Best of luck to you.

Looks like all interviews are done in UIC :(